Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Forgestar F14's (18x11) [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojob
i run 18x10.5 +38 285/35. Perfect clearances.

Sam will help you. Just has to be money in it for him though.

Do you run that on all 4
Old 10-27-2017, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chased
Do you run that on all 4
yes

Name:  DEsDsbp.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  466.6 KB
Attachment 718621
Old 10-27-2017, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

yes

ok not quite sure that helps being those are not forgestars, but thanks.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

it helps because he is running wheels that are pretty much the same widths as the forgestars and is showing you how the offset he is running looks. Basically you need to run an offest some what close to what he is if you want them to clear without any issues. I am running c5 deep dish replicas that are 10.5 inches wide that had a +56 offset but recently added a 20mm spacer cuz my tires were rubbing so basically i am running a +36 offset now.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hahaha. wheel spec... is wheel spec.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

hahaha. wheel spec... is wheel spec.

this is true and thanks!! But going deep concave would the backspacing be different then the ZO’s
Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is true and thanks!! But going deep concave would the backspacing be different then the ZO’s
deep concave only changes the spoke shape. has no change to the spec of the wheels.

numerous vendors sell forgestar wheels. howey industries is a forgestar dealer. easy to talk to and converse with. happy to always help
http://howeyindustries.com/wheels-an...ar-wheels.html

this is great tool to understand wheel specs and comparisons
https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Old 10-28-2017, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

deep concave only changes the spoke shape. has no change to the spec of the wheels.

numerous vendors sell forgestar wheels. howey industries is a forgestar dealer. easy to talk to and converse with. happy to always help
http://howeyindustries.com/wheels-an...ar-wheels.html

this is great tool to understand wheel specs and comparisons
https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
damn, nice thanks for the info!! I’m nearing the end of my build and wheels are next up!!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I've seen photos of wheel failures from BBS & Dymag. If you're racing them you need to regularly inspect them, it's the cost of admission.

Minimizing changes for fitment on our cars, would there be a weight difference between a normal Concave and a Deep Concave design on an otherwise identical wheel?
Old 10-29-2017, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I've seen photos of wheel failures from BBS & Dymag. If you're racing them you need to regularly inspect them, it's the cost of admission.

Minimizing changes for fitment on our cars, would there be a weight difference between a normal Concave and a Deep Concave design on an otherwise identical wheel?
doubtful... ounces, if at all
Old 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

For anyone who has the F14 18x11 ~40mm offset wheel, could I provide you a link to a caliper wheel template to verify clearance for me? PM me if you're up for it.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I ordered my F14 18x11 Gun metal wheels late last week. They are waiting for blanks to arrive and there are 31 wheels ahead of me in their queue, so I'm expecting a 2 month wait. I went with 45mm backspace so I have the option of using spacers to get the fitment exactly how I want it.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Wheel is 22lbs and tire is 30lbs for 52lbs total.
I just received my F14 18x11's today, and I've weighed them both on my bathroom scale (which unfortunately is accurate) and a digital luggage scale. Both report 24lbs and I'm quite disappointed in the weight since I intentionally purchased them because the weight was supposed to be close to the OEM Speedline 18x10.5's (21-22lbs). Why would my wheels be two pounds heavier than yours? Since I'm specifically trying to save weight wherever I can, I'm thinking about requesting these be returned for some sort of refund.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I just received my F14 18x11's today, and I've weighed them both on my bathroom scale (which unfortunately is accurate) and a digital luggage scale. Both report 24lbs and I'm quite disappointed in the weight since I intentionally purchased them because the weight was supposed to be close to the OEM Speedline 18x10.5's (21-22lbs). Why would my wheels be two pounds heavier than yours? Since I'm specifically trying to save weight wherever I can, I'm thinking about requesting these be returned for some sort of refund.
Did you both use the same make/model scale? Are the scales both calibrated the same?
Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

My bathroom scale reads 14.5 for a 15lb dumbbell and 30.5 for a 30lb dumbbell. Sam sent me email last night: "I just weighed one on my shipping scale with a 315/30-18 Rival S on it. 49 pounds 9.0 ounces, with wheel weight and rubber balled up on the inside from my last track day. BFG says their tire weight 29.6 pounds. 49 and half pounds, minus 29.6 that BFG quotes comes out to 19.9 pounds give or take."
Old 02-21-2018, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Here's photos someone else requested of the hub mounting area. They voiced some concerns about casting issues and/or whether the metal is solid.

Regarding the differences, I'm wondering if they changed the load rating or the process since Sam and M4NI4C had their wheels produced?

Old 02-21-2018, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Wrong quoted weights aside, I keep hearing concerns on the Forgestar wheels. Bent rims, lower quality, worries of breakage or actual breakage. I like the look of them, but I personally would not recommend them to a racer. CCWs are expensive, but I've got zero worries about breakage/bent. (But inspect my rims regularly too).
Old 11-15-2018, 09:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

The sale for $200 offsets of 18 and $300 off of sets of 19's is on again.
However I want to discuss talking about offsets.

I want to be clear that I don't hide the offsets from my customers in any way shape or form. For the more if you call me and tell me what offset you want that's fine too.I will also discuss offsets with you on the phone.I absolutely do not like talking about offsets by email and by private message and there are number of reasons for that. Most people do not understand offsets well enough, and as always discussions that happened by email tend to miss details. Details that are important when you are building a custom wheel that you want to fit. then there's the fact that you have a number of options in terms of offsets, ranges of offsets and people struggle quite a bit to understand why sometimes I might run a different offset on one car then another and that's a lot easier to explain in person.There are other reasons that I just don't get on here tell you guys exactly what offset to run. but let's put this to bed right now I will tell you on my car I run a plus 40 on 18x11 and additionally I use some spacer on the rear. Here's where it gets fun the offset on the UMI Camaro, that's different than mine. after discussing with a customer yesterday what tires he was going to run I submitted an order to start his set with another different offset.In closing I am a sponsor here, and I would hope that gives me some more credibility then just any random place on the internet because you see the wheels I build on cars. I would also hope that folks would actually take the time to understand what I'm doing and why. it is not my intent to say screw you just buy the wheels. It is my intent to make sure that things work properly and because of that the internet usually causes problems in communication.I would be happy to discuss all sets with people who want to call me and honestly are not just playing a game. If you want a quote let me know we'll start there. If you like the price and you want to work with me on it happy to discuss offsets with you. What I won't do is just start talking about offsets blindly for no reason, because that's how people milk the system for information.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

An update: I got a set of F14 through Sam. I am recanting my previous post, I'll run them racing, as I see many other peeps using them AX and RR. I needed to go 18s (long story). They look fine externally. 18 x 11s with 36 offset weigh 24.5 lbs on my bathroom scale, so I am very pleased they are not much heavier than my CCWs (only +1 lb!) and still lighter than my previous wheels. I checked the runout and they all seemed pretty good, 0.050 or less (mostly less).

I really like the gunmetal finish, it's medium grey with some metal flake, nice and glossy painted.
My 2 complaints on these are that the lug holes are really small, compared to my CCWs. Can't comfortably fit an impact socket without scraping the lug hole sides a lot. Maybe for race wheels I should care less? And they have plastic hub centric rings to press in, and are not machined exactly to fit. But then again, these cost less than half of what I paid for my CCWs, so cost saving has to come from somewhere.

Last edited by Chris Paveglio; 11-15-2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added image
The following users liked this post:
FRCJim (08-17-2019)
Old 11-15-2018, 11:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I have seen more OEM wheels fail than Forgestars, which I have never, ever, seen fail personally. In fact the only one I have seen at all was the famous video of a guy in an S2000 bouncing off curbs hard in CA, and he broke one that was 4 years old with a LOT of abuse.

I have a number of sets of these. One for my Camaro, one for my C7 Grand Sport, had two sets for my C6Z. You guys clearly know what I do with those cars. None of them are throw-away kind of vehicles. I have no fear of them breaking. And yes, I have other wheels too. I also sell ForgeLINE, and they are gorgeous. But they are also much more costly. But if you want those, fine I can do them. too. I can do Weld. I have some 18x9.5 and 10.5 that work on the car called FlowOne, etc.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Forgestar F14's (18x11) [PICS]