Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Quick review of OE wheels z06 c6

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick review of OE wheels z06 c6

got them in but couldn't get them installed (discount tire blows) but wanted to do a quick review of the wheels.

i got the z06 c6 wheels with the deep dish. 17x9.5" in front and 18x10.5" in the rear. Quality is great!

They said a spacer wouldn't be needed, but they are. the fronts fit fine, but the rears need a spacer. i got a 1/4" one, but i haven't installed them. i'm hoping they'll work. I'm running 255/45/17 and 295/35/18 tires. they look great.

one of the center caps didn't ship, but it's on it's way now. they have the corvette logo on them. i don't really like them, but it's not a big deal. the biggest thing that i don't like is the "deep dish" really isn't that deep. the fronts have just a little machined lip...nothing fancy. the rears only have a DD of a couple inches. i was hoping for more of a DD look and not a "big lip" look. they're not worth returning...but i don't really care for them.

Other than that, they seem to be very nice. i think they'll look great on my black bird (rims are black with the machined lip) with some drilled/slotted rotors and red calipers.

.....lots to do this weekend.....

(hope my rotors show up...)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Not to sound like an @$$, but you bought corvette wheels for your camaro, of course its going to have the corvette logo. You make it sound like you don't think the lip is big enough, but then in your next sentence state you don't want a big lip look. I love my OE wheels. I have 18x10.5's. Had to bfh the inner fender and shave the bumpstops to fit them without running a spacer, so you can get by without them, just a little modification needs to be done. I am really happy with my wheels and the quality.

Last edited by KingCdogg; 08-04-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***, haha jk no i think its dumb that they put the vette on them though because there replicas and alot of people put them on other stuff anyways. It makes sence why and ya everyone expects them to be on there but i'm with op & think it sucks aswell.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah...there's nothing cheesier than having the word Corvette or the Corvette logo on a car that is NOT a Corvette. I laugh my ***** off when I see cars like that. Makes absolutely no sense.

I'd buy stickers to cover them up. Good quality stickers.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

yes, i would like different logos but oh well....you can't really tell unless you get down and look.

KingCDogg- i was referring to the lip as a lip and not a "dish". i was wanting a deep dish and didn't really get it. It looks more of a "big lip" and not what i would call (have seen on others) a "deep dish". also @$$, i didn't buy corvette wheels.....i bought a set of replica wheels. if i bought them from GM as actual corvette wheels, then yes, i would expect to see a corvette logo. as an aftermarket look-a-like, i think it would be nice to have to the option to get the logo or even a black center cap.....that's all.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pathology knight
yes, i would like different logos but oh well....you can't really tell unless you get down and look.
You can get high quality, very durable metallic type stickers made with any logo or words you want, like "WS.6" or whatever. I'd do that. Those rims are great rims for F-Bodys, except for the damn Chevy logo center caps.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

LS6427....where can you get those at?

sounds interesting.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pathology knight
LS6427....where can you get those at?

sounds interesting.
Decal companies....they are everywhere. Or emblem companies, they can also have these type of decals made.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

I got the zr1's and had to get the slp centers, pics showed a smooth center which is sort of like false advertising. It was about $11 for the slp ones and the paints a little darker but not too bad.

Do they do that because they dont have gm rights to be selling the corvette logo caps?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 AM
TECH Junkie

or you could get the plain centers off a set of 10 spokes, paint them and put em on that way they wont have the emblem cause if you dont want the corvette emblems on em then why would you buy corvette wheels whether or not there the real ones or not and put em on the car anyways thats like them damn acuras puttin damn honda emblems on there cars and never do a front end convertion on em when we are in america and acura is an american company that started here in america cause acura dosent even exist in japan i mean im not tryin to talk down to you or anything but think about if you have the plain centers and someone asks what kind of wheels are those what are you gonna say?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
or you could get the plain centers off a set of 10 spokes, paint them and put em on that way they wont have the emblem cause if you dont want the corvette emblems on em then why would you buy corvette wheels whether or not there the real ones or not and put em on the car anyways thats like them damn acuras puttin damn honda emblems on there cars and never do a front end convertion on em when we are in america and acura is an american company that started here in america cause acura dosent even exist in japan i mean im not tryin to talk down to you or anything but think about if you have the plain centers and someone asks what kind of wheels are those what are you gonna say?
Thats acutally an alright idea but ya i'm with ya and id just rock the corvette emblems prob. For sake of arguing though almost everyone gets the wheels for the way they look not the cause there corvette wheels. I personaly dont give too ***** if the c5's came off a corvette or a bmw they just look damn good on camaros ya know? But ya im personaly not a fan of mix matched emblems
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Altho i don't completly agree with the acura/honda statement I will say that in Japan you could get an integra that looked just like the American ones but it was a honda integra. That means that the ppl that put honda emblems on there integras are just stating their herritage, but camaros were never corvettes in any country so they don't have a reason to put corvette emblems on it. In the end who really cares if your modified camaro has corvette wheels.

The reason we modify cars is to make them our own, so in the end its all about if you care if you are a purist that wants everything like it should be factory or if you are somebody that wants to make a car their own.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

we are working on blank centers caps for f body owners, however we will not have them until next year.
Give us a call for fast service!
(866) 273 - 3651

Check out our wheels!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont't care for the vette logo either, but for the price I paid for 4 new polished C5's i aint gonna bitch. Whats the ballpark price on the blank centercaps?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

I'm not sure yet but not to expensive.
Give us a call for fast service!
(866) 273 - 3651

Check out our wheels!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Well, the I do agree with the emblem should be a choice.. But, I just wanted to ask from the pictures I have seen the rears have a decent lip.. I'm lost on what he wanted.. Oh, well get them mounted and lets see some pictures..
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

I'd be down once i decide on the damn rims!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

I personally would love to have a blank centercap, but I realize that although I did buy a "replica", I bought a corvette replica that happens to fit the bolt pattern of the camaro, hence the emblem. I would buy a set of blank caps in a seconds notice if available, but as mentioned before, for the price these wheels are at for a set of four, you can't say too much. If you want a sweet non model specific center cap, buy some CCW's.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mind the centercaps, on the other hand I like them because it makes it easier when people ask what kind of wheels they are. I just point at the centercaps

Last edited by Empatho; 08-06-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

i'm not complaining about the price or anything, i just don't care much for the emblem. i'll live with it for now, but i'll be looking into some blanks or something. Centers with other vehicle options would be sweet too...like "ws6" or "z28" or something.

meine96ws6: the rears are just like you stated....more of a lip. they're only about 2" deep, but i'd have to measure for sure. I was just hoping for a little more depth to them, that's all.

Quick Reply: Quick review of OE wheels z06 c6