Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need new wheels, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new wheels, suggestions?

Currently, my chrome wheels are flaking due to lack of care from the previous owner. Was wondering if I should rechrome these wheels or get a new pair? And if so, what kind you think would flow with the car?

Appreciate any helpful tips or advice. Sorry for the bad picture, only pic I have that shows the rims in good lighting.

Blake.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh god that car is awful. what kind of person owned that before? Get rid of those tail lights, those disgusting side decals, and wing. Come on.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ugly ugly ugly

get rid of the goofy spoiler, the decals and taillights...

But to answer your question I think some chrome deep dish C6 z06 wheels
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
ugly ugly ugly

get rid of the goofy spoiler, the decals and taillights...

But to answer your question I think some chrome deep dish C6 z06 wheels
I asked for advice / help on the wheels, not the rest of the car. The tailights are getting replaced because they are ruined. The decals are fading and are most likely getting replaced. If I leave the decals off it would still show the outline of where they were placed. Spoiler I thought about removing, but then the car would look worse.

But as to your comment of relevance to the actual subject. And I thought about the corvette wheels. But to put vette wheels on an fbody is stupid in my opinion, doesn't belong on a camaro. Just my 2 cents. But appreciate the relevant advice.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
oh god that car is awful. what kind of person owned that before? Get rid of those tail lights, those disgusting side decals, and wing. Come on.
Appearently someone isn't not only capable of staying relevant to a subject, but has the nerve to talk on someone elses car when their car is as plain as it gets. My "awful" car, gets more attention then yours ever will. Whether it be negative or positive. You going to insult my Corvette too? For having stock exterior panels and nothing done to the body? Lol. Let me just say this since you insulted me, if I saw your car I wouldn't even take a second glance. I would probably think it was a Chrysler Sebring. But you're allowed your opinion, if you have anything helpful other than irrelevant complaints, that would be appreciative.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be fair, you asked what would "flow with the car". To that....nothing. Obviously you're looking to make some changes. To that....start over. With only a handful of posts and being new, a pic like that is like feeding wolves. It was also mentioned in another thread to roll with the punches....

What's the wheel budget look like? Looking for OE type or aftermarket?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LPE 403
To be fair, you asked what would "flow with the car". To that....nothing. Obviously you're looking to make some changes. To that....start over. With only a handful of posts and being new, a pic like that is like feeding wolves. It was also mentioned in another thread to roll with the punches....

What's the wheel budget look like? Looking for OE type or aftermarket?
In my opinion I don't see what is so bad about the car. The wing I can agree on. But IMO, f-bodies are boring body style wise (except firebirds). The graphics are faded, I thought about getting rid of them, but then the car wouldn't even stand out. It would be another boring f-body. As said in my garage, it's how I bought it. And to "start over" would cost thousands. It would need a new paint job due to the decals being sunbaked, you will see the outline of the graphics. So I can't start over, if I do I might as well just sell the car and buy something else.

As for the wheels, these are going to be used as my winter wheels since they are in bad shape. I'm looking for aftermarket, something 18-20inch, maybe might have 1500 spending limit.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
In my opinion I don't see what is so bad about the car. The wing I can agree on. But IMO, f-bodies are boring body style wise (except firebirds). The graphics are faded, I thought about getting rid of them, but then the car wouldn't even stand out. It would be another boring f-body. As said in my garage, it's how I bought it. And to "start over" would cost thousands. It would need a new paint job due to the decals being sunbaked, you will see the outline of the graphics. So I can't start over, if I do I might as well just sell the car and buy something else.

As for the wheels, these are going to be used as my winter wheels since they are in bad shape. I'm looking for aftermarket, something 18-20inch, maybe might have 1500 spending limit.
IMO, I'd start with pulling off the tail lights, spoiler and GFX. Will take your word on the decals, but you already know those have to go. Find a local body shop/detailer to evaluate how bad it is. Youve got a great foundation in the SS. And there's NOTHING boring about a clean fbody and minimal accessorires. Look around there's a few guys on here that have some clean rides Just think less is more.....
Old 10-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LPE 403
IMO, I'd start with pulling off the tail lights, spoiler and GFX. Will take your word on the decals, but you already know those have to go. Find a local body shop/detailer to evaluate how bad it is. Youve got a great foundation in the SS. And there's NOTHING boring about a clean fbody and minimal accessorires. Look around there's a few guys on here that have some clean rides Just think less is more.....
I suppose you're right. Tailights were going reguardless because of cracked seals. But I've looked at what tailights are out on the market. I don't find many pleasing to say the least, Including the ones on the car, and stock tailights are not my type of styling, I find them bland. There are some clean rides on here. But my car is far from their standards. Would take thousands of dollars to get to be completely clean, and even then people around here will see it as a normal car. But I'll give it a shot.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Those pics of my car are from when I first got it over a year ago. It's in the build stage. so thanks for the compliment.

As to the wheels. $1500 for wheels or $1500 for wheels and tires?

What do you like, you can't expect anyone's suggestion to be helpful if we don't know what you like. Mesh? split 5s? 10 spoke? 5 spoke? something out of the ordinary?

just kidding I don't care. good luck with a **** attitude.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
Those pics of my car are from when I first got it over a year ago. It's in the build stage. so thanks for the compliment.

As to the wheels. $1500 for wheels or $1500 for wheels and tires?

What do you like, you can't expect anyone's suggestion to be helpful if we don't know what you like. Mesh? split 5s? 10 spoke? 5 spoke? something out of the ordinary?

just kidding I don't care. good luck with a **** attitude.
You can lay down the excuses. Won't change the statement kid. When you actually have had your car win car shows and have trophies to back them up, let me know. Because appearently only awful cars win awards in car shows. Might be why you probably don't have any? Car's too good I assume? My bad, should've known.

**** attitude? Good one. Coming from someone who starts **** over the internet. A little Hypocritical if you ask me.

But thanks, for somewhat now staying on the subject. At least you proved me wrong that you don't have a total personality of a middle school girl.

Take care, best of luck.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the "looks" I like but have not seen on f-bodies is the 60's can-am racer type wheel, which I believe is a multi-spoke (8-10) in flat grey/gunmetal, deep dish with polished lip, and chrome/polished 3-bar spinners.

Have fun with your build.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xny1989
One of the "looks" I like but have not seen on f-bodies is the 60's can-am racer type wheel, which I believe is a multi-spoke (8-10) in flat grey/gunmetal, deep dish with polished lip, and chrome/polished 3-bar spinners.

Have fun with your build.
You happen to know who sells those wheels? I would like to check them out. They seem interesting by your description of them.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated xny1989.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw these this morning. Haven't checked for f-body compatibility, but there are lots of options. You can get knock-offs too.

http://www.team3wheels.com/lt_iii.html
Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
You can lay down the excuses. Won't change the statement kid. When you actually have had your car win car shows and have trophies to back them up, let me know. Because appearently only awful cars win awards in car shows. Might be why you probably don't have any? Car's too good I assume? My bad, should've known.
Chill, and stop getting your panties in such a twist. Not everyone is going to like your car, and very few will like it here (which should tell you something, we are car enthusiasts, regular non-car people don't know what they are looking at).
The majority of us like a classy, subtle and clean look with lots of attention to detail, not a tacky, over done look with terrible design flow. Spoiler on top of another spoiler, really?
"Winning a trophy" as some local car show doesn't mean squat, Ive seen hideous things win plenty of things.

As far as your original question on wheels, if you have the budget I'd look into fikse wheels, FM5's specifically.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your car is not my cup of tea but I guess we're all different! One thing you have to know on this site that you will get opinions asking for it or not. Also wheel recommendation is also worthless cause its either Vette wheels/CCW/ TT II's or Fikse that everyone has or recommends! Just be original and get what you like cause in the end who cares as long as you like it!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Chill, and stop getting your panties in such a twist. Not everyone is going to like your car, and very few will like it here (which should tell you something, we are car enthusiasts, regular non-car people don't know what they are looking at).
The majority of us like a classy, subtle and clean look with lots of attention to detail, not a tacky, over done look with terrible design flow. Spoiler on top of another spoiler, really?
"Winning a trophy" as some local car show doesn't mean squat, Ive seen hideous things win plenty of things.

As far as your original question on wheels, if you have the budget I'd look into fikse wheels, FM5's specifically.

Never said everyone would like my car. It was the fact I didn't expect to get slammed on the forums. The point of the car "from previous owner", was to make it a show only car. I can't exactly change the car now. I just simply defended myself in this an previous conversations. Wouldn't you if everyone bashed you? But, I suppose I could've just blocked him rather than an internet arguement. I'll quit the argueing.

I never was a fan of the "clean" look on an f-body. But people on here do have some nice clean rides. I usually find the clean look to be best on classic cars, not more modern cars. Looks nice. Those wheels would look good with a clean f-body, sadly I'm far from that. I was going to say I wanted something to have curvier spokes, something curvy like the stripes, but the stripes are coming off. And so is the spoiler. So car probably won't have a curvy look to it, but I'm open to any wheel suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whiteheartbeat
Your car is not my cup of tea but I guess we're all different! One thing you have to know on this site that you will get opinions asking for it or not. Also wheel recommendation is also worthless cause its either Vette wheels/CCW/ TT II's or Fikse that everyone has or recommends! Just be original and get what you like cause in the end who cares as long as you like it!!!
I respect your opinion, but as you said we are all different. Couldn't say it better myself!

I agree with you about the whole site thing, learned that the hard way.

As for wheels I would've thought there would've been more of an recommended wheel variety. But I can see why the ones you listed would be recommended! I wouldn't put vette wheels on a camaro though, to me that seems kinda "wannabe vette." But still looks good none the less. And that's what matters.

Appreciate the suggestions!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Generally speaking:

Camaro: subtle, clean, simple wheels look better
Trans Am: slightly more busy wheels can be pulled off

The wheels in my car have been used on both cars but tend to be more successful in TAs.

Examples in Camaros

Quick Reply: Need new wheels, suggestions?