Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Weld PRO Magnums

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Weld PRO Magnums

Just got my new WELD Forged 1-Piece Magnums.... They are a true work of art!! I absolutly love them!
And they fit perfect with a 5/16" spacer and NO grinding... I could probably spend about 30 minutes just cleaning up the calipers and they would fit with no spacer...
And with the spacer and lugs, they weigh in at 7.5 lbs!!!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad ***...... $400 a rim??? What BS???
What you doing for rear rims??

Kyle
Old 03-07-2006, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks man...

I actually got them for $320 a rim... They were on clearance at summit, because they were an '05 model... (Just looked at summit again, they are back up to $434 ) I got a steal!!!

And they are a 1.75" b.s. with a -12.70 mm offset

For the rear I will be going with the polished Magnum 2.0 15x10 with a 7" b.s. unless I find someone around here to narrow my rear a couple of inches...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1_Bad_LS1
Thanks man...

I actually got them for $320 a rim... They were on clearance at summit, because they were an '05 model... (Just looked at summit again, they are back up to $434 ) I got a steal!!!

And they are a 1.75" b.s. with a -12.70 mm offset

For the rear I will be going with the polished Magnum 2.0 15x10 with a 7" b.s. unless I find someone around here to narrow my rear a couple of inches...

That is a steal.... i am looking at these and the Alumastars.... you see them more often though.....

Have you ever seen the rears on a car before??? the reason i ask is because ive though of ordering them also... but the .5" we need in the back spacing kinda scars me.... we really need 7.5"..... i know u know that.... im just wondering how it will fit with a 28X10.5" ET Drag...... what size tire u plan on running out back and when do you know if u are going to order them??
Id love to see it.

Kyle
Old 03-07-2006, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I am looking at these and the Alumastars.... you see them more often though.....

Kyle
That is why I went with the Magnums...

Have you ever seen the rears on a car before??? the reason i ask is because ive though of ordering them also... but the .5" we need in the back spacing kinda scars me.... we really need 7.5"..... i know u know that.... im just wondering how it will fit with a 28X10.5" ET Drag...... what size tire u plan on running out back and when do you know if u are going to order them??
Id love to see it.
These pics are of w2wss's (from LS2.com) car... He is running a Goodyear 28x10.5... he said he is minitubbed... and has a little bit of a rolled rear quarter... I don't like the way the the 7" b.s. looks from the side, but it looks better from an angle...

This is DopeFedZ's with a 15x10 magnum with 7" of b.s. and a 28x10.5 ET Drag... I know this was on a stock length rear, not sure what else he had to do to fit it... Maybe he can chime in here...

I plan on buying the back one's in about a month or so... and I will run either a 28x10.5 or a 27x10.5 ET Street

I'll let you know man...

Last edited by 1_Bad_LS1; 03-07-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

totally bad ***! good choice!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice wheels. You do get what you pay for regarding high-end components. Weld high-end wheels blow away their economy wheels...though they are built for two completely different customers...just like our wheels are.

Some state our wheels are so expensive...here's a perfect example of how ours are LESS expensive. A tip for you, be very careful if you plan on using these on the street. They may have a tendancy to stress crack easily. Problem with one piece wheels, if you damage it, you have a large expensive paperweight.

FWIW, we can build a similar drag design and come in a tad lighter (and less expensive). Once again, congratulations on your purchase, you will see the benifits of the wheel on the track as well as the looks you'll receive from others as they grin in envy. I tell folks all the time, wheels can make or break a cars appearance...you car will look incredible (and perform better) with the wheels.

Do NOT run radial VW tires on the wheels (or any runner for that matter). You should stick with an ET drag or goodyear drag like the pic, or moroso DS2 for best performance.

You've got very very nice wheels at a great price...good find!!

Steve
Old 03-07-2006, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10
Very nice wheels. You do get what you pay for regarding high-end components. Weld high-end wheels blow away their economy wheels...though they are built for two completely different customers...just like our wheels are.

Some state our wheels are so expensive...here's a perfect example of how ours are LESS expensive. A tip for you, be very careful if you plan on using these on the street. They may have a tendancy to stress crack easily. Problem with one piece wheels, if you damage it, you have a large expensive paperweight.

FWIW, we can build a similar drag design and come in a tad lighter (and less expensive). Once again, congratulations on your purchase, you will see the benifits of the wheel on the track as well as the looks you'll receive from others as they grin in envy. I tell folks all the time, wheels can make or break a cars appearance...you car will look incredible (and perform better) with the wheels.

Do NOT run radial VW tires on the wheels (or any runner for that matter). You should stick with an ET drag or goodyear drag like the pic, or moroso DS2 for best performance.

You've got very very nice wheels at a great price...good find!!

Steve
Steve,
Thanks for the compliments on the wheels... I am very happy with them... And I have to say, yes... you get what you pay for... I never would have spent the $400+ for these things but they are definatly worth it... You can see the quality that goes into them at the first glance...
I was going to run the 165R15 up front for money reasons, but then I realized I just spent almost $700 on two wheels... why go cheap on the tires...
And I don't plan on running them on the street... I may use them to go to and from local cruise ins, but other than that, I got them to reduce ET's...

If I run a DS-2 up front, what do I have to do to balance them? Or do I?

thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Yup, great choice in high-end wheels! You can balance the wheels with stick on weight only...make sure they clear the caliper. Hopefully you can appreciate quality now that you have wheels in your hand. Certainly you can see the differences (and feel them). When I read how some folks think that a centerline or prostar economy wheel compares to our high-end wheels, I wonder what they are looking at. I’m sure you’ll agree now that you have your wheels…they are NO way in comparison to a prostar or other economy drag wheel!!

These wheels as well as our wheels are not for everyone.

When I discuss how the prostars/draglites are no where near the quality of our high-end billet wheels or near the quality of welds high-end wheels, you obviously know what I'm talking about. Many times, unfortunately, others look at my comments as me putting down a weld economy prostar (i never state anyone with prostars/draglites have made bad decisions).

A weld high-end wheel as well as our billet series wheels are targeted towards a different customer. They are geared towards customers whom care about higher quality, better appearance as well as weight benefits. This does come at a price as material costs are higher as well as labor costs. BUT you do see benefits all around!

Folks wonder why our wheels are so much more expensive...they forget (or do not know) how weld manufactures similar high-ended wheels many times more expensive then ours. Both are night and day difference in every aspect when comparing to an economy wheel!

Ok, enough rambling (as some mention I do…which I agree to some extent…but I’m passionate about our wheels and products…it’s what I do for a living!!)

…Never never never (did I say never) run a radial tire like that especially on those wheels (or other runners fwiw) on an F-body setup). They will most certainly damage the wheels quicker stressing them to a much higher degree.

Those VW tires which you see guys using are not speed rated for the cars, they are not the correct diameter for our cars, they are not meant for the skinny wheels which they are stuffing on…obviously not a safe setup. This is for anyone considering them, don’t skimp on tires, and don’t be cheap. If your front tire fails or you create a wheel failure…front wheel failures can lead to catastrophic occurrences with yourself, another vehicle or your own vehicle.

In your particular case, I’d say with a high-degree of certainty, your wheels will not last if you use a radial VW tire and ran them on the street…they will be short-lived.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Steve,

Now that were comparing Apples to Apples so to speak
The back spacing on your 15X10's to fit a stock rear is what??
Thats to sit flush correct??
Now compared to the Magnum 15X10 with 7" BS..... It will stick out of the wheel well by 1/2 an inch??

This is what i like to see... comparing the two... not prostars.
Kyle
Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Second Club

Awesome wheels!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

Steve,

Now that were comparing Apples to Apples so to speak
The back spacing on your 15X10's to fit a stock rear is what??
Thats to sit flush correct??
Now compared to the Magnum 15X10 with 7" BS..... It will stick out of the wheel well by 1/2 an inch??

This is what i like to see... comparing the two... not prostars.
Kyle
After talking to Carlos... aka DopeFedZ... He said that the 15x10 Magnums in the picture up above, fit with no rubbing... So basically, I believe all you would have to do is clearance the calipers and you would be all set (I already know your opinion on this Steve... I wll eventually move to an aerospeace setup)
And judging from the pic of his car... They do not stick out too far... at least not for my likeing...

Mikecomp - Thanks man...
Old 03-08-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

After talking to Carlos... aka DopeFedZ... He said that the 15x10 Magnums in the picture up above, fit with no rubbing... So basically, I believe all you would have to do is clearance the calipers and you would be all set (I already know your opinion on this Steve... I wll eventually move to an aerospeace setup)
And judging from the pic of his car... They do not stick out too far... at least not for my likeing...

Mikecomp - Thanks man...

I talked to Derty last night and he had the 15X10's w/ a 7" bs on a stock width rearend and they fit no problems......
I also talked to Kp and he said they should be fine also... the truth is Prostars are actually narrower then Weld says so we will be fine.
I know what im going with.
Awsome Pic's man.

Kyle
Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

That's good to know... I will be ordering these as soon as my cam is done... probably the middle to end of next month...

Did you check out those 2.25" b.s. skinnies I sent you? Will those work?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's good to know... I will be ordering these as soon as my cam is done... probably the middle to end of next month...

Did you check out those 2.25" b.s. skinnies I sent you? Will those work?

Yeah those will work awsome since im not going to run a spacer......
Prob wont be able to get them at that price because i came across an awsome deal for some Aerospace brakes.......
Ill prob have to pay the full price later since i can only float one right now.... im getting married in 17 days........

If they still have them after ill prob pick them up next month.

Thanks man and be sure to shoot me a PM when ya get them mounted..... i can host them for you when ya do.

Kyle
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Anything in the 7-7.5 on a stock width will work on a 10" wheel. Not sure how those rears will fit up though with the stock calipers. I think there may be serious fitment issues regarding caliper clearance. The inner shell and centersection will probably be a bear to work around. The rears do not have the caliper profile clearance that the front design has. Maybe someone can chime in on their experience. I believe the pictures above have drag brakes....certainly fronts, I'd assume the rears also. I think you'll need one big spacer and quite a bit of grinding to fit them. This is similar to our P2 wheels which I won't recommend or sell to a stock ls1 caliper setup.

I know we've built a few LS1 P1 rear wheels for customers whom were using the stock brakes but preferred the appearance of the weld high-end front wheel.

Though I'd like to see all cars with our wheels, these high-ended wheels are a very good light-weight wheel. You certainly didn't go wrong with your purchase if your looking for a very light-weight drag race wheel. I know you'll be very happy with them. Just be very very careful if you use them on the street. Check often for stress cracks.

Since i'm not a weld representative, I've done my share of advertising for the competition:-). For prospective customers , I can build a drag setup that is lighter and less expensive). If you damage one of our wheels, we can do most repairs at minimal costs saving you the expense of having a neat looking paperweight.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I probably should have gone with the 2.25 b.s. but I didnt want to spend that much on wheels and not KNOW that they would fit... But I'm not sweating it because I'm switching over to aerospace brakes bu the end of this summer, so I can run without spacers then...
Old 03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Im just wondering how it will fit with a 28X10.5" ET Drag...... what size tire u plan on running out back and when do you know if u are going to order them??
Id love to see it.

Kyle
I was going to run the 28x10.5 ET Drag, but then I though about it, and the majority of my racing is on a 'street night' so I am going to go with a 28x11.5 Hoosier QTP, which is actually very close in size to a 28x10.5 ET Drag... Should fit in there with a little persuasion... nothing to drastic...

Just got the tires cheap ($110 for the pair) so now I have to get the 15x10's next month... I'll let you know when I get them mounted up...
Old 03-09-2006, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Those wheels are pure sex. I was talked out of buying them since I drive on the street alot, but I'm really itching to pick a pair up.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was going to run the 28x10.5 ET Drag, but then I though about it, and the majority of my racing is on a 'street night' so I am going to go with a 28x11.5 Hoosier QTP, which is actually very close in size to a 28x10.5 ET Drag... Should fit in there with a little persuasion... nothing to drastic...

Just got the tires cheap ($110 for the pair) so now I have to get the 15x10's next month... I'll let you know when I get them mounted up...

were did ya get them that cheap..... is it time for you to shoot me another Pm??

Quick Reply: New Weld PRO Magnums