Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tomzwheels Special on American Racing Torq Thrust M

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only connection between Mustangs and Torque Thurst wheels is the movie "Bullitt". After that, everyone wanted those wheels and Ford started making a replica wheel for them from the factory in their GT line since 2001 or 2002.

A damn shame how many LS1tech members know nothing about cars and their history. I would have expected something like this from ClubSi members, .
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, not trying to be an a$$ here, but I would like someone to give me my stick so we can continue to beat the dead horse a few more days.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Sorry, .
Old 09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
Polished aluminum looks better than chrome? That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Keep telling yourself that!

So why do you polish them again? Oh wait, to make them look like chrome.

I am going to have to disagree with you sir

Polished Aluminum and Chrome have a different look. Having both and spent a lot of time cleaning both, I have to say that polished offers a "deeper" reflection and reflects objects more clearly. It is weird to describe, but they are certainly different.

I don't know which finish I like better, they both look incredible, but from having both I wouldn't base my wheel decision on the available finish
Old 09-27-2006, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down Mustang Wheels On A Camaro

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
Sorry, .
Well Jewels, I hope you love them suckers cause your stuck with em for now. YOU KNOW OF COARSE THERE IS A FORD CURSE ON ANY OTHER BRAND OF VEHICLE WEARING FORD DESIGNED WHEELS. I WOULDN'T WANDER TOO FAR FROM HOME OR IT MIGHT BE A LONG WALK HOME. You and nine ball must be smoking the same brand of smokes. Any true gear-head with 10w30 in his veins will always choose polished aluminum over plastic looking chrome plate. Except maybe ricers & bling bling people.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomZwheels
. So all in all the Mustang Bullit wheel is actually a copy of the Torq Thrust design. Ford was actually sued for their design because it was so close the to Torq Thrust and lost. That is the info that I got from AR to help settle that the Torq Thrust II and the Torq Thrust M is not a Mustang wheel, but it is a vintage muscle car wheel.

TC
so is that why they still put them on the current model because they lost the law suit
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Question

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I am going to have to disagree with you sir

Polished Aluminum and Chrome have a different look. Having both and spent a lot of time cleaning both, I have to say that polished offers a "deeper" reflection and reflects objects more clearly. It is weird to describe, but they are certainly different.

I don't know which finish I like better, they both look incredible, but from having both I wouldn't base my wheel decision on the available finish
Yes, they both do have a different look, I know this having a Magnaflow Catback as well. I love my Magnaflow, the polished aluminum tips and muffler looks awesome, I just wouldn't want it on my wheels, I think chrome and a flat lip look better.

Originally Posted by ls1wfo
Well Jewels, I hope you love them suckers cause your stuck with em for now.
First off, my car said to **** yourself because you cannot spell his name right. Next, being stuck with my wheels is just awful, I yell and curse at people that compliment them all the time, I am just about sick of it, .

YOU KNOW OF COARSE THERE IS A FORD CURSE ON ANY OTHER BRAND OF VEHICLE WEARING FORD DESIGNED WHEELS. I WOULDN'T WANDER TOO FAR FROM HOME OR IT MIGHT BE A LONG WALK HOME.
That's nice, but I don't think I'll be putting any Ford designed wheels on my car. I heard of a curse as well, a curse for people that cannot spell, its called Transitional 1st Grade. Seems to be a problem here. You graduated High School at 19 didn't you? Speaking of education:

Originally Posted by TomZwheels
I dont mean to stur up any more discussion, but the Torq Thrust 105M is actually a copy of the original 105 Torq Thurst wheel, The Torq Thrust D. It was originally made in 1956 with a flat 5 spoke. Then they reintroduced it about 13 or 14 years ago as the Torq Thrust II. So all in all the Mustang Bullit wheel is actually a copy of the Torq Thrust design. Ford was actually sued for their design because it was so close the to Torq Thrust and lost. That is the info that I got from AR to help settle that the Torq Thrust II and the Torq Thrust M is not a Mustang wheel, but it is a vintage muscle car wheel.

TC
You and nine ball must be smoking the same brand of smokes. Any true gear-head with 10w30 in his veins will always choose polished aluminum over plastic looking chrome plate. Except maybe ricers & bling bling people.
Any true gearhead would choose polished aluminum over chrome huh? Well, thats funny, you see, I don't see Z06 wheels, ZR1 wheels, SS wheels, or WS6 wheels in polished aluminum. I don't remember any F-Body, Corvette, or GTO coming with polished aluminum wheels from the factory. That must make the GM Engineers not gearheads and those cars rice.

So are the thousands of members on this board not "true gearheads with 10w30 in their veins" ? So are people with chrome ZR1's, SS, WS6, and Z06 wheels ricers? Is that what you are saying?

Blake

Last edited by I <3 80057; 09-28-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

someone just got forum-owned
Old 09-28-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Tomzwheels Special on American Racing Torq Thrust M