Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Less Expensive Bogart line? Thought I saw this...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 02:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Less Expensive Bogart line? Thought I saw this...

as a thread on here. I thought back in December I saw a thread about a lower priced line of Bogart wheels for the F-Body. I remember that they would be out around the end of January or so.

Do I remember right or am I smoking Crack?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your not smoking crack...I posted it in december I believe.

I worked on the prototype but hit a few snags we're trying to get ironed out. Hopefully we have the issues resolved shortly. So far, it looks like we may be looking to run them with larger widths only (not skinnies). The backspace that we are able to get on the skinny rims is not something that I feel will be appropriate for f-bodies...there is only so much we can work with on them.

Once we have them set in stone, I will post up our results for everyone. As always, LS1tech will be the first board to know our results:-)

Steve
Old 02-10-2004, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

so there will be no 3.5's?
Old 02-10-2004, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Glad to hear I don't need to hit rehab. Can you give anymore info on this? Why no skinnies?
Old 02-10-2004, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

with the current setup, the BS is an issue that needs worked out. Right now, it would be similar to how a weld is with the 5/16 spacer...I particularly don't care for the looks of how far they protrude past the fender area...I feel many guys have similar views...

in addition, clearances aren't as large as initially calculated, so we are looking at having to use thicker centers which increase costs...

when all is said and done, pricing is getting up to the P1 rims, which is counterproductive to a more economical more streetable rim. We are working on it though and hopefully have some final answers for everyone.

We feel this type of setup is more for the guys wanting them for more street use...thus the name "street/strip"...if you want skinnies for drag racing, the P1's are still the best route to go...these will be geared more towards the guys whom want a larger front rim i.e. 6-8 inch rim and a large rear rim.

steve
Old 02-10-2004, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Being 41 years old and driving modded cars all my life I must say I never liked driving 3.5 fronts on the street. Strip only, sure - but putting a 6-7" rim up front with 205 - 225 tires really helps the cars handle and steer again vs. with the pizza cutters.
I've never tried this on a 93-02 fbody , yet. I posted a thread here to get feedback on this issue. Anyway, Steve is the man and Bogart will have the first wheel that actually fits!
Worth the wait I think.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

chief,

Your wants and needs are the exact area of which we are trying to fill for you guys. I hope to have the new rims worked out shortly.

Steve