Prostars
64.66%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Draglites vs. Prostars

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like them both...but i think whichever ones you like the best is the ones you should go with...cause in all reality your the one thats gonna have to look at them everyday

Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If appearance is most important...I wouldn't consider welds economy wheels...they are not built for style as much as overall cost and effeciency. They meet the demand of a budget racer more concerned with receiving a drag wheel at minimal cost giving up weight benifits, appearance as well as quality contruction.

I'd consider either high-end weld wheels or preferebly our Bogart wheels...both are far superior to any economy wheel built for cost as a primary goal. Our wheels of course are built for your car, so that is a major benifit, our wheels are typically 30% lighter then many drag wheels out there...many of ours are actaully less expensive then some of the high-end weld wheels.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Its Draglites vs Prostars, a simple poll asking about a preference between the two. Econo wheel vs Econo wheel from within the same company. I think we all know about Bogarts already.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:45 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

I was supprised to find out Weld does not make the Prostar and Draglite XP wheels any more. The XP wheels were the higher grade wheels and I was planning to get them.

JA
Old 12-10-2005, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Its Draglites vs Prostars, a simple poll asking about a preference between the two. Econo wheel vs Econo wheel from within the same company. I think we all know about Bogarts already.
I am not sure of what decision there is here then to help you make your final choice of what wheel to choose? Why do you care what others think, it needs to look best to you. I commented there are so many other better choices out there...my comments had nothing to do with strictly our Bogart wheels...I included the high-end weld wheels as BOTH a MUCH better choice then either prostar or draglite.

Since I don’t know what research you have considered with wheel considerations, I gave you alternatives since it seemed that you were very interested in purchasing something that made your car look best (why else ask the poll). I didn’t think that your consideration is based on nothing but a weld Prostar or Draglite and your mind was closed to other considerations (its apparent now). If you only want to stay within a price range of up to 850.00, then you may consider even centerline wheels…they also look nice to what you are looking at. Appearance and material selection isn't the #1 priority for an economy minded wheel.

I also mentioned other alternatives since MANY folks that ask about these wheels are not sure if a weld wheel fits on an LS1/LT1…even though there is an explanation about once a week described. With this said…you or others may not know what is out there or what considerations to make. Sometimes do I pitch my wheels? Certainly! I’m not trying to blow smoke or just sell a product to make money. I’m passionate about our wheels and feel they are the best consideration out there for the LT1 and LS1 application. Our Bogart’s are very light, high-quality materials, show-quality finish, and less expensive then some of the other drag wheel applications AND built to the user’s application not taking the “one-size’ fits-most” approach. Very often in person, at the track, at a gathering, the cars with our Bogart wheels gets noticed the most…in my opinion wheels MAKE the car.

Pictures are nice, in person; products can really show their deficiencies or attributes. Take those knifes that many folks probably have seen on infomercials…don’t look too bad on the TV, but take a look at them in person, quality and material selection wasn’t the primary concern. Fake Rolex watches, looks good from a picture…in person not as good as it seemed. Take a weld Alumastar 2 and put it next to a weld Prostar, from a picture, both look good. Put them next to each other and it is apparent which one is built for quality, appearance and weight benefits…in fairness they were built for different goals in mind and different target markets.

Holding a weld Prostar with that loose internal spacer floating between two pressure-formed pieces of aluminum doesn’t give you that warm fuzzy feeling. Especially the weight of the whole wheel….now compared to an Alumastar 2, you’ll pick it up and hold it and it is completely evident how much higher quality the wheel is. Lighter, better material and better looking. Now if cost is the main concern, the of course, the Prostar will look more appealing. Going by asking which one looks better…and has additional benefits that most overlook…it’s a no-brainer.

In closing, to answer your poll, if my ONLY choice was between the two wheels you asked aobut, I'd pick the Prostar (though I wouldn't be happy since it was my only two wheels to pick from).

...I'd be mad I skimped on an economy wheel. I'd wish I did not purchase that k&N filter combo or other part that is not visable and put the money towards a better quality wheel. Especially since everytime I walked up to the car, put it next to another car in a show, drag race, or gathering and thinking I wish I had something different.

...wow that was long
Old 12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10
I am not sure of what decision there is here then to help you make your final choice of what wheel to choose? Why do you care what others think, it needs to look best to you. I commented there are so many other better choices out there...my comments had nothing to do with strictly our Bogart wheels...I included the high-end weld wheels as BOTH a MUCH better choice then either prostar or draglite.

Since I don’t know what research you have considered with wheel considerations, I gave you alternatives since it seemed that you were very interested in purchasing something that made your car look best (why else ask the poll). I didn’t think that your consideration is based on nothing but a weld Prostar or Draglite and your mind was closed to other considerations (its apparent now). If you only want to stay within a price range of up to 850.00, then you may consider even centerline wheels…they also look nice to what you are looking at. Appearance and material selection isn't the #1 priority for an economy minded wheel.

I also mentioned other alternatives since MANY folks that ask about these wheels are not sure if a weld wheel fits on an LS1/LT1…even though there is an explanation about once a week described. With this said…you or others may not know what is out there or what considerations to make. Sometimes do I pitch my wheels? Certainly! I’m not trying to blow smoke or just sell a product to make money. I’m passionate about our wheels and feel they are the best consideration out there for the LT1 and LS1 application. Our Bogart’s are very light, high-quality materials, show-quality finish, and less expensive then some of the other drag wheel applications AND built to the user’s application not taking the “one-size’ fits-most” approach. Very often in person, at the track, at a gathering, the cars with our Bogart wheels gets noticed the most…in my opinion wheels MAKE the car.

Pictures are nice, in person; products can really show their deficiencies or attributes. Take those knifes that many folks probably have seen on infomercials…don’t look too bad on the TV, but take a look at them in person, quality and material selection wasn’t the primary concern. Fake Rolex watches, looks good from a picture…in person not as good as it seemed. Take a weld Alumastar 2 and put it next to a weld Prostar, from a picture, both look good. Put them next to each other and it is apparent which one is built for quality, appearance and weight benefits…in fairness they were built for different goals in mind and different target markets.

Holding a weld Prostar with that loose internal spacer floating between two pressure-formed pieces of aluminum doesn’t give you that warm fuzzy feeling. Especially the weight of the whole wheel….now compared to an Alumastar 2, you’ll pick it up and hold it and it is completely evident how much higher quality the wheel is. Lighter, better material and better looking. Now if cost is the main concern, the of course, the Prostar will look more appealing. Going by asking which one looks better…and has additional benefits that most overlook…it’s a no-brainer.

In closing, to answer your poll, if my ONLY choice was between the two wheels you asked aobut, I'd pick the Prostar (though I wouldn't be happy since it was my only two wheels to pick from).

...I'd be mad I skimped on an economy wheel. I'd wish I did not purchase that k&N filter combo or other part that is not visable and put the money towards a better quality wheel. Especially since everytime I walked up to the car, put it next to another car in a show, drag race, or gathering and thinking I wish I had something different.

...wow that was long

I can't tell how unbelievably irritating your posts get. It's a simple poll between two wheels and obviously since you have no affinity towards either and clearly no motive other than to promote your own product, why don't you just take your bloviated sales-pitch elsewhere. It's amazing how many of these 'wheel' threads are diluted with your superfluous input.

Last edited by lsevenl; 12-10-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lsevenl
I can't tell how unbelievably irritating your posts get. It's a simple poll between two wheels and obviously since you have no affinity towards either and clearly no motive other than to promote your own product, why don't you just take your bloviated sales-pitch elsewhere. It's amazing how many of these 'wheel' threads are diluted with your superfluous input.
Your kidding, you must have not read the post very well...I described differences between and benifits between weld products and how much higher quality their high-end wheels are in comparison to the prostars, a company whom would be a competitor! I think you need to re-read it.

Here it is again..."Holding a weld Prostar with that loose internal spacer floating between two pressure-formed pieces of aluminum doesn’t give you that warm fuzzy feeling. Especially the weight of the whole wheel….now compared to an Alumastar 2, you’ll pick it up and hold it and it is completely evident how much higher quality the wheel is. Lighter, better material and better looking. Now if cost is the main concern, the of course, the Prostar will look more appealing. Going by asking which one looks better…and has additional benefits that most overlook…it’s a no-brainer."

My input is helpful to many...your right, it is a simple poll, I added my input and gave alternative suggestions to help folks make intelligent decisions based on an educated background. Many folks obviously do not read prostar/draglite posts since this is such a old topic...its only asked umpteen times a month!! Does this fit, does that fit??

Many do not read them or do searches obviously so this means it is important to discuss other options that are can be a better choice.

People inquiring asking these questions generally do not have drag wheels, they are for the most part un-informed or many times miss-informed of what is available or what works well. My contribution helps many. I do not put other wheel manufactures products down, nor do I put consumers down for purchasing them. I do want each prospective purchaser to know the benefits our products have over others so they can make a decision on their own.

Last edited by steve10; 12-10-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10
Your kidding, you must have not read the post very well...I described differences between and benifits between weld products and how much higher quality their high-end wheels are in comparison to the prostars, a company whom would be a competitor! I think you need to re-read it.

Here it is again..."Holding a weld Prostar with that loose internal spacer floating between two pressure-formed pieces of aluminum doesn’t give you that warm fuzzy feeling. Especially the weight of the whole wheel….now compared to an Alumastar 2, you’ll pick it up and hold it and it is completely evident how much higher quality the wheel is. Lighter, better material and better looking. Now if cost is the main concern, the of course, the Prostar will look more appealing. Going by asking which one looks better…and has additional benefits that most overlook…it’s a no-brainer."

My input is helpful to many...your right, it is a simple poll, I added my input and gave alternative suggestions to help folks make intelligent decisions based on an educated background. Many folks obviously do not read prostar/draglite posts since this is such a old topic...its only asked umpteen times a month!! Does this fit, does that fit??

Many do not read them or do searches obviously so this means it is important to discuss other options that are can be a better choice.

People inquiring asking these questions generally do not have drag wheels, they are for the most part un-informed or many times miss-informed of what is available or what works well. My contribution helps many. I do not put other wheel manufactures products down, nor do I put consumers down for purchasing them. I do want each prospective purchaser to know the benefits our products have over others so they can make a decision on their own.
Regardless, I think it is quite evident what your purpose in this thread is. I just find it incredibly predictable that I can open just about any thread that involves "drag wheels" and see your 8 paragraph justification for why people shouldn't settle for anything other than Bogart wheels.

Don't get me wrong. I like Bogart wheels and absolutely love the D10 series. I respect your intelligence greatly in the subject, but I just find that your overzealous personality comes across as being pushy in certain threads. That's all. No hard feelings.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lsevenl
Regardless, I think it is quite evident what your purpose in this thread is. I just find it incredibly predictable that I can open just about any thread that involves "drag wheels" and see your 8 paragraph justification for why people shouldn't settle for anything other than Bogart wheels.

Don't get me wrong. I like Bogart wheels and absolutely love the D10 series. I respect your intelligence greatly in the subject, but I just find that your overzealous personality comes across as being pushy in certain threads. That's all. No hard feelings.
My purpose really isn't to sway everyone to purchase our wheels. Our wheels are not for everyone, nor would I expect it to be. I do appreciate your candor and love constructive criticism. I don't want to seem pushy, I'd hope many do not feel that way.

Most folks whom have dealt with me know I am a very detail oriented Engineer whom takes his position seriously. You may find the post interesting and want to see a few differences commented on a particular wheel which from the outside looks very similar to our wheel, but not so much when you compare from my perspective. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...34#post3916334

I do comment on MANY drag wheel questions, you’re correct!...and can ramble on. If you notice, I do comment and attempt to help folks whom aren't using our wheels also. I won't deny that weld produces some VERY nice high-end products. It is obviously I think the weld low-ended wheels have some room for improvement BUT they do meet their goal of being a very low-economy ended wheel. I really feel some of their high-end wheels are very impressive!

I state this often, I'm very passionate about our products. I am very knowledgeable about what goes into them and what advantages and benefits we can offer. Many consumers are not wheel experts or an engineer. Many look at a wheel and think they are similar...there can be significant differences. I do like to highlight our products features and benefits so a consumer can make an educated purchase and decision on what they choose. Not to state our wheels are better then yours, but to point out why to consider our wheels over others. In this particular post you commented regarding me, I was mainly giving a comparison to the weld Alumastar 2 wheels, one of welds high-end wheels.

Right now, we are way off topic...I sincerely appologize to the original poster. Hopefully he found this post informative from everyones views.

...back to your regular scheduled program. Ok, whom likes the prostars or draglites better? Post up!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prostars for me!! I like the look on a T/A...Draglites on Camaros......and of course T/As look better than Camaros
Old 12-12-2005, 10:23 AM

I'm not even reading all of that. If someone asks which you prefer, a grilled chicken sandwich or a burger, steak isn't an acceptable answer (even if you prefer steak).

This has nothing to do with what wheels I am going to purchase nor anyone else for that matter. Nobody is buying or selling in here, just asking which style you prefer. For right now I have priorities in life much higher than wheels and will worry about that when the time comes. Some friends and I just got into a debate the other day about what looks better on F-Bodies, Draglites or Prostars, so I figured I'd make a poll on Tech to see what the general concensus is.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by cablebandit
and of course T/As look better than Camaros

Draglites and Prostars aside, I can agree with you there.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thumbs down

You guys are figgin pathetic ripping on our sponsors . .

If you don't want to hear about other brand wheels then don't post the question. This forum is not all about "you". If you can't play nice, I'll just delete drag wheel threads . .

End of story. This one is dead . .

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 12-12-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Draglites vs. Prostars