Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Should I widen the Firehawk wheels to 10.5"?
No
26.67%
Yes
73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Should I widen my Firehawk wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt run an 11" wide wheel on the front if your already rubbing. As for the rears though, both Wheels America, and Weldcraft can widen the wheels. Mine were done by Wheels America in Tx. In my pics, they dont sit as far out as they seem, its just the angle of the pic. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...cs-here-2.html (I like whoring out these pics LOL)

Im running a 1" adapter with ARP wheel studs.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imo .. i would go buy some aftermarket wheels .those speedlines are too rare and
valuable to"cut up".
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

I sent my wheels off to have them widened at weldcraft. It's going to be a while before I get them back. They said they have a three week turn around right now.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee, I was looking to do the same thing to my rear LE wheels so I could mount some 315's on em. Spent alot of time researching asking questions and came to the conclusion as you stated in an earlier post that for a corner carver like you and I like to do it's better to have a matched set to have good balance, is the rear going to have more grip and cause understeer? And along with a few other reasons, rubbing, rolling fenders, cost, down time, even added weight which I would recommend Koni DA's vs SA's out back to handle the added weight.
I even spent some time talking with Sam Strano on this and ditched the hole idea and am just gonna get the best tire for the LE's wheels.

On another note I'm still kickin the idea of buyin a used set of LE's have em widened for a set of 315 DR.lol.

Quick Reply: Should I widen my Firehawk wheels?