Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I have a Nitto Dr question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a Nitto Dr question.

When the weather is cold does you all's Nitto DR's throw stuff up under the fender?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

it happens to me more in the hot weather when they are more sticky. any dirt or small rocks that are on the road get thrown up into my wheelwells also. I like it though, it lets you know how sticky they are.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jammon46
it happens to me more in the hot weather when they are more sticky. any dirt or small rocks that are on the road get thrown up into my wheelwells also. I like it though, it lets you know how sticky they are.
Yeah that happens to me also but even in the winter.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, it kind of suck though. My wheels have alot of offset so all the paint directly behind the tires in the both the front and back is gone, it litteraly got sand blasted off. And I don't put many miles on my car either.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Mine has little chips in the clear coat from all the **** it throw's up.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 12-28-2004, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Lightbulb Try this

I used X-Pel clear film on my 99 WS6 when I started to experience the problems you all apeak of. I also have installed it on my 98 WS6 after I had Fuzion tires installed (they are very sticky like the Nittos and throw gravel, dirt....etc very bad). http://www.xpel.com I bought one of the bulk film rolls and trimed it to fit below the body molding between the fender wells and trimed to fit on the rear bumper behind the wheels. It worked great and you really had to look to tell where it was, plus it saved me $$$ on having to have chips repainted and blended. To install it I used water with slip agent in it and a squeegee, and a blow dryer to shrink the film into the curved and hard to fit areas. I also wrapped the film under the ground effects to have maximum protection. They also have front end packs for firebirds and trans ams to protect against chips just check out the shop and select your vehicle (they have kits for all kinds of autos/trucks).

Rob
Old 12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RobTheHog
I used X-Pel clear film on my 99 WS6 when I started to experience the problems you all apeak of. I also have installed it on my 98 WS6 after I had Fuzion tires installed (they are very sticky like the Nittos and throw gravel, dirt....etc very bad). http://www.xpel.com I bought one of the bulk film rolls and trimed it to fit below the body molding between the fender wells and trimed to fit on the rear bumper behind the wheels. It worked great and you really had to look to tell where it was, plus it saved me $$$ on having to have chips repainted and blended. To install it I used water with slip agent in it and a squeegee, and a blow dryer to shrink the film into the curved and hard to fit areas. I also wrapped the film under the ground effects to have maximum protection. They also have front end packs for firebirds and trans ams to protect against chips just check out the shop and select your vehicle (they have kits for all kinds of autos/trucks).

Rob
I thought of doing that but never got around to it.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
I thought of doing that but never got around to it.
That makes two of us. I could have even got a bunch of strips for free at my buddies shop, that's how lazy I am.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

happens to me too, it does seem worse when the tires are cold.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobTheHog

Rob

I heard that the x-pel effects the look of the paint. Like it doesn't look as deep, not as glossy, more flat, or something like that. Would you agree with that statement? Did it effect the look of the paint?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DVST8OR
I heard that the x-pel effects the look of the paint. Like it doesn't look as deep, not as glossy, more flat, or something like that. Would you agree with that statement? Did it effect the look of the paint?
No, My 99 was Dark blue metallic and you really had to get up on it to see where it was. My 98 red one is the same way. The film from x-pel is glossy. It almost looks like its clear coated. The product specs are explained here http://www.xpel.com/products/default.asp

Old 12-29-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JBIRD02
happens to me too, it does seem worse when the tires are cold.
I thought I was the only one that this happen to
Old 12-30-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
I thought I was the only one that this happen to
nope, when i leave in the morning it kicks up alot of sand and stuff, on the way home(same road), not a damn thing!! i thought it would be opposite