Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Rear wheels stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wheels stuck

Ok so I have done the search and have tried everything that people put up. The only thing I have not tried was the putting the 5 nuts on and stoping the car and going for a quick drive. Is it safe for the rear to do that, cause the wheels are not coming off. I have also soaked them with liquid wrench. Any other ideas???
2x4- didn't work
Rubber mallet-didn't work
Kicking- didn't work
Old 03-25-2011, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

So the lugs can be removed but the wheel is stuck to the hub? PB Blaster (soaked and left for about 10 minutes), rubber mallet, releasing of anger, and some prayers helped get mine off. Maybe you're missing a step? Is it rusted on?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Yep center guide rusted firm
Old 03-25-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

rusted on wheels? thats a new one.

some PB blaster or silicone and spray that on there real good. let it soak then start hitting it with a BMFH!!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hit the wheel itself from the inside with a rubber mallet put two bolts on loose so it wont fall off once you get it off
Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

If they are as bad as you say jack the car up and set it on jackstands. Kick the tire/wheel from the inside and itll come off. If not, get one of your buddies that can actually kick.

Sometimes a rubber mallet/hammer just isnt enough force, nor is kicking/punching it from the outside.

Let us know if you get them off.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Launching!

turn away from the truck and donkey kick the sidewall of the tire this should break it free !!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

As stated above, I would only recommend using the rubber hammer behind the wheel. And uncontrolled forceful kicking may not end in favorable results. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Teching In

my favorite trick... probably not HIGHLY recommended, loosen the lugs but leave them ON, then drop the jack SLOWLY and let the car rest on said wheel... the weight of the car should break it free, just be very careful doing so. I've never had bad results, but I am sure there are a few VERY bad points to doing it this way.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

it the front of the tires front to back and back and forth hulk style and you will get them off
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil Jacques
my favorite trick... probably not HIGHLY recommended, loosen the lugs but leave them ON, then drop the jack SLOWLY and let the car rest on said wheel... the weight of the car should break it free, just be very careful doing so. I've never had bad results, but I am sure there are a few VERY bad points to doing it this way.

ANOTHER favorite trick, also NOT highly recommended, if the above doesn't work.....

Get the car FIRMLY set on jackstands, LOOSEN, but do not completely remove the lug nuts. Start car and put in gear. Let the engine idle and spin the wheels, then tap the brake pedal a few times, Wheels should break free...

BE CAREFUL, and if you screw up, don't blame me!!

(I had to do this a couple of times over the years, on my "winter bombs", as road salt and steel wheels don't mix too well)
Old 03-26-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
ANOTHER favorite trick, also NOT highly recommended, if the above doesn't work.....

Get the car FIRMLY set on jackstands, LOOSEN, but do not completely remove the lug nuts. Start car and put in gear. Let the engine idle and spin the wheels, then tap the brake pedal a few times, Wheels should break free...

BE CAREFUL, and if you screw up, don't blame me!!

(I had to do this a couple of times over the years, on my "winter bombs", as road salt and steel wheels don't mix too well)

I second this. its not that bad, you dont need to spin the tires that fast. it worked for me on 3 different cars. i just jacked up the rear on jack stands, blocked front tires (front and back). and follow steps listed above

Quick Reply: Rear wheels stuck