Kumho Ecsta XS
6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Help pick tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one is recommending Nitto Invos? I like mine quite a lot...
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
I would say more like wandering, with bigger bumps making at little faster. I still drive it on the Interstate with one hand without trouble. You just have to be a little more mindful of it, as it just doesn't mindlessly track straight.
Thanks for the description. Would a little toe in help with the tracking? Our roads are not the greatest here.

Originally Posted by 98ws666
They don't make them in 275/40r17 to my knowledge.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Thanks for the description. Would a little toe in help with the tracking? Our roads are not the greatest here.
Should, but I wanted the extra reponse. Roads are not always great here either. However, I drive my car maybe 2000 miles a year at most. When I take it out it is to have fun, and I wanted as much as I could get out of it, without totally shredding the tires.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 98ws666
I have Nitto Invos and they won't hold up with decently powered cars. The tread style is nice though.

I would go with the NT05.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Well its always something. When I ordered the NT05's I was told that they were on backorder and it would be around 2 weeks till they ship. Today I called summit racing to see if they have any in stock and they guy was nice enough to call Nitto while I waited.

Anyways the tires are on national backorder until October.
I don't want to buy and install new tires just before winter so it can sit on them in the garage all winter. Now to decide if I should switch to a different tire, or just wait till next spring...
Old 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Well its always something. When I ordered the NT05's I was told that they were on backorder and it would be around 2 weeks till they ship. Today I called summit racing to see if they have any in stock and they guy was nice enough to call Nitto while I waited.

Anyways the tires are on national backorder until October.
I don't want to buy and install new tires just before winter so it can sit on them in the garage all winter. Now to decide if I should switch to a different tire, or just wait till next spring...
Conti ExtremeContact DW..... LOL

Will your current tires make it until winter? If so, and if you're dead set on those NT05's, wait.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

They are pretty close to bald, but I could get by if I had to as I don't drive in the rain.

I am Strongly considering the MT Street Comp's. The price is good, reviews are good (on 5th gens, G8's, stangs), and I could be one of the test mules for the F-body crowd.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

After reading a mix of reviews on the Street Comp's, I am going to look into the Extreme Contact DW's as mentioned above.

With the DW's being a Max Performance tire, would it be safe to say that it would hook up better than a Ultra High Performance tire such as the MT Street Comp's or BFG KDW's?
Old 07-23-2014, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Well if anyone cares, I went with the DW's and am very happy with them. The KDW's they replaced in the back were 12 years old, and the coopers in the front were 9 years old.

For $670 mounted and balanced the DW's look great, are way quieter, and hook up better. Rolling on the throttle in first gear they seem to hold the power completely, shifting into second gets a little squeak out of them and thats it. For comparison the old BFG's were worthless in 1st no matter what, lost all traction shifting into second (would even get sideways rolling on the throttle in 2nd), and would squeal going into third.

I would like to thank hrcslam, 99bluz28, and firebrian for convincing me to go with them even though I was reluctant at first.

I even met the continental model at Car Craft and got a signed picture.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:38 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

The Kumho XS has a lot of stick to it. It also has a crisp sidewall for very good handling. I would recommend this tire.

I just noticed you went with the Conti DW. This is a very well balanced street tire. The have very good ride and noise comforts. Meeting the model would of sealed the deal for me to. :}
Old 07-24-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good buy! And the best part is those DW's have very good wet traction too! So now you can drive in the rain safely if you need to. Good looking sales lady you got there, LOL.

I daily my car and in Tucson, temps get below freezing enough each year to justify all season tires. My DWS's handle my 414rwhp very well, I can still do a rolling burn out at up to 20mph, but only on purpose. The DW's are better than DWS's in all conditions above freezing. I may lean to a set of those to replace my DWS's when the DWS's finally wear out. Ohh and the DW's actually last quite a long time.

Last edited by hrcslam; 07-24-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Help pick tires