Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

FIKSE, How in the hell is it Pronounced?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Does the fact that you are American living in America have any bearing on your response?
What does the fact that we are americans living in america have to do with correct pronunciation? Noone is asking us to speak another language, just checking correct pronunciation, kind of like how you expect people to pronounce your name correctly.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't give a **** how you pronounce my name. However, if a company is say.. Japanese, and you are an American living in America, and you use that JAPANESE word pronounced correctly in an American sentence, well you would likely get made fun of by someone like me bc you will sound like a douche. But for sake of sounding proper, you will have succeeded. So congrats for that
Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was simply questioning why you felt the need to make an issue of being an american and why it should have any bearing on how you pronounce a foreign company's name, but i imagine we would all like our last names pronounced properly and they are all foreign names originally.

But hey, i don't know if i'll be able to live with myself when some totall stranger feels the need to be a tough guy and call me a douche because i can speak properly and pronounce words properly...But when i collect my paycheck from the U.S. Army, i'll feel better knowing that there are well spoken people out there protecting your right to be a tough guy internet commando and bully us douches around...

Have a nice day!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't give a **** how you pronounce my name. However, if a company is say.. Japanese, and you are an American living in America, and you use that JAPANESE word pronounced correctly in an American sentence, well you would likely get made fun of by someone like me bc you will sound like a douche. But for sake of sounding proper, you will have succeeded. So congrats for that
There is only one proper way to pronounce this company name, it has nothing to do with what country you are in. A name is a name. In Japan, they still call Ford a Ford. It is what it is.

I'm an American that was born in Japan on a military base, so should I pronounce my name differently in both countries? Nope. That would be ignorant.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Berger

"Bur-gher"
Old 11-10-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Heard on CZ28.com Podcast that it is pronounced "Fik-see".. They are also sponsors over there. But I always used to pronounce it "FisK"
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I pronounce them expensive and scared of Houston streets.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Does the fact that you are American living in America have any bearing on your response?

Punch yourself please.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

What are you his cheerleader?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Thats honestly the best response you can come up with? No I am not his cheerleader. I am actually just commenting on the rather close minded and idiotic response you had left.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez you guys are going to start an argument over something so stupid and small? I was having fun reading until the last post on the first page. Everyone pronounces things differently. I pronounce roof r-uf, similar I pronounce sim-i-lar...alot of people in Oklahoma pronounce it sim-u-lar. I also pronounced Fiske fis-k. I am sure there are more things but the point is everyone pronounces things differently, no point in getting all bent out of shape and causing an uproar over something so stupidly insignificant.

Stephen
Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
I also pronounced Fiske fis-k.
Yes and when you do this around Tony aka Nineball he will know you are a "wheel moron." Thats a nice label to be thrown on you for something as trivial as pronouncing a jacked up word slightly wrong. And what if you don't give a **** how its supposed to sound and you want to pronounce it however you feel like, would you appreciate that label even then? Then there are idiot cheerleaders that encourage this behavior. Maybe they know each other considering they don't live far from each other. He chimed in to defend his buddy.

Hey everyone, I have Neat-toe drag radials on my car right now

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 11-12-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always thought Nitto was pronounced how it was spelled, NIT-TOE. Good to know the proper way!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes and when you do this around Tony aka Nineball he will know you are a "wheel moron." Thats a nice label to be thrown on you for something as trivial as pronouncing a jacked up word slightly wrong. And what if you don't give a **** how its supposed to sound and you want to pronounce it however you feel like, would you appreciate that label even then? Then there are idiot cheerleaders that encourage this behavior. Maybe they know each other considering they don't live far from each other. He chimed in to defend his buddy.

Hey everyone, I have Neat-toe drag radials on my car right now
And you would be a fine example of the poor education system in this country, should you purposely decide to pronounce words incorrectly. I realize that in different areas of the country that accents and such can change the sound of words, but that doesn't make them the PROPER pronunciation. Someone asked the PROPER way to say it, and there is only one way. People saying FISK simply cannot read, since the "S" is after the "K" in the word F-I-K-S-E. It isn't spelled FISKE. This is just like some guys "axing" you a question, when the damn S is before the K in the word A-S-K.

At the end of the day, you can say words however you wish. I was only offering the CORRECT way to pronounce a name, since it was asked. No need to cry about it and declare war against the man for axin' a question about your fisk wheels and nit-oh tires. LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Teching In

. And what if you don't give a **** how its supposed to sound and you want to pronounce it however you feel like, would you appreciate that label even then? Then there are idiot cheerleaders that encourage this behavior. Maybe they know each other considering they don't live far from each other. He chimed in to defend his buddy.
Your sticking to your idea of cheerleading huh? That's glorious bud, I hope you get far with that thought. I don't care who it was that would have responded to you earlier, I was actually talking to you. MY response was to you, I don't care who else called you a idiot.

You have this idea that because of our location that the pronunciation is now altered which is not true. A name is a name, your name will still be pronounced the world over exactly how it was ment to be. Do I go correcting people, no. Do I really care at the end of the day, nope.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

The attitudes I see here from people in this thread is truly why the USA is the most hated country in the world. I'm done here, have a good day pronouncing it however your heart's content.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Teching In

The attitudes I see here from people in this thread is truly why the USA is the most hated country in the world. I'm done here, have a good day pronouncing it however your heart's content.
Over react much?

Please remove sand from vagina.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you say Camero?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Oso SS
How do you say Camero?
Mul-let.

Quick Reply: FIKSE, How in the hell is it Pronounced?