Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

TSW Nurburgrings on!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I like the Nurburgring's. As far as wheel diameter, for strict performance I believe in picking the appropriate size rotor for the vehicle's purpose, then pick the smallest diameter wheel which fits around that rotor & caliper. Typically less unsprung weight and more effective gearing. But then good 17" tires are becoming more difficult to find, and 18" tires tend to cost more. Just have to pick your poison.

Measure the height of the center of the rear chassis LCA mounting bolt, and set the front about a 1/2" lower at the front LCA chassis mounting bolt for a little rake. I personally would opt for center caps which have less contrast with the wheel color, though.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
Nothing wrong with 17"s but yes lowering the car will help the overall look.

Regarding your center caps being loose. Use extreme care but you can use a heat gun sparingly along with a bowl or bucket of cold water. Heat the center caps tabs just enough to bend them slightly outward then put them in water to cool in that position.

I love the look of mine and will have no clearance issues once I mount my 2010+ Camaro SS calipers and rotors. Here's one shot of my TSW Nurburgrings in matte black 18"s.

Are those the correct offset AND 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern?
What size tires on there?

I was told these are ONLY available like that in a 9" wide MAXIMUM width by TSW themselves.
Now if one wanted to run the Vette offsets with spacers, they offer 18x10s, or maybe even 10.5 in the GM correct bolt pattern.

They also said NOT to run the BMW bolt patterns like so many do (due to stress risers, and lug stud cracking), but yes, this may be just them covering their azzes?
Old 04-29-2015, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Are those the correct offset AND 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern?
What size tires on there?

I was told these are ONLY available like that in a 9" wide MAXIMUM width by TSW themselves.
Now if one wanted to run the Vette offsets with spacers, they offer 18x10s, or maybe even 10.5 in the GM correct bolt pattern.

They also said NOT to run the BMW bolt patterns like so many do (due to stress risers, and lug stud cracking), but yes, this may be just them covering their azzes?
yes they do come in the correct 5 x 4.75" bolt patter and the offset with the 9" wheels are the same offset as the WS6 17" and SS 17" wheels so its a perfect fit, but with the wider 10.5" wheels I think they are slightly more tucked in than the 10.5" C5 Z06 wheels which people fit fine on the front but you have to do some BHM and maybe some fender rolling on the back. I didn't see TSW offer 18x10s just only 18x10.5 at least not in the correct bolt pattern. TSW say max 9" because you have to modify your wheel well to fit the wider ones.

as far as running BMW bolt patter, I know many people have done it without any issues but if your racing or running your car hard I wouldn't risk it.

Quick Reply: TSW Nurburgrings on!