Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OE Wheels guys - what springs are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS. For all I know the previous owner of my car used a bat. Who knows. But when done correctly, there aren't issues.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay springs + heater hose mod + upper shock mount mod

315s, took a few hours to make sure they didn't stick out a millimeter past the fenders.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
808z28 Camaro -- you roll the fender because there's about an inch of a lip that is inside the fender. I dont know about you, but I use big boy 315s, that usually do hit the fender. But since theyre rolled, they don't cut them. I've had 7 fbodies and have gotten the fenders rolled on 4. All 4 that I've had rolled turned out great bc they were EXPERIENCED. The guy that rolled my fenders on the current car must have been a newb. Do some research on cutting fenders vs rolling fenders. From what I've read in the past, cutting fenders also weakens the quarter panel itself. Again, if you have an experienced person rolling your fenders, there will be no issues.
Once again...I, MYSELF, DIDNT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE IN ROLLING THE FENDERS and cracking the paint (like your car from the previous owner newb or not paint does crack)!! I didnt say rolling WILL crack the paint. There is a "chance" it will crack the paint. I just wanted to be safe than sorry. There is a still CHANCE you CAN crack the paint weather you are good or not. we are all human. And as for experience, If you can read, my friend has rolled thousands of fenders so experience was is of the question. he has a professional fender roller. I just decided I, MYSELF didnt want to take a chance. As for weakening the quarter panel, there still a about a quarter inch of lip left. I can hit the fender pretty hard with my hand/ lean on the fender and it doesnt dent. so structurely its sound. My car is a daily driver, track car, scca car. still the fender looks like it did out of the factory. As for research, ive already done it, I thought about it, and ive decided to cut the fenders. My car is proof that cutting the fenders wont effect the fender. it wont dent/ warp unless hit by another car, hammer, or anything else that will damage an uncut fender too. And of course, i wouldnt suggest cutting away the entire lip.
Either way, I have NO issues with the outcome of my fenders, my tires are far from the fender, so slicing the tires is out of the question, and im happy the way it came out, so my point is PROVEN!! END OF STORY!!

Quick Reply: OE Wheels guys - what springs are you running?