Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nitto burnout

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTransAm02
Very frustrating how a few of you are choosing to be dicks about the situation.. The guy is possibly new, and just asking a question...

This is what the forums for, I'm sure any moderator will agree that no question is stupid, and should be flamed upon.. If your going to do that, then you shouldn't bother being a part of these forums..thanks..
I take it as light humor...

I was serious about my comment. If you can't break traction on cold tires why do you need to heat the tires to gain better traction? Therefore my suggestion is don't try to do a burnout, it isn't necessary.

And all the talk about selecting 1st or 2nd, I don't understand the logic. Your trans will be in 1st gear when you try to do this. Selecting 1st isn't any different to you car than being in drive and being in 1st. When you let off the gas it will shift.

Brian
Old 05-11-2005, 02:00 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i burn my MT DR's until tire speed hits about 80..... youll have to floor it then ease off the gas to let it change into second... keep repeating process untill you hit 80 or smoke starts rolling passed you ..... but thats what i do.... each there own.

good luck.

Tyler
Old 05-11-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im for the linelock
Old 05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Launching!

I put it in 1

Take TCS off

Power brake it, when gas is to the floor, I let off the brake, shift into 2nd, they still spin, at 6 grand i start feathering it, until im done with burnout then i just roll out of it.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FLTransAm02
Very frustrating how a few of you are choosing to be dicks about the situation.. The guy is possibly new, and just asking a question...

This is what the forums for, I'm sure any moderator will agree that no question is stupid, and should be flamed upon.. If your going to do that, then you shouldn't bother being a part of these forums..thanks..
Thanks FL,

I see the problem I was having was not stabbing the throttle, I was not hitting it hard enough to where it would start to slide around. Today I just stabbed it and it did a nice burnout, let off the brake, feathered the gas a bit, chirped and rolled out of it.

Now that Im done looking like a tard here at least I wont look like a tard in front of friends and family at the track
Old 05-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hayrab
Thanks FL,

I see the problem I was having was not stabbing the throttle, I was not hitting it hard enough to where it would start to slide around. Today I just stabbed it and it did a nice burnout, let off the brake, feathered the gas a bit, chirped and rolled out of it.

Now that Im done looking like a tard here at least I wont look like a tard in front of friends and family at the track

For 1, you shouldnt just "stab" the throttle, you should put it to the floor, that way you can stop powerbreaking. And don't practice tooo much, those nitto's arent really cheap :-P.

And also, you didnt look like a "tard" on here. These forums are designed for F-Body and LS1 enthusiasts to come and share knowledge as well as learn more about there cars.. Hell, Im 16 years old, and I look down upon "98'MidnightBlueBird'" and "tschmidt098" for acting like jerks.

We all start somewhere, while I do know a lot about our cars, theres tons I still have to learn. Nobody knows everything... Feel free to ask any questions youd like heh... And by the way..Don't use the water-box at the track.. Its for slicks and slicks only.. Even when you do a burnout the water will stay in your tread and can cause your E/T's to decline ....