Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Quick review of OE wheels z06 c6

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i mean you can take the centers off the SS wheels or the Snow flakes and put em right in the C5 or C6 wheels and paint the put whatever emblem in the center you want
Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just finished the install (sorry no pics yet...gotta get ready for ufc 117 tonight) and everything looks pretty good. the 17/18 setup doesn't really do it for me, but if i ever get some lowering springs and drop it ~1" or so, it'll be sweet. i wanted the 18/19 but i couldn't justify the price to replace the 19" tires in the future. (i had the option to get some killer 19's for super cheap.)

the wheels are excellent quality...no doubt about it. the center caps are fine for now as you can't really even tell. the logos are pretty small and everything is black so most probably won't even see it. it's not really worth worring about now. i only got 3 caps shipped, but the 4th should be here any day now.

the hawks pad were a perfect fit, but let off alot of brake dust on it's maiden voyage. i don't know if that's normal or not.

the drilled/slotted rotors from ws6store (also got the pads from them) look awesome! they just arrive today while i was painting the calipers.

the 1/4" spacer worked fine. just to be safe, i ground the corners back on the bumpstops. sitting normal, i have no clearance issues and the bumpstops sit several inches below the rim. if i take the car in for a rotation or something, the ground-back bumpstops won't catch on the rim lip underneath....or it'll be very close but shouldn't cause a problem.

the 295's look sweet! plenty of meat on the street and match the fenders nicely, with not to much sticking out looking from the rear. driving around i noticed no rubbing issues from either 295's or the 255's up front. the stance right now is begging for 1/2-1" drop!!!

i've got to take the car in to have the steering looked at, but it's nice having a car with some new rubber and harware! Overall, for the price of everything i'm pretty happy with the results.

Last edited by pathology knight; 08-07-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Quick review of OE wheels z06 c6