Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Finally, tires arrived, mounted & on ... "Weld RT-S deal is too good to pass up"

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkyn
Not to hi-jack but does anyone know what the difference is between the weldstar RT and the RT-S wheels is? Are the RTs worth the extra $200 a piece?
Originally Posted by i6overboard
Rt-s are a three peice wheel. I got them because everyone seems to have the rt and the rt-s have several designs to chose from.
Like the post said, the RT is a three-piece wheel and three-piece wheels are generally much more expensive to produce and buy.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Undertow74
i got myself a eastwood fender roller, and a BFH!
Originally Posted by djfury05
if you want to rent a fender roller PM 69TA on here
I am already "BFH" modded and "bumpstopless" for the 315's on the 17x11's. I am aware of 69TA and will probably check that out this winter.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Please post pics of them on your car when you get them. I just called to order and was going to order a set in 17's for my car. If I like the drag style 15's I may go that route. I am curious the look of the 15's in black.

Thanks.
I will post pictures of the wheels, but as far as them on the car, it will be a while before I invest in the skinnies/slicks to mount them. Track season is a long way from now. I have more mods to do to get ready!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rt-s are a three peice wheel. I got them because everyone seems to have the rt and the rt-s have several designs to chose from.
Both the Weldstar and the RT-S wheel are a three piece design. The RT Series (Weldstar, Magnum, Vitesse, Classic, Vektor, Woodward) is a bolted together three piece design. The RT-S series (S71 and S74) are a welded together three piece design. I think you're confused on the two series of wheels though, the RT series has several designs to choose from while the 15" RT-S wheel is only offered in one design currently.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Both the Weldstar and the RT-S wheel are a three piece design. The RT Series (Weldstar, Magnum, Vitesse, Classic, Vektor, Woodward) is a bolted together three piece design. The RT-S series (S71 and S74) are a welded together three piece design. I think you're confused on the two series of wheels though, the RT series has several designs to choose from while the 15" RT-S wheel is only offered in one design currently.
ahhh, thanks for the clarification. Wheels showed up early, but i dont have the rear.
heres some pics.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Looks great! Can't wait to see them on.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

ahhh, thanks for the clarification. Wheels showed up early, but i dont have the rear.
heres some pics.
Wow .... those are gorgeous wheels, but they would sure blow any budget out of the water. Damn, if only money was no object!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Wow .... those are gorgeous wheels, but they would sure blow any budget out of the water. Damn, if only money was no object!
Man i wish money was no object haha. I've been working all semester to scrounge up the money to buy those things.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Man i wish money was no object haha. I've been working all semester to scrounge up the money to buy those things.
I will admit, they sure will look good and worth all that work. Definitely post photos up when you have them mounted on the car.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Delivered today ....

Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

What tires you going with?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Brain i think i saw you this past weekend (Saturday around 9am) on 75 going north to Cartersville. I drove by and gave a thumbs up. So if it was you car looked good.

Also this Saturday we are having a trackday at SDR in Rynolds,GA. You should come out and play, over 100 cars will be out. If your interested pm me and ill give you details.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by raymond mckinney
What tires you going with?
Fronts will be a typical light weight front ... M/T ET Front or Hoosier Drag Front. Rears will be a true slick. I have found a pair of 28/10.5 ET Drags (standard wall) for $100 locally with alot of life left, but I really think I need to be running a stiff wall (heavy M6 car). I realize I could run tubes to stiffen them, but at an additional $140 for the tubes, it's not much of a bargain. Besides, I wouldn't run tubes without screwing the rims and I don't want to de-value the RTS's for a future de-mod sell. So, basically, I am looking for a 28/10.5 stiff wall slick. I figure I will go used until I find what hooks best.

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 11-16-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by atrain59
Hey Brain i think i saw you this past weekend (Saturday around 9am) on 75 going north to Cartersville. I drove by and gave a thumbs up. So if it was you car looked good.

Also this Saturday we are having a trackday at SDR in Rynolds,GA. You should come out and play, over 100 cars will be out. If your interested pm me and ill give you details.
Nope ... I was out Saturday morning, but was in the Hummer. I have not had the SS out of Bartow on the street ... it really isn't much of a street car and I don't think Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth or Cobb's finest would take kindly to it. Was the SS you saw Pewter with 9.5/11 chrome ZR1's with the "Berger"? I guess there is a twin around here.

Boy, I wish I could make the track day. Another member is shaking down his LT1 Formula at Steele, Alabama this Saturday too and invited me. Right now I just don't have it ready for track duty and I am still looking for a car hauler. It will be ready when the tracks open up next season though ... take a rain check?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheels look great fellas. i6overboard, do you know if you have to grind the calipers to get the vector (well magnum IIIs too) wheels to clear stock brakes? Or do they go right on the like the RTS's do?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Photochop
Wheels look great fellas. i6overboard, do you know if you have to grind the calipers to get the vector (well magnum IIIs too) wheels to clear stock brakes? Or do they go right on the like the RTS's do?
Im gonna be running strange rear brakes, but its says in their description that they clear stock brakes. I will test them on the ten bolt before i put them on the new rear for ya and let you know.

Briansf-ga wheels looks killer.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Im gonna be running strange rear brakes, but its says in their description that they clear stock brakes. I will test them on the ten bolt before i put them on the new rear for ya and let you know.

Briansf-ga wheels looks killer.
i6overboard ... thanks and woa, Vektor RT's and Strange rear's, daaaaamn! Are these going on the Pewter Z28 in your album?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
i6overboard ... thanks and woa, Vektor RT's and Strange rear's, daaaaamn! Are these going on the Pewter Z28 in your album?
haha, yea pewter z28. If the rear shows up tomm i'll have some pics up sometime during the weekend.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hurry up and mount them, Im waiting to pull the trigger as well. anyone with 17's?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camarodude87
Hurry up and mount them, Im waiting to pull the trigger as well. anyone with 17's?
same here x2

Quick Reply: Finally, tires arrived, mounted & on ... "Weld RT-S deal is too good to pass up"