Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Pics...Camaro on Prostars

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006 | 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1SpeedAddict
steve do you think eventually the website could get away from using the mouse over the pic method to view it? Every time I want to look at a car on the far right it cuts half of it off.
We set the mouse-over option as it is easier to view. Instead of having to click each picture to view it, then having to click back to go back to where you were last OR have to close a window, you just mouse over any picture you want and view it. It is a much easier way to view multiple pictures.

The web developer mentioned that some folks may have problems viewing them depending on what screen or screen resolution that they use. I believe it is set to accept standard screen res and screen sizes. I know there are no computers here that can't view the whole pictures (any any computer that I have ever viewed). We could also make the images smaller, but then some may complain about not being able to see it clearly since we need to keep the files small for those dial-up folks.

I have had on ocasion some folks mention the same as you. If you did not notice, if you move the curser to a different side of the image, the picture will re-position itself on the screen If that doesn't work, my suggestion is to adjust your screen resolution by going into start/control panel/display then click settings tab and adjust the screen slider resolution.
Old 02-17-2006 | 06:09 PM
8 Second Club

Nope changing the screen resolution doesn't help I maxed it out at 1600/1200 and it was no different. Its just the pictures on the right, when I move the cursor over them it opens the picture up and only half of it is showing. So then I have to scroll over to the right to see the rest and some times the screen will auto center itself because I moved the cursor over another pic while I was trying to view the pic on the right. Anyways its no big deal, I still ordered my bogarts regardless of having a hard time to view the pics on the right. I should have them 2 or 3 weeks from now.
Old 02-17-2006 | 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

what browser are you using? If your using firefox, what version?
Old 02-17-2006 | 07:22 PM
8 Second Club

Old 02-17-2006 | 07:25 PM
8 Second Club

wow when I use explorer it does auto center, now I think the way its set up is a great idea.
Old 02-17-2006 | 08:53 PM
FormerVendor

I brought this conversation up with our web developer, she mentioned that this was a known issue 1.0.3 and below, however there was a bug fix in 1.0.4 that remediated this issue.

Apparantly, the upgrade, re-broke this problem again. Until a patch is released for firefox, you'll need to go to the horizontal page scroll, scroll it over to the right then mouse over the image.
Old 02-17-2006 | 08:56 PM
FormerVendor

btw, i'm glad that you like it. I think that it really works out best. It has fast load times, no clicking is involved...switching between pictures are simple and you don't get lost from the original page.

Steve
Old 02-19-2006 | 12:16 AM

badass