Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordering some tires today, need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering some tires today, need some opinions

i am going to be ordering some new tires for my privats coming in today, they are 18x9.5 all around. but i have a few questions:
1. which tires? these will be for street use only, very little if any street racing, but need something with decent treadlife, good looks, nice handling and not breaking the bank, i have been considering these-
1. bgf g-force kdw 2
2. bfg g-force sport
3. yokohama AVS ES100
4. falken 451

2. should i get the same size all around or get 245/40/18 fronts, and 275-285/35/18 in the rears? looks like i can save about a hundred bucks going with the staggered setup, but will lose the ability to rotate the tires to prolong the life of them. this setup is obviously just for the street, so i am not concerned with all out drag racing traction, so 275's are fine with me on the rears.

so my question would be is it worth the ~$100 to go with the staggered setup? what kind of experience have you guys had with treadlife on a rotate vs. non rotate bases? seems like i have always had a bigger tire in the rear for my sports cars, so i am kinda unsure about this.

any imput is appreciated
Old 09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

gsd3's might break the bank but they are well worth it....i owuld do the kdw2 not te sport. and stay away from the avs unless you get the sport
Old 09-15-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the yokohamas if u street race or like to mess around, and dont wanna pay that much...if you like going to the track alot and since ur car is an m6 i'd go with the kdw's....i have the yokohamas at the moment and cant complain....i had the nittos before and now i miss them
Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

no track time on these tires, just weekend driving and some backroad fun on occasion. the gsd3's are out of the question, too expensive for me right now

i havent seen any imput on the g-force sport, the price is good, about $50 less per tire than the kdw, but i wasnt sure about how they handle. the traction is the same (AA), temp is the same (A) but the treadwear is longer (340) than the KDw, so i figured i'd ask and see if anyone has any experience with them
Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet car man where can i see pics og your nbm ss
Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steveo346
sweet car man where can i see pics og your nbm ss
thanks man, check the webpage in my sig for some pics
Old 09-15-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

I am also looking into the bfg gforce sports go to tirerack.com and they have reviews about them i have heard nothing but good on the reviews and some bad those are the ones id like to go with . But if i buy them off the internet then i have to pay somone to put them and shipping on so i still think that it will be the same price as buying them from les schwab ....not sure though ? Also i have ran staggered sizes on my 1994 formula and(my 2000 camao what i have now) I think its fine. Any advice on where to buy these tires cheap bfg gforce sports ?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by minesfaster
I am also looking into the bfg gforce sports go to tirerack.com and they have reviews about them i have heard nothing but good on the reviews and some bad those are the ones id like to go with . But if i buy them off the internet then i have to pay somone to put them and shipping on so i still think that it will be the same price as buying them from les schwab ....not sure though ? Also i have ran staggered sizes on my 1994 formula and(my 2000 camao what i have now) I think its fine. Any advice on where to buy these tires cheap bfg gforce sports ?
yeah i've got staggered now, and its not a problem. i just cant rotate them. the best place i found for the g-force sports was www.tirerack.com