Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Weld PRO Magnums

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Those wheels are pure sex. I was talked out of buying them since I drive on the street alot, but I'm really itching to pick a pair up.
Thanks man...

I don't plan on driving them on the street very much, if at all... I might go to and from work (1.5 miles) or to cruise in's with them, but thats about it...

The difference between these and weld's low-end wheels is CRAZY!!! I would say if you can, definatley get a set! Not to mention they would be gorgeous on your red car!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
were did ya get them that cheap..... is it time for you to shoot me another Pm??
HAHA!!! Wish I could hook you up with these too, but I found them on EBay with about 30 minutes left on the auction and held out to last minute, and dropped a bid and won them! They don't look like they have many passes on them at all...

Now I just have to get rims for them!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's up with that bad *** white car having euro tails? You can see it in the second pic. Everything else about that car is so awesome, but euro tails?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
What's up with that bad *** white car having euro tails? You can see it in the second pic. Everything else about that car is so awesome, but euro tails?

Everyone has there own thing.........
Old 03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Man been thinking of the same wheels for the same reason(to many alumna star). I'll be placing my order very soon.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone know which 15x10 wheel weighs more, then Draglites or the Prostars?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blind527
Does anyone know which 15x10 wheel weighs more, then Draglites or the Prostars?

The draglites if i remember right......
Old 04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
The draglites if i remember right......
The Draglites weigh more? Prostars it is then.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Draglites weigh more? Prostars it is then.

If weight is the main concern, if choosing our Bogarts, the rears will be ~4-5 lbs lighter then a prostar/draglite and the fronts ~1lb lighter and fitment is not an issue. An LS1 build P1 wheel won't be as light as the weld magnum pro, but is a direct fit and less expensive and more durable.

Choosing our LS1 Bogart P1 wheel over the prostar/draglite will equate to ~40-50lbs of converted static weight.

Steve
Old 04-27-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
If weight is the main concern, if choosing our Bogarts, the rears will be ~4-5 lbs lighter then a prostar/draglite and the fronts ~1lb lighter and fitment is not an issue. An LS1 build P1 wheel won't be as light as the weld magnum pro, but is a direct fit and less expensive and more durable.

Choosing our LS1 Bogart P1 wheel over the prostar/draglite will equate to ~40-50lbs of converted static weight.

Steve
I knew you were gonna respond. I like the Bogarts, but they really are too expensive for my budget. I hear Prostars holding up just fine on daily drivers, not sure about Bogarts.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:43 AM
7 Second Club

Very sweet I'm in the same boat, and if I ever swapped from my Centerlines to something else I'd need them to be able to do street duty as well, which I've heard is a big no-no on those and most Bogarts.

Derek
Old 04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew you were gonna respond. I like the Bogarts, but they really are too expensive for my budget. I hear Prostars holding up just fine on daily drivers, not sure about Bogarts.

Our wheels aren't for everyone. I commented only for the fact that it seemed you were considering weight important in your decision. Our Bogart wheels really aren't that bad price-wise...there are so many advantages to our wheels that the price difference is worth it...not to mention you are receiving a lighter wheel, direct fit wheel and MUCH higher quality show-quality wheel.

FWIW, I wouldn't advice ANY drag wheel for street duty daily driving. None have front runners that are DOT legal or safe to use on the street. All will handle rather poor in comparison to even the stock wheels. Our P1 wheels are actually very strong. We also warranty our products. Say you hit a curb...repair services are generally minimal.

From a design comparison, material selection etc...if you look at high-end weld wheels like the magnum 2's shown above in this original post or any of our P1 or P2 wheels...they are in a complete different league then an economy centerline or weld wheel.

I firmly believe that wheels make the car...putting high-end weld wheels or our wheels REALLY make the car look incredible. In person, if you put a prostar next to ours or even welds high-end wheels, you'd know exactly what I mean. At that point, for the difference in price, I believe our wheels are worth the difference. Our Bogarts, being built specifically for your car is a benifit. You don't have to jump through hoops, purchase other parts and grind like you do to make a weld wheel fit.

...I'm not stating you're making a poor choice, so please don't get me wrong. As I mentioned, our wheels aren't for everyone. I'm showing you some benifits you may be overlooking.

Good luck with your choices.

Steve
Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Our wheels aren't for everyone. I commented only for the fact that it seemed you were considering weight important in your decision. Our Bogart wheels really aren't that bad price-wise...there are so many advantages to our wheels that the price difference is worth it...not to mention you are receiving a lighter wheel, direct fit wheel and MUCH higher quality show-quality wheel.

FWIW, I wouldn't advice ANY drag wheel for street duty daily driving. None have front runners that are DOT legal or safe to use on the street. All will handle rather poor in comparison to even the stock wheels. Our P1 wheels are actually very strong. We also warranty our products. Say you hit a curb...repair services are generally minimal.

From a design comparison, material selection etc...if you look at high-end weld wheels like the magnum 2's shown above in this original post or any of our P1 or P2 wheels...they are in a complete different league then an economy centerline or weld wheel.

I firmly believe that wheels make the car...putting high-end weld wheels or our wheels REALLY make the car look incredible. In person, if you put a prostar next to ours or even welds high-end wheels, you'd know exactly what I mean. At that point, for the difference in price, I believe our wheels are worth the difference. Our Bogarts, being built specifically for your car is a benifit. You don't have to jump through hoops, purchase other parts and grind like you do to make a weld wheel fit.

...I'm not stating you're making a poor choice, so please don't get me wrong. As I mentioned, our wheels aren't for everyone. I'm showing you some benifits you may be overlooking.

Good luck with your choices.

Steve
Yeah, I know what you mean about the front runners. I've known guys that have put 10k a year on Prostars no problem. Just take it easy, and don't be stupid, that's what it's about! I really do like the Bogarts though, they look really really sharp.

Quick Reply: New Weld PRO Magnums