Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

rims for grad

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSS
i haven't seen anyone tuck thier 17x11's on this site...

sorry that i can't offer pics of my car, i don't have "stock" wheels.
oh yeah, Mcdouch... WTF? are you trying to spell McDouche?
wow the whole letter e and lots have lowered with 17x11 just not 3" heres mine.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
Wow. Been here long?
nope super newb
Old 06-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

hahahahhaha... wow, this guy talking about 17x11's is hilarious... what a noob
Old 06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not about to talk crap or say one thing or another or be an ******* or anything, but in my honest opinion, F-Bodies are not "bling" cars. they are performance cars. here's a TA with 20's....the picture say's it all...

also, you can have 26's and you will still have wheel gap, the key is to have a nice clean simple and elegant designed wheel with a fine set of drop springs to "get rid of that wheel gap"

Old 06-21-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^ugh^^^^ case closed.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I personally would go with a nice set of I-forged or HRE wheels. If you can afford to spend 3 or 4 grand on wheels you can afford a little more to get some quality wheels instead of BLING wheels. But its your car so what ever looks good to you bro!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i will pretty much kill you if you put some wheels like what you want on, lol, do some 18's no more than that and lower if you wnat it to look "baller"

dude dont ragg on the 80s cars...
Attached Thumbnails rims for grad-picture-066.jpg   rims for grad-picture-070.jpg  
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
Wow. Been here long?
only since 2002
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JasonSS
only since 2002
with 33 posts. Congrats. You're almost there.

I had 17x11's on my Z when it was lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit...**** looked sweet too.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

I kinda feel bad for this kid. Considering Lambo doors on a TA and looking to be "rollin' on 20s"?

20s were not meant for our cars. Hell, there's only 2 or 3 kinds of wheels that look decent on our cars in 19''. For a nice look that still has big wheels, find some good 18s.

And a piece of information for you: Simply getting larger wheels is not going to help fill the gap in your wheel wells between the tire and body. This is a common misconception. As wheel size increases, tire sidewall size decreases, keeping the outside profile of the wheel/tire the same size as before and doing nothing to help fill the gap. What you need to fix that gap is to lower the car. It brings the top of the fender wells down over the wheels more and centers them, therefore taking away the gap and making the entire car look better.

If you want a "baller" look, that's fine... I guess. Just don't make the car look ghetto or like it rolled straight out of the hood. That look flat out ruins the car, period. Get some classy 18s and lower the car 1.5'' and you'll be good to go.

Oh, and good job on recognizing the power of the car and that it could kill you. Too many guys your age die as a result of not realizing the power and potential danger that any car can have, especially a fast one. You know that you don't want to be adding a ton more power to it, but admit that you have a heavy foot. You don't need more power for it to be dangerous, because it already puts down 300+ horsepower. My advice to you would be to learn to keep your foot out of the pedal a little more unless you want to wreck your precious ride. Just be careful with it and remember that you don't have to be getting on it everywhere you go.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Teching In

yo yo "g". Listen right here man. If you want baller.. buy a gti. if you want power.. buy u an fbody.

I see you already gots yer self an fbody so dont stupify it now.

(ok thats the worst impression of hood talk, and I work in a jail lol).

Seriously though. I know peoples cars are their own and you are entitled to do whatever you like to your car. As we all have done something custom or what we wanted and didnt really listen to too many people on their advice for OUR cars.

But here is some more advice. I understand you are young and that is the thing to do to cars. Jack em up, bling them hard, and put a whole bunch of stickers and lights on the car and make it a moving disco ballroom. And kudo's to some for actually busting their butts to fabricate stuff onto the car to make it "work". Now, making it "work" and making it look good is two totally different things.

20 inch rims on the fbody will force you to run a very small sidewall. I have 18's out back and 10.5 inch and I am forced to run 35 sidewall. I also lowered my car 1.75 inches and filled the gap and made it look OK.

Lamborghini doors on the fbody. Has it been done? Yes. Does it look good? In the eye of the beholder you will find beauty and ugly. Thats up to you. But we here on this site for the most part are purist's, car enthusiasts, power seeking animals who want SMALL bling but power to back it up and seperate us from the rice.

If you want ALL show and NO go.. kudo's for a young kid knowing his limits on speed and being scared to kill himself behind the wheel of a powerful car. But then like said before, get the cutlass or the regal.

Best wishes to you. I wasnt trying to be harsh on you, just trying to show you both sides of the coin.

OK?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Launching!

If you are gonna pay 3-4 grand just for wheels, then get a nice set of 3-piece wheels. Something a long these lines: http://superbuytires.com/Foose/Speedster5%203pc/

For a T/A you will wanna go with a sporty type wheel, a five star design and some rivets will set it off nicley. I would avoid the plate design, I have seen some try and pull off some bling Lexani wheels and it looked like . Get somthing thats gonna chop on em'!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

I just cant trust doing 100 mph or more on anything over 18 inchs. Not saying I drive like that, but if I never need to smash out, I wanna know my tires are gonna hold up. The bigger the rim, the quicker you will be running through tires.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Putting 20's on will only make the car sit much higher off the ground, and we all Know how that looks. The only key to filling in wheel gaps, is to drop the car, like said earlier. Another con to big rims are they are heavy and you will have to program your car to adjust to the added wheel size. Bling wheels tend to be way to thin for me. I like em' wide!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll feel every bump in the road with 20" wheels, and they are smashed up a lot easier by potholes in the road. Not to mention most of those "BLING" wheels weight a crap load, so your car will actually be slower because of the increased rolling resistance and weight.

I'd say spend about $1500 on wheels and tires and spend the other $2000 on suspension, exhaust, and brakes. I'm glad that you recognize that you don't need a faster car, but you could defintely budget the giggle gas into that extra $2000 you'd save.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

WTF? do not get anything bigger than 18" and dont get zo6 wheels!! maybe sell ur car and use 3-4 k to buy an ls1!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Launching!

How about these. I just got them. 18x9.5 for $1500. That will leave You with $1500 for mods or maybe a ram air hood. And trust me... The chicks dig em. Forget about all that Lambo door ****.
Attached Thumbnails rims for grad-trans-am-011.jpg   rims for grad-trans-am-001.jpg   rims for grad-trans-am-010.jpg  
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black1997T/A
Forget about all that Lambo door ****.

And whats up with the guy who after 4 years and 33 posts decided to tell everyone else how bad 11" wide tires look?

315s in the rear look awesome on FBodies, ask around...
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

please dont get lambos, please dont get 20's....listen, if i had 5k to spend on wheels and appearance, here is what id do.....buy some nice 17in wheels, lower it, tint, ram air hood, exhaust, lid, drilled and slotted brakes.......personally, I would respect that WAAAAY more than a TA on dubs with there lambos up, sub hittin on gangsta rap with your hat tilted to the side.....dubs and lambos are ment for lowriding trucks, not TA's
Old 06-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Launching!

the lambo doors would make it look funny, and think about it our doors are made of fiberglass after awhile those hingles will start to take a toe on the fiber glass, as far as 20 if they look good and you like them then go for it, just remember that our suspension is not ment to handle bigger and heavier wheels, upgrade your shocks and springs and it might help it out.

Quick Reply: rims for grad