Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Opinions on a new wheel setup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys, I narrowed my choices a little bit. Which one you think is better?

M310's:

I like these wheels. But they're around 225-250 a piece from what I could find.. It's a little over what I wanted to spend. But if it works well might be worth it. Thoughts?

5 Spoke Wheels:

I don't remember what the wheels are called, but I found them on CARiD.com for around 205 a piece. I think they look good, but imo not as good as the M310's. What you guys think of these wheels? Better or worse than the M310's?

What size you think each wheel design would look good in? 18's, 19's?
I personally want 19's, but wouldn't mind 18's. I'm getting a staggered setup width wise. Rim height will be the same. Thanks for anyones input.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
Alright guys, I narrowed my choices a little bit. Which one you think is better?

M310's:

I like these wheels. But they're around 225-250 a piece from what I could find.. It's a little over what I wanted to spend. But if it works well might be worth it. Thoughts?

5 Spoke Wheels:

I don't remember what the wheels are called, but I found them on CARiD.com for around 205 a piece. I think they look good, but imo not as good as the M310's. What you guys think of these wheels? Better or worse than the M310's?

What size you think each wheel design would look good in? 18's, 19's?
I personally want 19's, but wouldn't mind 18's. I'm getting a staggered setup width wise. Rim height will be the same. Thanks for anyones input.
The first set looks great. The second look like those cheap wheels you see in the back of magazines for "$59/rim in sizes 15" and up". Bluntly, they looks cheap.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by justin455
The first set looks great. The second look like those cheap wheels you see in the back of magazines for "$59/rim in sizes 15" and up". Bluntly, they looks cheap.
I really do like the first set. But they cost a lot. Cheapest I could find was 225 a wheel. Some reached 300. I'm on a tight budget so I'm kinda thinking maybe just put the M310's on the back burner for now, see if people liked the second option.

The second set. I thought looked ok. They look similar to C6Z wheels imo, just with rivits. They are around 186 a piece, they have a discount on them. In fact I might not be able to get them due to,
1: Not having 19's as a option, although they do have 18's.
2: The widest they had for 18's was 7.5.. Way to narrow for me.

So I might have to take those off the list..

Now I have considered C5DD's or C6Z wheels. But from what I was told, OE wheels look cheap as well. They are perfect for my budget, but like you described the 2 option, they just look cheap. But at least they have the width I'm looking for.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I really do like the first set. But they cost a lot. Cheapest I could find was 225 a wheel. Some reached 300. I'm on a tight budget so I'm kinda thinking maybe just put the M310's on the back burner for now, see if people liked the second option.

The second set. I thought looked ok. They look similar to C6Z wheels imo, just with rivits. They are around 186 a piece, they have a discount on them. In fact I might not be able to get them due to,
1: Not having 19's as a option, although they do have 18's.
2: The widest they had for 18's was 7.5.. Way to narrow for me.

So I might have to take those off the list..

Now I have considered C5DD's or C6Z wheels. But from what I was told, OE wheels look cheap as well. They are perfect for my budget, but like you described the 2 option, they just look cheap. But at least they have the width I'm looking for.
The top wheel looks great, the 2nd wheels looks like some DUB crap...

OEWheels don't look cheap when put into context. They don't look like other high end wheels that costs thousands of dollars because they don't cost that much, they are a fraction of the price.
What makes them great is they are dirt cheap wheels with the proper offset and sizes that fit our cars and look way better than anything in their price range. If you are on a tight budget I would go with OEWheels, if you have money to spend then look at the higher end stuff like Fikse, Forgestar etc.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

M310's would look killer on a 4th gen Camaro. It looks very much like a HRE P40 monoblock wheel. The second 5 spoke wheel I dont like at all.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The top wheel looks great, the 2nd wheels looks like some DUB crap...

OEWheels don't look cheap when put into context. They don't look like other high end wheels that costs thousands of dollars because they don't cost that much, they are a fraction of the price.
What makes them great is they are dirt cheap wheels with the proper offset and sizes that fit our cars and look way better than anything in their price range. If you are on a tight budget I would go with OEWheels, if you have money to spend then look at the higher end stuff like Fikse, Forgestar etc.
Good point.

The problem I'm now running into is that I can't find any 18x9.5 C5Z06 wheels on OE wheels. There is only 17x9.5, then it jumps to 18x10.5. But, the C6Z06 wheels do come with that option. But I usually only like the c6z wheels when there are bigger rotors, helps compinsate for the thin spokes.

I did some search on the forums about what is the widest wheel that can fit. I've found mixed answers. Some say 11" will fit, some say they won't. I'm trying to aim for 10" wide wheels. 10.5 at the MAX. I'm guessing the C5 vette has completely different offset an etc.? My goal is,
Front: 18x9 or 18x9.5
Rear: 18x9.5 - 18x10.5, unless 10.5 is too wide for getting lowered without mods..

I do want to lower it maybe a 1-1.5in, but I hear I will have to roll the fenders and buy something called a "panhard bar"? To help centering?

I would like to get the m310's. I really do want them. But the money isn't there. Can't afford expensive wheels . Plus I'm completely ignorant when it comes to wheels. I started reading the Sticky page about wheels, lots of info to take in. But still don't quite understand most information. But, I think OE wheels is the best option at this point, I'll save money so I can spend it on what I might need for lowering the car. Idk what I'll need yet. Hopefully I'll find out on here.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT4vert
M310's would look killer on a 4th gen Camaro. It looks very much like a HRE P40 monoblock wheel. The second 5 spoke wheel I dont like at all.
I agree COMPLETELY, I really want those wheels.. But sadly, I don't make enough money to spend that kind of money. I have another car that I'm trying to put together, plus the bills and such that need paid... Pain in the ***.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Yeah, I can't find any C5Z06 wheels that are Front: 18x9.5 Rear: 18x10-10.5
Closest thing I could find is a staggered set F: 17x9.5 R: 18x10.5
Will 10.5 even fit without modification??
Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I can't find any C5Z06 wheels that are Front: 18x9.5 Rear: 18x10-10.5
Closest thing I could find is a staggered set F: 17x9.5 R: 18x10.5
Will 10.5 even fit without modification??
I don't think they make 18x9.5 C5 Z06 wheels, you could always google search it.
18x10.5 will fit front and rear with the right offset with little to no mods.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Launching!

I don't think they make 18x9.5 C5 Z06 wheels, you could always google search it.
18x10.5 will fit front and rear with the right offset with little to no mods.
Really? I figured there would be rubbing in the front. Do I need to fender roll if I lower it about a inch? There were some threads I read that some people had to with 10.5 wheels.

As for mods, what mods would you recommend?

As well I checked my GM sticker on my car to see what tire size came with my car. I'm shocked and pissed lol. The tires that came my car were 275/40/17's.
What pisses me off is that the previous put wheels on that have 245's.. I don't understand why you would downgrade? Maybe the front, but the rear?..
Old 04-16-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the first wheel choice as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I like the first wheel choice as well.
Same here. I really want the m310's. But their cost is a little high. I would have to wait. If it is true 10.5's will fit on all 4's fine then I might go with those because the price is great for those wheels. But as posted before/recommended, I'm most likely going to lower the car. My problem is do I have to use the BFH mod / Fender roller? I'll keep looking for m310's though, I just got to figure out the offset's and all that stuff.

Plus I'm having issues with other things on the car. Not related to wheels but the gap between the hood and front bumper is crooked. Like one side is a small gap and the other is huge. Makes my car look like it has a droopy face.. I'll be posting a thread shortly or sometime today about it. I tried to move the hood, but made things worse. Plus I have stone chips.. Just bought a repair kit for the specs, some have to be professionally done. Sorry for being off topic. These have been pissing me off.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Really? I figured there would be rubbing in the front. Do I need to fender roll if I lower it about a inch? There were some threads I read that some people had to with 10.5 wheels.
As for mods, what mods would you recommend?
It seems they will fit on the front with no mods, just make sure the offset is right:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...01-camaro.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ire-setup.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-2013-a-2.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-2001-z28.html

You will probably need an adjustable panhard bar for the rear, maybe not though.

As well I checked my GM sticker on my car to see what tire size came with my car. I'm shocked and pissed lol. The tires that came my car were 275/40/17's.
What pisses me off is that the previous put wheels on that have 245's.. I don't understand why you would downgrade? Maybe the front, but the rear?..
They clearly didn't know what they were doing...
Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here. I really want the m310's. But their cost is a little high. I would have to wait.
Then wait.

I know you want new wheels badly, but I'd rather wait for a few months (or longer) to buy the set I wanted, than save some money up front and never be truly happy with them.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Launching!

It seems they will fit on the front with no mods, just make sure the offset is right:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ire-setup.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-2013-a-2.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-2001-z28.html

You will probably need an adjustable panhard bar for the rear, maybe not though.

They clearly didn't know what they were doing...
Thanks for the links. I'll take a look.

But yeah, idk why she would put thinner wheels on. Confuses the **** out of me.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67rally
Then wait.

I know you want new wheels badly, but I'd rather wait for a few months (or longer) to buy the set I wanted, than save some money up front and never be truly happy with them.
I agree, but I think I'd be waiting for awhile and inspection is due in 2 months. That's why I'm in a hurry.

Only problem I'm seeing with getting the M310's, is the price of the tires. I can actually buy the wheels right now if I wanted to. It was until I saw the price of the tires. Lowest ones I could find for 285/40/R19 were $205 I think. Idk if 275 could fit on a 9.5 wide rim. Most tires were above $230 a piece. which are more than the wheels pretty much. I'm looking at 2k+ with just wheels and tires. I tried different measurements for the tires. Not to much of a difference. I'll have to keep researching and hope to find something cheap tire wise.

as for the C5Z06's I really like them too. I could save a ton of money if I buy them. I do favor the M310's but it might cost me too much in the long run with tires and such. If 10.5's can fit on all 4's that might be okay with me, or atleast 8.5 up front and 10.5 rear.

There's a lot the car needs. I'm getting these big rock chips fixed. bought some other stuff as well. But I think I can afford the wheels. I'll have to see in a few weeks. So long as I find cheaper tires I can get the M310's.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Quick question. Can you fit C5Z06 18x9.5 up front with the C5 offset? Like does a oem c5z06 wheels bolt up okay up front? I think the offset is like 53+ or something? Idk. But can oem's bolt up just fine?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quick question. Can you fit C5Z06 18x9.5 up front with the C5 offset? Like does a oem c5z06 wheels bolt up okay up front? I think the offset is like 53+ or something? Idk. But can oem's bolt up just fine?
I think stock C5Z06 wheels are 17x9.5 and 18x10.5.

They should fit fine. If you go too wide on the rear, you may need a spacer.

Have you checked out oewheelsllc.com? They have a bunch of replica wheels and you can't beat their pricing. A little heavier than true OEM wheels, but they might have something you like in a size you like.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67rally
I think stock C5Z06 wheels are 17x9.5 and 18x10.5.

They should fit fine. If you go too wide on the rear, you may need a spacer.

Have you checked out oewheelsllc.com? They have a bunch of replica wheels and you can't beat their pricing. A little heavier than true OEM wheels, but they might have something you like in a size you like.
Okay that's good. I did search the forums abit and learned about fender rolling and the panhard bars, I might install a panhard bar just to be safe. But I due plan on lowering it possibably in the near future once I have money for shocks/springs. Read the stock shocks don't due well when car is dropped.

And yes, I been looking at the site for quite sometime, awesome prices! The only issue I had was I either could go staggered 17x9.5 - 18x10.5, or just go with 18x10.5 on all fours. But I was told with wide tires up front could effect steering on the street? Could be wrong. But anyway, you're correct about the wheel sizes for the C5Z, but then I came across sites like this. I believe it's offset'd for the C5Z specifically. That's why I'm wondering would it rubb under my front wheel well? I'm ordering 10.5's from oewheels. Heres a pic:

Thoughts?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay that's good. I did search the forums abit and learned about fender rolling and the panhard bars, I might install a panhard bar just to be safe. But I due plan on lowering it possibably in the near future once I have money for shocks/springs. Read the stock shocks don't due well when car is dropped.

And yes, I been looking at the site for quite sometime, awesome prices! The only issue I had was I either could go staggered 17x9.5 - 18x10.5, or just go with 18x10.5 on all fours. But I was told with wide tires up front could effect steering on the street? Could be wrong. But anyway, you're correct about the wheel sizes for the C5Z, but then I came across sites like this. I believe it's offset'd for the C5Z specifically. That's why I'm wondering would it rubb under my front wheel well? I'm ordering 10.5's from oewheels. Heres a pic:

Thoughts?
I don't know if you'll run into problems with that size on the front or not. But they're on sale for $83 each right now, which is crazy cheap compared to the $244.99 listed in the picture. Do some research. If those will fit, I'd jump on it. http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Clearance...5#.U1Pbv1VdU40

Quick Reply: Opinions on a new wheel setup.