Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default An alternative to HPR5's in chrome

Check these out:

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...y-Chrome.shtml

Same design just more rivets.......hmm.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish they were a bit wider in the 18's. 9.0 is just to skinny. We need steam rollers out back, not skinnies.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sills1
I wish they were a bit wider in the 18's. 9.0 is just to skinny. We need steam rollers out back, not skinnies.
Ditto.All these nice looking wheels and they cant even make a 10"! I dont get it.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Basic Economics: you can sell to the masses at cheap prices, or you can sell to the select few at high prices. Try to do it in reverse and you're out of business.

Think about all the vehicles on the market, then think about how many of those vehicles an 18X11" 120mm wheel would fit, then think about how many of those vehicle's owners would prefer this particular wheel design on their car...starting to get a perspective on demand? Understand why Iforged, HRE, CCW, etc. wheels are so expensive now?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Basic Economics: you can sell to the masses at cheap prices, or you can sell to the select few at high prices. Try to do it in reverse and you're out of business.

Think about all the vehicles on the market, then think about how many of those vehicles an 18X11" 120mm wheel would fit, then think about how many of those vehicle's owners would prefer this particular wheel design on their car...starting to get a perspective on demand? Understand why Iforged, HRE, CCW, etc. wheels are so expensive now?
I understand supply and demand. I also understand that there aren't any wheels in this price range that are worth having on an F-body. There are alot of people buying corvette knockoffs. That alone should tell them something. The cost to redesign a wheel these days is very cheap compared to years ago. Just plug the dimensions into a computer and poof, you have a wheel design. It wouldn't cost them anywhere close to the amount they would make in the first month if they would produce a 10" wide wheel.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand supply and demand. I also understand that there aren't any wheels in this price range that are worth having on an F-body. There are alot of people buying corvette knockoffs. That alone should tell them something. The cost to redesign a wheel these days is very cheap compared to years ago. Just plug the dimensions into a computer and poof, you have a wheel design. It wouldn't cost them anywhere close to the amount they would make in the first month if they would produce a 10" wide wheel.
Ditto.Thats why i said 10" and not 11".I understand the costs involved with making an 11".(as explained to me by Budnik wheels when I ordered my rims)But thats why i purchased Budniks for my Firehawk.I have the HP Evos in 18"x9" on my 98 T/A.There OK for a street driver.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Believe me, I hate the fact that the selection of "big" wheels for our cars is limited, but if you were the president of an aftermarket wheel company, how open would you be to hearing a pitch about why you should invest the time and money to develop a wheel for a niche vehicle only to turn around and sell it at knockoff wheel prices? I understand that the cost of developing a wheel has gone down in recent years but trying to justify building any one wheel based on that data alone is foolish.

Building a wheel that you could sell to owners of 10 different vehicles vs. one that you could only sell to 2 is a no brainer if you're ultimately going to charge the same for both.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are pretty sweet. Wholesale price direct from HP will be $250 per wheel for the chrome 19" HPR5. If you throw a middle man in there the price goes up more. This place only wants $266 per wheel. I may end up buying these.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
They are pretty sweet. Wholesale price direct from HP will be $250 per wheel for the chrome 19" HPR5. If you throw a middle man in there the price goes up more. This place only wants $266 per wheel. I may end up buying these.
Be careful with Lakeshore wheel and tire. Please search for a thread of mine about their service .
Old 03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
Be careful with Lakeshore wheel and tire. Please search for a thread of mine about their service .
Ohh, thanks for the heads up. Ill look around for some other vendors.