Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

17x11 zr1 all around

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
~

I figured that it was the hard cornering making it look like its sticking out, but the offset does look like it sets the wheels out just a touch farther than the zr1s, just my opinion I honestly don't know the offset lol

Well hmm about OE wheels, its been about a week and I still haven't heard from either one of the guys, Lance or Scott I have talked with them before and they got right back to me. Maybe they are busy with orders from their recent sale.

I think I'm going for silver since everyone and their brother has black wheels now. But I think I may have a buddy of mine paint them dark gray or a gunmetalish color and do up some custom airbrushed center caps

Are you going to get deep dish wheels for all 4 corners?
that will be cool to paint em & customize the center cap. i feel the same way about the black wheels evrybody has em now. but i might paint em to if it bothers me in he future and i plan on customizing my center caps too. yea i plan on getting all 4 deep dish, its not as deep as i would like but it works.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 6spdchevy
that will be cool to paint em & customize the center cap. i feel the same way about the black wheels evrybody has em now. but i might paint em to if it bothers me in he future and i plan on customizing my center caps too. yea i plan on getting all 4 deep dish, its not as deep as i would like but it works.
Don't get me wrong, black wheels look great but I want to do something a bit different. I'm planning on doing an SS clone car so I thinking about having my buddy do some airbrushed SS center caps once I get the hood and spoiler, then the 69 camaro SS badges on the front fenders.

I'm trying to find out from OE if they have any of the non deep dish wheels left. I want to run the original style on the front and the deep dish on the rear. I have about $1200-$1500 to spend on other parts before I can order the wheels and I'm waiting for answers from a few companies before I can get anything else coming.

I'll be on the lookout for your pics when you get them, what tires are you planning on using?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to post the pictures of that black convertible, but was beaten to the punch. I think that looks pretty much perfect. Everything tucks in very nicely and looks basically normal.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

I was looking on google images the other day and came across a white camaro with deep dish wheels at all 4 corners and was going to put it on here but I lost the damn picture. I didn't much care for how it looked, but was going to post it up for reference haha

What offsets are you guys using for the front wheels? 50mm? I keep getting conflicting info on what offset to use on the front to keep it even with the wheel well arch
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobP
Thanks! The fender-well rubbing only occurs at full left or right lock in the paddock, so is not as issue on track or during autocross. The only trade-off is that they force me to use 2.5" instead of 3" ducting for rotor cooling.

Sticky fat rubber is a handful on the street though - I tow them to the track.

BobP
Yeah, I bet it would be a pain on the street, but backroads and high speed onramps would be fun. Will probably just stay with 275's and some sticky tires. Ecsta XS, Toyo R1R, Toyo RA1, Nitto NT-05, or Nitto NT-01.

Quick Reply: 17x11 zr1 all around