Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Privat backorder over for me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
CRI
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Privat backorder over for me!!!!

Remeber this?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/293646-broke-my-brand-new-privat-profil-pics.html

I called Discount Tire Direct (could not get Pro Dyno to return any calls or email) and turned out they had two in stock. I snagged one up and it showed up on my porch today. I broke the original back on 3/21 almost 7 months to the day.

I am so happy that this ordeal is finally over. I guess I just have to break another on Monday.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man,I wish I had your patience.I probably would have went in debt and bought a different set of rims.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
CRI
Teching In

Originally Posted by FH212
Man,I wish I had your patience.I probably would have went in debt and bought a different set of rims.
I'm gonna print this out and use it next time I am arguing with the wife about my patience.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

so what have u been doing since then, stock wheel and 3 privats?
il have to go check there tomorrow cuz i curbed one of mine up pretty bad
Old 10-21-2005, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Well I haven't been able to get in touch with ProDyno for 2 days now either. Todd told me that he would get me a new wheel sent out as soon as they were available and I could just return the damaged one. I can't get anyone to return my calls or emails either. Sucks, because I shouldn't have to pay for a wheel that was damaged during shipping after being told to keep it until the new ones come in and it would be replaced.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

discount tire is where i found the 4th to complete my set as well

if you call the main line, they computer said they were out, but i called each warehouse and luckily some guy working there said he had seen a set back in the warehouse even though they said they were out in the inventory, sure enough, he found them and sent me 1 it only took me about amonth of looking to find one.

also, i called pro dyno a couple months ago to ask about the privat sitation, and he said they are no longer going to sell cast wheels, only custom billet and higher end stuff. so maybe thats why he never returns anyone's PM's or calls about the rims
Old 10-21-2005, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by abadss
discount tire is where i found the 4th to complete my set as well

if you call the main line, they computer said they were out, but i called each warehouse and luckily some guy working there said he had seen a set back in the warehouse even though they said they were out in the inventory, sure enough, he found them and sent me 1 it only took me about amonth of looking to find one.

also, i called pro dyno a couple months ago to ask about the privat sitation, and he said they are no longer going to sell cast wheels, only custom billet and higher end stuff. so maybe thats why he never returns anyone's PM's or calls about the rims

We'll that's awful good customer service
Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CrimeSScene
We'll that's awful good customer service
you speaking of pro dyno? if i so, i concur. i sent numerous (about a dozen) PM's and whatnot to them about the privats and NONE of them were returned, so finally i called. i think that it kinda shady of them to not publically announce they are no longer carrying these rims, so many people were waiting on them to get them from the backorder. he could atleast let the people know they can try somewhere else instead of waiting on them. not bashing, just making an observation.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You said you BROKE your privat rim ????
Any details on that ? Is it a good quality rim ?

I love how they look, but I don't want them to break.....