Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

wheel sizing chart

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue01ta
I am wanting to send my factory rear 01/02 WS6 wheels off to be widened to 11" so I can run a 315/35/17 tire. Is it possible to do this without having to do the bfh mod or use a spacer? If so can you tell me what BS and offset I would need. I want the end result to look just like the factory set up but with a wider tire on it and I'm not sure if I have the graph figured out entirely. Any information is greatly appreciated.
I'm curious if anyone has ever come across a 17" rim diameter, C5 Z06 replica, in a 10.5 or 11" rim width? I've seen 17x9.5 & 18x10.5 but nothing else in this style of rim.

THIS RIM HERE :

I've considered the 18's but I'm not a huge fan of staggered rims (17fronts/18rears) on fbodies. I'm really itching to get this specific rim in an 17x10.5 or 17x11 so I can run larger tires on the rear. The quote I put in is of interest as well as, who does rim widening? Any recomendations?

Finally, here's the final question: Assuming nobody already makes this rim in 10.5" or 11", and I go ahead and purchase the set of 17x9.5.......... what are the standard dimensions and offsets in the original form and what would be the correct dimensions and offsets (where/how to have the rim widened) to keep it fitting in the wheel well and without protruding past the fender?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can answer all this.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

all of this is about as clear as mud. I'd like an 11" wide rear wheel and corresponding tire on a '02 tans am. I have tubular control arms that are moved inboard about a 1/4" on each side. Will the wheels fit without any hammering?

Quick Reply: wheel sizing chart