Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

CCW Owners need advice restoring some CCW Classics

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCW Owners need advice restoring some CCW Classics

Ok so I just picked up some CCW Classics for my GMC Syclone 18x12 in the back 18x10 in the front (anyone need 295x30x18 or 315x30x18 Toyo proxy R888 ill have them forsale) as im getting 335 for the back. The classics are in a little rough shape. No curbing but lots of oxidation and even some rust where the lugnuts hole are go ( I didn't even know aluminum rusted haha). So I've researched what some guys are doing in previous posts. I started out with wet sanding the wheels with 1200 then 1500 and then 2000 wet sand paper. This got all the oxidation and most of the scratches out. I then used tripoli and with a lambs wool pad buffed the wheels and then I took some white jewler rouge and buffed the wheels with that. They look great after all these steps but have a little haze so I tried some mothers polish with a micro fiber cloth and as soon as u rub the mothers on the wheels with the micro fiber cloth you get a bunch of fine scratches in the wheel again. So here a couple ?'s I have.

1. What are u going doing to bring back your worn ccw wheels?

2. Is what I'm doing a good start to bring back the showroom luster?

3. Once I've used the white rouge should I just try using the BlingMaster I've read such great things about after this step?

4. What are u guys using to apply ur polish a to make sure it doesn't scratch the wheel?

5. Lastly these thing are a pain in the *** to maintain, anyone clear coat them? Or better yet does anyone chrome them?

Will post up pic tomm of the wheels and the shape they are in.

Thanks for all the help
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ationship.html

I know some guys at a local shop and one of their family members works at a place that does a lot of aviation coatings/finishes. The other day I was at their shop and they showed me a barrel off a 3 piece wheel the guy had polished and cleared with some sort of industrial clear they use at his job. They looked awesome but I think he wants like $75 a lip/barrel to refinish.

Had I not just polished mine I probably would have went that route.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Personally, I thought the bling master sounded great too but have a better results with mothers.

Sounds like you were on the right track with your wheels
Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Any more thoughts

Quick Reply: CCW Owners need advice restoring some CCW Classics