Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Slicks---- What size and what kind?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I'll put my money on the ET Streets demolishing the rear before the BFGs do

Good post though some deep stuff there with all the wrinkling and crinkling and springing action
Old 03-18-2005, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

LOL yeah thanks for all of the input I think that I am probably going to go with the MT and get the 255/50/16. I think that they are the best fit for the stock rims that I have and they hopefully will get me into the 11s!!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

the MT et street DRAG radial will kill it faster than both BFG. or regular et street
but up to you
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

i dont think that they make a tire for a 16" rim? (bfg) So what is the difference between the Mt et street radial and just the mt et street? I didnt know there was two different kinds?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

They do make a 16" BFG drag radial.....thats what I use
Old 03-19-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

the et street radial =========
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html
the et street==============
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html
street is a wrinkle tire radial is not
Old 03-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Default never hit the 11's

jeremy are you kidding me youll never get the 11 with just slicks buddy, sorry but when you ran that night at moroso your best time was a 12.6 after hitting a 12.9 and a 12.8 twice. dude you your hooking fine, you just need more power, and if you get slicks jeremy me and ed are definately not gonna spend a weekend pulling it and putting another rear end in after you break it. go with drag radials not as much stress as the slicks. and plus you cant rev your car over 2500 without spinning the tires anyways so you dont need em. just get some d/r it doesnt matter what size they are it matters how you drive with them, and stop doubting everyones answers there giving you, b/c there right. and you need to fix the problem with the oil in your charge pipes before you go racing again unless your just oing to blow it off, and you you need to get your car re tuned by someone else. just looking out for you. dont blow that thing up.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by STS.Killer
jeremy are you kidding me youll never get the 11 with just slicks buddy, sorry but when you ran that night at moroso your best time was a 12.6 after hitting a 12.9 and a 12.8 twice. dude you your hooking fine, you just need more power, and if you get slicks jeremy me and ed are definately not gonna spend a weekend pulling it and putting another rear end in after you break it. go with drag radials not as much stress as the slicks. and plus you cant rev your car over 2500 without spinning the tires anyways so you dont need em. just get some d/r it doesnt matter what size they are it matters how you drive with them, and stop doubting everyones answers there giving you, b/c there right. and you need to fix the problem with the oil in your charge pipes before you go racing again unless your just oing to blow it off, and you you need to get your car re tuned by someone else. just looking out for you. dont blow that thing up.
LOL. There you have it.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

Bobby (STSKILLER you can tell by the name that he has nothing else to do but whine about my car) dont you have anything better to do other than sit at home and jerk it. May if you knew what you are talking about then maybe i would listen but I am not the one with a 2000 GT Mustang that over reved and now it knocks like a futhermucker!!!! Well at least the knock went away but the car is still slow. And for the oil spot in the charge pipe what does that have to do with tires? There is not even enough oil in the pipe to wet a tissue! You just mad because my car ran a 13.7 stock and you run that with the mods you have now and the fact that I WALKED you the other night when we went out! O wait how did I win if there was oil in the charge pipe? And for the not hitting 11s I garantee you that I will make 11s with the new injectors, tune, and DRs! Yeah hooking is a 2.1 60'?
Old 03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by musicmaker1586
Bobby (STSKILLER you can tell by the name that he has nothing else to do but whine about my car) dont you have anything better to do other than sit at home and jerk it. May if you knew what you are talking about then maybe i would listen but I am not the one with a 2000 GT Mustang that over reved and now it knocks like a futhermucker!!!! Well at least the knock went away but the car is still slow. And for the oil spot in the charge pipe what does that have to do with tires? There is not even enough oil in the pipe to wet a tissue! You just mad because my car ran a 13.7 stock and you run that with the mods you have now and the fact that I WALKED you the other night when we went out! O wait how did I win if there was oil in the charge pipe? And for the not hitting 11s I garantee you that I will make 11s with the new injectors, tune, and DRs! Yeah hooking is a 2.1 60'?
Alright dude, I was just trying to make some useful suggestions, but it seems to me like you are trying to call me out here. Since you are trying to be an e-thug, let me take a stab at defending myself. Lets take it from the top... First off, I have plenty of things to do with my time and I am by no means whining about your car. I was just trying to make some points for you but you want to be a dick. I don't subscribe to this forum to troll your threads, I am a true car enthuist and I like reading some of the topics on here. Unlike you, I know alot about cars and actually work on them myself. Have you done anything on your car by YOURSELF yet? A wait, you changed your oil once. Alright moving on, yes you walked me the other night. Congradulations, you beat a basically stock GT with a boosted TA. That is like comparing your dick with a flagpole. So you spent $4000+ on a turbo kit and gained like 100 hp, seems like a good use of money to me You need to save your money for when that **** blows especially since your tranny makes all kinds of freaky noises. Plus, you say you have tiny bit of oil in your charge pipes, which is BS. The pipe that we pulled was about 6 feet away from the turbo, which only means that at the very least, that 6 feet of piping has oil in it. Unless you think that a drop of oil jumped from the turbo to just that one spot in the pipe. Turbo seals dude, have it checked out. That combined with the HORRIBLE tune you have would explain the cloud of smoke that follows you wherever you go. But like YOU just said, you don't seem to care about that because you beat a stock GT. I did not over rev my car, it has a factory rev limiter. I would try to explain that to you, but I don't think that you would be able to grasp the concept.

Well I am getting tired off this, so let me give you the cliff notes:

You are a trash talking *****. I should have stuck you the other night when you tried to act hard in front of the friends that I introduced you too. You don't know **** about cars. Anyone that has read any of your other threads already knows that. I guess consider yourself lucky your parents pay for everything for you, you are going to need it when that **** blows. If your going to be a dick, then don't expect anyone to help you out anymore. Quit the e-thug bullshit and come be a man, talk your **** in person.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

wow bobby growing some ***** I was just justifing what you said! If you dont troll my threads then how come all of you post are in my threads? Damn and for your Stock GT you talk a lot of **** that is why you think doing big mods to your car is puttin on underdrive pullies. And for fixing the car myself I have done everything on that car myself with the help of Ed not you. Just because I bring my car over my friends house so that he can helps means that I didnt do anything? And now that I switch departments you start talking ****? What kind of a ***** are you? I dont understand you bobby. Maybe because your whole life you were called harrypotter? Just for the record I paid 100% on my car and my one mod that drop a sec off my et. I dont take my car to people and try to find out what happen to your car when you took it to the track and give them $350 to change my oil (you dont even know what is wrong with your car along with the dealership and ten other places you took it). I dont know what you are getting so worked up about? You are the one that said I was never going to make 11s and I was just xplaining myself. Said and done! I am not being a dick you are the one that is makeing all of the nonsense comments? So Just calm down and take a breather and then call me if you want to
Old 03-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Teching In

damn i love getting you all worked up, its so fun i could do it for a living .you need to stop beeing so ******* nice though , i mean harry potter come on you could of done better then that. and 350$ for an oil change holy **** i sure hope they put some good oil in there dont you.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh and making fun of me b/c i dont know whats wrong with my car when all the other top mechanics and ford dealerships and steeda also dont know is pretty hypocritical(if thats how you spell it) but anyways nonetheless i have something coming for you, and im not beeing a dick, just having some fun. and dont be and start getting pissed off and offended b/c its all just fun and games right . JUST DONT EVER I MEAN EVER AGAIN SAY THE WORDS I SHOULD BEAT YOUR ******* *** TO ME JUST TO ACT HARD IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, THAT WAS SO FUCKED UP and thats the reason why im writing all this **** about you b/c for some odd reason i decided to take my anger out on you with words . so now im spiritually cleansed and have all my comments out of my system and will now end this stupid retarded chain of threads. so how about you? you done also? anything else you would like to add? good, all is said and done. tires will not get you in the 11's (sorry it slipped). call me [B]TOMORROW to talk about moroso friday!