Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Custom Bogarts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Custom Bogarts?

Can Bogarts be custom made? I think I heard that they can. I'd like a set of front drag rims that will clear Baer Extreme 6 piston calipers.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand all Bogarts are custom made. Call Steve and talk to him about it. He can set up you with what you need
Old 11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every wheel is custom built to spec. and goals of customers needs. The Bear Extreme I believe offhand is too large of a caliper for any type of drag wheel. I can't build around the huge caliper overhang that they have. I think they are something like 1.25 inches overhang!!

It is a great setup for road racing applications, but terrible for drag racing.

My solution to you is if you want something for drag racing, then change back to the LS1 calipers...or better yet, go to a drag brake setup. If you want it for road racing, you're choices are limited. I'd be surprised if they even work with the stock wheels.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve10
Every wheel is custom built to spec. and goals of customers needs. The Bear Extreme I believe offhand is too large of a caliper for any type of drag wheel. I can't build around the huge caliper overhang that they have. I think they are something like 1.25 inches overhang!!

It is a great setup for road racing applications, but terrible for drag racing.

My solution to you is if you want something for drag racing, then change back to the LS1 calipers...or better yet, go to a drag brake setup. If you want it for road racing, you're choices are limited. I'd be surprised if they even work with the stock wheels.
Thanks. I thought the breaks might be too big. My car is set up to turn corners, and I want to keep it that way, but I do want to get some good 1/4 times. I guess I'll just run a drag wheel on the back and keep what I got up front.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Yup...too big. You can't have your cake and eat it to:-). The brakes help you on the turns...doesn't do anything for you at the track. Be careful using slicks and radials on the track...it's not a predictable ride...and can feel quite scary at times.

For curiosity, do the stock wheels fit over those large brakes with high caliper overhang?

Good luck:-)
Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

steve, what about the 16/17" RR versions?
I seem to remember a guy with some that were 6" wide (and so for sale on the site at one time) that he used drag racing instead of a factory wheel.
Aren't the 16/17" RR versions fairly light weight aswell? That might get him to drop some weight on the front of the car, and get a nice matched design set of wheels front and back...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
FormerVendor

Bradon,

The larger wheels help with the overall diameter of the caliper. It does not address the huge caliper overhang they have. As mentioned, I don't have the specs handy on them but I seem to remember they protrude ~1.25" past the rotor hat!

Convex centered wheels will fit easier. Our centers are flat...so there is alot of material we have to start with then mill out to clearance the overhang. The more material left over, the heavier they will be. We should be able to do it, I don't have the specs for it to verify...we probably could though.

He was looking for drag wheels...if he already has street wheels, then he may not want to purchase new street wheels to save weight. He's not setup for drag racing nor is it probably a concern to squeeze an extra 40 lbs out of the car for example. I am guessing at this point since I have not heard from him.

I still would like to know if they even clear the stock wheels?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

ah, wasnt thinking straight on which direction the caliper was going.

I was thinking to the hoop of the wheel, rather than towards the front.