Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Why not to Daily Drive on Bogarts!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve10
Itsstock, I'm glad that this was posted. No offense taken.

I do feel a more appropriate title for the post should be “why not to use ANY drag front runner on the street”. This is certainly not a typical occurrence with our wheels. I would suggest that the user who damaged these could have done so as equally using other drag wheel manufactures front runners.

Drag wheels are susceptible to damage during lateral loading. Neither our wheels OR any weld front runner for example is designed for street use so care must be taken into consideration when loading them. Stress fractures can occur during loading and fail at any time. Aluminum inherently does not have a fatigue limit as with steel. Heat cycling can affect the material from heavy long-term braking, over-inflated tires etc… all can effect the material properties.

I think the most important factor is the customer was not injured.

I am very interested in this failure and will be following up on this one. I have never seen one of our Bogart’s fail in this particular fashion. I can’t comment on damage from just a picture.

Steve
Any thoughts on how the extra mass of a radial tire (metric radial or Sportsman Pro) would have an effect on them as opposed to a bias tire (like the ET Front or DS-2)? I don't plan on driving x-country on mine, but I think a lighter tire (and slower speeds in a straight line or in corners) will help.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

****** bunch of pussies, scared to take chances! If nothing else u can run 5 width tire up front! I dont care if u run them i dont care if u kill me in a wreck cuz of them! I dont understand wtf is wrong with the world becoming so pussified!

lurch
Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 PM

Doesn't seem like a real good idea to use them other than for the track.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 AM
9 Second Club

I had Rich Bogart build the current R/T's on my Mustang for "safe"street use(we used to be a dealer for Bogart). He used a one piece outer drum,the center is thicker than a race R/T, and they have steel inserts in the lug holes plus a small billet center cap(only weighed 10 more oz's each). Although I did drive my '95 TA forever with bolted R/T's with no problems.
heres a pic.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45092654yCecpU
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Strip or Steet use only? Ad from Bogart's:

http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/bink.htm

Quick Reply: Why not to Daily Drive on Bogarts!