New C6 Z06's Came!! Soon to be on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006 | 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Default nice

rims i know ur ready to put them on
Old 05-05-2006 | 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking forward to the pics. Can you weigh the wheels to see what they come in at?
Old 05-05-2006 | 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Looking forward to the pics. Can you weigh the wheels to see what they come in at?
My boxes said 13 kg or 28.6lbs. That may have included the box though.
Old 05-05-2006 | 10:01 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

I like the C6's alot better.
Old 05-05-2006 | 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice wheels they look alot darker on the site. What is the back spacing on the 18X9.5? What size tires are you going to be running?
Old 05-05-2006 | 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Good taste with both sets LastYearZ28
Old 05-06-2006 | 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got the Chrome ones on the way for my 35th Anniversary LE in 18 X 9.5. Ive got some custom center cap SS decals ( chrome center, red oultine) though through the Vynyl guy, i requested that Tom from TomZwheel send me the plain center caps. I should have mine soon too and Im running BFG KDW II's 275/35/18 Front 285/30/18 Rear on DMS springs and Koni S/A shocks...now to save for the Brakes......hmmm. Tires are here..just waitin' on wheels!
Old 05-06-2006 | 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default what did these cost you??

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Not pewter but you get the idea.

i have the exact body and color on my car and those look good ive been lookin for tires and wheels for almost a month now???
Old 05-06-2006 | 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Update here guys https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...23#post4764123

grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 05-07-2006 | 03:31 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Those look good!!!!!
I bought mine from Tom, mine are chrome C6 wheels... here's a pic:

Old 05-07-2006 | 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LastYearZ28
Ok quick update....

Because my Boyd's dont have a lip on the outer part of the hoop the standard tire changer at my friends shop couldn't get a hook under the bead. The sidewall on these tires is stiff as a bitch and we bent the tire iron.

Calling around tomorrow to see who has the newer low profile bead breaker machine so i can get this done already!!!!

Sorry guys but trust me I wanted to see them on there tonight more than any of you!!!

Mike
souns to me as though the rims are reverse mount. in other words the rim has to face down when installing and uninstalling the tires. there is no special machine for breaking down low pro tires that i have ever seen. just a standard euro changer will do the trick. u seem to be getting the run around alot on this deal.
Old 05-07-2006 | 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
souns to me as though the rims are reverse mount. in other words the rim has to face down when installing and uninstalling the tires. there is no special machine for breaking down low pro tires that i have ever seen. just a standard euro changer will do the trick. u seem to be getting the run around alot on this deal.
They are reverse mount, thats what i found out when I brought it to them. I am getting the run around and im totally pissed!! Tomorrow is the big day....we'll see!!!

Thanks for your input guys!!
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Ok the owner said no problem order a new rim and bring me the slip. I am not going to fight about the tires because I bought the rim and tire package used so its unfair to blame them even if it was them.

Going to order 2 Nitto NT 555R's Extreme Performance in 285/35ZR-18 97W today with the new rim.

Here are the rears installed with the Falken 451's in 275/35/18 that will eventually go on the front when the new rim arrives and is replaced. The other 2 rims will be mounted with the new Nitto's and mounted out back.
Excuse the dirty car, I had it washed on Friday but the fuck3n birds and pollen have taken its toll already.

I like them, what do you guys think?
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

They look outstanding!

Some laquer thinner will takes the center cap emblems off if you wanted to. I took mine off right away.
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:36 AM
On The Tree

They look outstanding!

Some laquer thinner will takes the center cap emblems off if you wanted to. I took mine off right away.
Good call thank you. I will leave them on till I get them all mounted then takem them all off at the same time. The Laquer didnt hurt the finish at all...mine are painted dont forget.
Old 05-08-2006 | 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LastYearZ28
Good call thank you. I will leave them on till I get them all mounted then takem them all off at the same time. The Laquer didnt hurt the finish at all...mine are painted dont forget.
The laquer thinner did not hurt mine. Mine are chromed plastic. I used rubbing alcohol on one and it took the emblem off but took much longer. Then I tried the laquer thinner and one wipe took it off. I suggest testing on a small area though.

There are some folks on Ebay who can make custom center cap emblems for you if you want. I had some made the exact size and color I wanted. If you want the sellers information please PM me. I went with a navy blue bow tie on mine. Not a perfect match but close enough that you don't notice.

Oh and you probably already know this but you can't really get the caps off the wheels when they are on the car without damaging them. They come of easily from the back of the wheel just push those plastic tabs lightly or they will snap. Wheels are great but the caps are crap.
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Those look good!!!!!
I bought mine from Tom, mine are chrome C6 wheels... here's a pic:

Well... thanks for a pre-view. (I have almost the same car) Have been looking at these for mine. Although now, I have been thinking about the C6 Z06 wheels also. Can't make up my mind. Discisions....

Btw, do you have a Formula with T/A nose is it vica versa?
Old 05-08-2006 | 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

The laquer thinner did not hurt mine. Mine are chromed plastic. I used rubbing alcohol on one and it took the emblem off but took much longer. Then I tried the laquer thinner and one wipe took it off. I suggest testing on a small area though.

There are some folks on Ebay who can make custom center cap emblems for you if you want. I had some made the exact size and color I wanted. If you want the sellers information please PM me. I went with a navy blue bow tie on mine. Not a perfect match but close enough that you don't notice.

Oh and you probably already know this but you can't really get the caps off the wheels when they are on the car without damaging them. They come of easily from the back of the wheel just push those plastic tabs lightly or they will snap. Wheels are great but the caps are crap.
a little advice if you dont want the logos, my friend picked up some wheels for his car a while back and was cleaning some tar off of them with the mr. clean magic erasers, he rubbed lightly on the logo and that took it right off. may want to give them a shot. he just used one pad with a little water from a fresh bottled drinking water and took him maybe a minute for each wheel.
Old 05-11-2006 | 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have my logos coming from the Vinyl guy...attached is a pic of them, only mine are red outline with Chrome center. My wheels still aren't here ordered them 10 days ago and i see the eBay auctions still going for them..i'll be a little more patient, but am getting truly frustrated with sponsors who advertise items on sale that are not in stock or backordered. Seems to happen over and over again.
Attached Thumbnails New C6 Z06's Came!!  Soon to be on!-camarorim.jpg