Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

rims for grad

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No to the lambo doors. Look into the HP evos like what I have on my car. If you want more pics just pm me and I'll send them to you. Look at my sig. I got mine new for $715 shipped. Save the 3k and do something else with it.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

I also second the ccw's or fiske wheels. With that much to spend you can get you a set of those.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

Please, please don't put lambo doors on your car. They might be "baller on some other cars, but they just doesn't belong on an f-body. You can get a nice set of wheels (TT2s, ZR-1s, etc) with tires for around a $1k and use some of the rest to upgrade the brakes, it would really complement a good looking rim.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

i will pretty much kill you if you put some wheels like what you want on, lol, do some 18's no more than that and lower if you wnat it to look "baller"
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

dude, sell the TA and buy a cutlass or a regal, heck a late 80's monte carlo, sounds like it would fit your style much better. those cars would look much better "gangstafied". please don't ruin that red 96 bird.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ghost_ride_the_whip
also my cousin can put lambo doors on my car for free should i do it? anybody have a pic of a bird with wings?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by homegrown TA
dude, sell the TA and buy a cutlass or a regal, heck a late 80's monte carlo, sounds like it would fit your style much better. those cars would look much better "gangstafied". please don't ruin that red 96 bird.

exactly....what i was thinking. I've seen many of nice T/As that have been ruined by 20s and lambos and graphics that dont belong and dont fit right with our cars. But with 3-4k you could get a nice set of 18's and lower it and maybe you could get that look you want.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Launching!

bird with wings, lol thats funny. NO way to the lambo doors. spend $1300 on wheel tore combo and take the rest for a suspension, brakes, and a lid/catback.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98NBM
exactly....what i was thinking. I've seen many of nice T/As that have been ruined by 20s and lambos and graphics that dont belong and dont fit right with our cars. But with 3-4k you could get a nice set of 18's and lower it and maybe you could get that look you want.
he wont do that cause hes not into that look he want other f-body owners to laugh at him when they pass him by.but like stated before sell the car and get a car more ment for baller **** and about thew whole not wqanting to make your car fast that a stupid exuse its not about how fast the car is its about how stupid the drivers is.you could die driving stupid in a damn geo.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by satinleafct
Not to knock you or anything but most people with firebirds and camaros are into all out performance not making their cars look "baller", thats why there aren't a lot of options when it comes to 20's and lambo doors for these cars.

can we say "crack pipe"? i guess you've never looked at RK Sport catalog. They have lots of parts someone might call "baller". And any wheel manufacturer has wheels in 20's that will fit, or even larger.

Whip:
Don't be afraid to try something different. go big wheels, get something like a 19/20 combo that will look nice, next step lower 2"-3". that right there will change the whole look of your car. remember: "the shoes make the suit".

Don't listen to the majority of the people on this site, its the blind leading the blind. thats why you see 50 guys with 17x11's that stick out, and can't lower thier car, now they look like 4x4's. Some people live in an era where 17's are just too big, that man was never meant to have wheels that big. Too bad 19s come stock on a Volkswagen GTI, or a god forbid Corvette!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Banned

since when are the 17x11 guys unable to lower their cars? hahahahahaha
Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
01z
TECH Regular

i had 19s on my old ta, they were gunmetal with a polished lip. they looked pretty badass but i knew where every pothole in town was
Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JasonSS
can we say "crack pipe"? i guess you've never looked at RK Sport catalog. They have lots of parts someone might call "baller". And any wheel manufacturer has wheels in 20's that will fit, or even larger.

Whip:
Don't be afraid to try something different. go big wheels, get something like a 19/20 combo that will look nice, next step lower 2"-3". that right there will change the whole look of your car. remember: "the shoes make the suit".

Don't listen to the majority of the people on this site, its the blind leading the blind. thats why you see 50 guys with 17x11's that stick out, and can't lower thier car, now they look like 4x4's. Some people live in an era where 17's are just too big, that man was never meant to have wheels that big. Too bad 19s come stock on a Volkswagen GTI, or a god forbid Corvette!
we are not saying 20s suck we are say they dont look good on f-bodys but what do we know we are blind.but 3" drop would be way too low, lets see pics of you car with a 3 inch drop and stock wheels.and i have 17x11 and mine is lowered and know lots of people with lowered car that run 17x11.you my friend are a Mcdouch

Last edited by skatinjay27; 06-21-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldnt normally reply to a thread like this but... Can I ask why you bought the TA? Most people who want one and buy it get it for performance (as the majority of this site)...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

lambo doors and "baller" wheels?

please do not do that to a t/a
Old 06-21-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

No let's not Ghost Ride the Whip. If you want a 19 and 20 combo, please do it tastefully. Get some HRE, CCW, Boyd Coddington's, Bonspeed, or Intro wheels that look tasteful. A simple 5 spoke design would do the trick. Like mentioned above, it's not that they are 19" or 20" wheels, it's that most people who get that size wheels, get some cheap $400 a set wheels from their local tire shop. They're just looking for the bling and they end up getting a 20x7 rim with a 215/30/20 tire.

Please don't end up letting your car look like a scraper.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ghost_ride_the_whip
no, i just dont like 18's on the ta looks.... awkward, i'm into big rims to fill in the gaps and to have the "baller" look
Did you just say "Baller" If you want to go with that look and not get ridiculed, then visit http://www.citywidecamaroclub.net

20's or not, any rim & tire combo you go with will still leave a gap in your wheel well. To get rid of that gap you have to go with a different suspension setup. Invest in a set of springs & shocks and then choose a wheel/tire combo to best fit the car from that point.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

get rid of your car NOW!!! you need an import for your lambo doors and a cadillac for your baller 20's. please dont ruin american muscle with your ideas...(no offense) that car would look great if you put a nice set of 17 or 18's and lower it. trust me i had the same ideas as you did when i was your age and all i wanted was a set of big 18's on my honda and it was the biggest mistake and waste of money i ever spent. do some research on these cars and find some pics of different cars like yours and i promise you will change your mind...i love the way your car looks now. if i were you i would lean towards the performance aspect of these cars..its addicting and fun if you dont use your heavy foot all the time!! you will look more like a baller when you blow the rich kids doors off in his porche at a traffic light with your pretty little girlfriend in the passenget seat. or when you set off every car alarm in the mall parking lot just driving through. however all this is just my opinion and i cant tell you what to do but i def. wouldnt suggest it, not with 3-4 grad to spend.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
since when are the 17x11 guys unable to lower their cars? hahahahahaha
i haven't seen anyone tuck thier 17x11's on this site...

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
we are not saying 20s suck we are say they dont look good on f-bodys but what do we know we are blind.but 3" drop would be way too low, lets see pics of you car with a 3 inch drop and stock wheels.and i have 17x11 and mine is lowered and know lots of people with lowered car that run 17x11.you my friend are a Mcdouch
sorry that i can't offer pics of my car, i don't have "stock" wheels.
oh yeah, Mcdouch... WTF? are you trying to spell McDouche?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JasonSS
i haven't seen anyone tuck thier 17x11's on this site...

:
Wow. Been here long?

Quick Reply: rims for grad