Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Buyer beware : Cruizin concepts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buyer beware : Cruizin concepts!!!

BUYER BEWARE : CRUIZIN CONCEPTS!!!

This is not a write up of whether or not you should or should not do business with them, but a write up of what happened when I tried to do business with this company.

Feb. 11, 2011-

I placed my order with Cruizin Concepts , I originally ordered Stealth black FR500 wheels with Nitto tires ( I ordered these and told them I wanted them because I run the brembo 14inch brake kit up front and these are the only wheels I like that clear those calipers). When I called and placed my order they told me they had everything- wheels and tires in stock and that the package would be shipped in 2-3 days with a tracking number emailed to me.

Feb.18, 2011-

One week later I am calling them because I have not heard from them or received an email regarding my order being shipped. They inform me that they infact DO NOT have those wheels in stock and will not have any for quite some time. Salesman asks me how do you like the Godspeed Omega wheels? I respond with they are nice but I do not want to spend more money. He rebutals with, I will let you have them for the same price but keep it under your hat and don’t share this with anyone. I told him I needed something that clears my big brakes and he assured me these would do so. So I said go ahead, he says that it will be a priority order due to the fact that I placed the order a week prior and they had already charged my card and I still had no wheels.

Feb.25, 2011-

So one week later I finally get my wheels and tires, mind you after inspecting the wheels and tires I am not happy with the quality, the inside of the wheels barely had any paint on them and just looked like something you did in 5 minutes with a paint can. I do not call and complain but wait till the next day to put them on because I was doing other work on the car. Saturday I go to bolt the wheels up and BAM…. Front wheels do not clear the Brembo calipers. At this point I am so frustrated and pissed off I wanted to explode and to make it worse its 7pm on Saturday and I can not call them till Monday.

Feb.28,2011-

I call and get my salesman on the phone and inform him of the situation, he apologizes and asks me to check the stamp on the inside of the wheels to verify the offset of the wheels. One front wheel is stamped 24mm and the other wheel is stamped 30mm, both rear wheels matched. So not only did they sale me a wheel that would not clear my brakes but shipped me stuff that did not even match! Salesman again apologizes and says if you still have the boxes, could you box them back up and place them out front for UPS to come pick them back up. I said not a problem but I am not happy with the service I have received from you guys. He goes on to tell me that they now have the original FR500s I ordered in stock and that they can have them to me before the weekend. I told him I had to have the car back up and running for the weekend in order to have the car at a shop for scheduled work to be done. I said this has been a complete circus act since the beginning and to be honest I am not happy with the quality of this “painted” look. I said the only wheels I will be happy with at this time is the black chrome fr500. He told me that with the situation I have gone through that it would not be a problem to give me the black chrome for the same price and that I would have them for the weekend. He said he would have a tracking number for me the next day.

March 2,2011-

I call them at noon to check the status of my order. My salesman tells me that he is not sure of the status but that they were working on it and that my order was a PRIORITY. He tells me he will call me later today with the tracking number. I call back at 5pm because I had not heard from them and was going into my evening class and would not be able to answer the phone. My salesman informs me that there has been a problem with their system and turns out they do not have my rear tires -305-35-18 drags in stock and probably will not have them till the next day. I am so pissed at this point I can barely even speak. I said what are you guys doing? What is going to be done to make this right? You guys have had my money for 3 weeks and I have yet to get what I ordered. He places me on hold for 30 minutes while he “checks” what he can do to assist me. Salesman comes back and now says, well Mr. Bowen after talking with my TECH we are not sure that even the FR500s will clear your brakes. I said I am not worried about your TECH I know they will clear just give me what I ordered. He said I would like you to talk to him. I said I do not have the time, I am in the middle of class, but I can call at 7pm when I have a break. He said not a problem sir, we are open till 8pm. I call back at 7:05 and both the salesman and TECH have left for the day. At this point I have never been this mad at any transaction like this in my life, there is nothing like spending 1600 on something and not getting what you paid for!

March 3,2011-

I call at 10am when they open and speak with another salesman about my situation. I explained my disgust and hostility with the situation. He tells me to hold while he talks to his supervisor. After being on hold for 30 minutes he returns with , after speaking with my supervisors we would like to just refund you your money and all parties go their separate ways. I said that is fine as long as I can have my money back immediately so I can place my order else where. He informed that it could NOT be done and that it would be 3-7 business days before I would get it back on my card. I said, So I have to wait another week to even place my order somewhere else because you guys can get your **** together? I said no, I will stay the course with you guys but I want to know when I am going to have my stuff. He said sorry Mr. Bowen my supervisors just want to close the invoice. I said, so you are refusing my business? At this point the supervisor gets on and says I am sorry for the confusion but it turns out that your wheels are also not in stock and will not be for another 30days. I said no problem what about regular chrome fr500s, she said let me check…. On hold for 15 minutes and she comes back with it will be 30 days for those wheels as well. I said well it is obvious you guys just do not want to do business with me and are forcing me to cancel my order. I said screw it give me my money back but just so you know I will make sure every board I am apart of will know what kind of business you guys are running. She rebutaled with you have to do what you have to do sir and you will be receiving a confirmation cancellation email shortly. I said THANK YOU!

I then called American Muscle and placed the same order through them and emailed them my invoice from Cruizin Concepts and explained the whole nightmare I had gone through with them. They were exceptionally nice to work with and assured me that they do not run their business the same way. They had everything in stock (black chrome fr500s and nittos) and that they could have them to me in 2 business days. Although they were 75.00 more than Cruizin Concepts, I was happy I knew I would be getting my wheels shortly.

March 7,2011-

I get home from work and my wheels are waiting for me by the garage!! SO after a month of bullshit and inspecting my new wheels, everything was great and you will never guess it…….. THEY FIT!!

THANKS AMERICAN MUSCLE!!! I know where I will take my business from now on!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

I have dealth with AM several times and always had top notch customer service and very fast shipping! Glad you git it all worked out.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy hell, that was rough. Need some pics of the wheels though!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Will get some up this weekend!! Thanks guys!!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding? I read all that and there are no pictures to ease my frustration at your situation?! LOL!

Glad it worked out. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Launching!

Glad you finally got it worked out. I'd definitely trash that business all over the internet. I've done business with AM muscle once before and was completely satisfied as well, although frustrating I'm glad it worked out.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

I'm guessing you own a mustang since you are buying fr500's. When I had my mustang, all i dealt with was American Muscle. They have good prices, good customer service, and get everything to you pretty quick. Don't go elsewhere if American Muscle has it.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats crazy you posted this yesterday - I'm looking at a pair of the 17x10.5 Bullitt wheels. Cruizin Concepts advertises the lip depth on several of their wheels but not on the bullitts so I called just to ask. The guy that answered goes "uh...um...I dunno...hold on" and puts me on hold for 12 minutes according to my phone. I hung up, googled 'Bullitt wheels' and American Muscle was the first hit

the salesman that answered, Paul, was a cool *** dude - while on the phone, he knew the exact lip depth and even asked for my cell# so he could send me a pic which I got within about 30 seconds - while on the phone, he had pulled a wheel out of a box and stretched a tape measure across the lip, took a pic, and sent it! Through conversation, he found out I was a member of a forum they sponsor (one discount) and military (another discount) and that I lived an hour from a big Mustang parts company they sell through so I could avoid paying for shipping if I just drove there to pick them up
Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

My Dad bought rims from Cruzin Concept and they took about a month and a half to ship. Also the wheels that he got were OEwheels rims.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware : Cruizin concepts!!!