Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

FIKSE, How in the hell is it Pronounced?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

***Sigh***
Well for my defense I always throught the company was spelled Fiske just by reading the forums. After seeing the correct spelling of the company from this thread I think I would pronounce it Fik-Si. Just saying it to myself sounds wierd cause I have always thought it was Fiske. However I will never go out to the track and answer someones question when they ask what brand rear tires I run. Just cant see myself saying "Yea bro, I run some neeto tires. They would look at me like I was an idiot. Hell even the dealership I went to pronounced them Nit-Toe.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I pronounce them expensive and scared of Houston streets.
I agree with the expensive part...
Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Class, today's less is spelling and cultural etiquette.

1) Names in Roman Alphabet
If you've got a name that is spelled in the roman alphabet, different languages will pronounce it differently. Therefore, people should take care to learn to pronounce these names properly. For example, if your name is french and "Mathis", it is reasonable for people in other roman-alphabet language countries to learn that your name is properly pronounced "MAH-tis", even though it would have been pronounced in english as "Math-iss".

2) Names not in Roman Alphabet
If you're giving your child a name that does not have a roman equivalent, you get to choose its spelling! Woot! For example, if you want a chinese name that is pronounced such as "Jin", you might want to spell it "Jin". If you decide you're too cool for that and want to spell their name differently, such as "Jayne" and then say it's pronounced "Jin" you can do that too! If you chose to spell it "Jayne", your child is going to forever fight with people to spell it that way but pronounce it a different way. That kinda sucks for them. Since this is the case for myself, I can relate.

3) Company Names not in Roman Alphabet
Awesome! You get to choose your own spelling of your company name. But remember, if you choose to spell your company name "Nitto", you have absolutely no right to complain when people pronounce it "Nitto" instead of "Neat-o".
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Berger as in the car Dealer . . is pronounced : Ber Jer

Quick Reply: FIKSE, How in the hell is it Pronounced?