Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Make your OWN decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of what has been said so far is very true. I also think another element is that some of these posts may be from noobs who want to make sure that some of the more hardcore LS1 enthusiasts approve their possible look. Becaus of their inexperience they dont want to get caught spending money on rims that everyone here bashes. Still no excuse no to search though.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

It is safe to say that about 95% of the wheels that look good have been placed on an f-body by now. Sure, there are that 5% that are big dollar, hard to find, etc... but for the most part every nice wheel (or wheels similar) have been seen. If a badass set of wheels looks good on a silver Trans Am, why do these guys need to see pics of them on a white Trans Am to know if the wheels are nice?

I don't mind someone posting pics of their top THREE choices, and asking opinions of which one they should go with based on budget and appearance. Those threads aren't as annoying. Its the "what is the BEST wheel for my car???" type threads, with no budget mentioned, no choices provided, and have guys just replying with various types of wheels out there. People should have a little more input on their wheels, before asking.

Wheels define THE attitude/theme of your car. Don't let others decide that for you.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is safe to say that about 95% of the wheels that look good have been placed on an f-body by now. Sure, there are that 5% that are big dollar, hard to find, etc... but for the most part every nice wheel (or wheels similar) have been seen. If a badass set of wheels looks good on a silver Trans Am, why do these guys need to see pics of them on a white Trans Am to know if the wheels are nice?

I don't mind someone posting pics of their top THREE choices, and asking opinions of which one they should go with based on budget and appearance. Those threads aren't as annoying. Its the "what is the BEST wheel for my car???" type threads, with no budget mentioned, no choices provided, and have guys just replying with various types of wheels out there. People should have a little more input on their wheels, before asking.

Wheels define THE attitude/theme of your car. Don't let others decide that for you.
its one thing to tally votes on what people think about those wheels, its another thing for people to give reasons why they like/dislike it. for examplie: crappy offset/fitment, too narrow/tall, etc...
Old 11-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Restricted User

What is reason for all the threads lately that go something like this:

What is the best wheel for my blue Camaro?

1. Everyone has their own idea of "best", there isn't one "best" choice.
2. Wheel purchases are the most important thing to do if you are personalizing your car. Pick a wheel style that appeals to YOU, not your buddies. That is what "personalizing" means, it looks good to YOU.

If your taste in styling sucks, just admit it. Quit asking which wheels look better on silver Camaros, white Trans Ams, red Z28s, purple GTOs, blah blah. I mean really, will a certain type of wheel look 10x better on a navy blue Camaro SS compared to a black Z28? Nope, chances are the wheels will look damn near identical on both. Why must you see pics of this wheel on every damn color of car in order to decide if it looks good?

I can usually look at a wheel by itself, without a tire on it, and tell if it will match a car or not. Why is this so difficult? If you like a wheel, and can afford it, then BUY it. No need to ask permission from everyone else on your decision. Buy them, put them on the car, and SHOW us.

/rant
Tony,
I agree completely with you But...

Do you think your black wheels will look right on my black C6? I know they look good on yours but what about mine?

**** I'm getting banned
Old 11-13-2006, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LMAO. We should just start replying to these types of threads with a link to this thread
Old 11-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by qwikz28
this thread is worthless without pics!
haha thats great lol

thats a great idea tony
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Well said Nine Ball. I have been thinking the same lately. I frequent this section but lately it is annoying.
BTW, your old 35th vert is here in the St Louis area. A guy my friend works with bought it last year.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Launching!

What is reason for all the threads lately that go something like this:

What is the best wheel for my blue Camaro?

1. Everyone has their own idea of "best", there isn't one "best" choice.
2. Wheel purchases are the most important thing to do if you are personalizing your car. Pick a wheel style that appeals to YOU, not your buddies. That is what "personalizing" means, it looks good to YOU.

If your taste in styling sucks, just admit it. Quit asking which wheels look better on silver Camaros, white Trans Ams, red Z28s, purple GTOs, blah blah. I mean really, will a certain type of wheel look 10x better on a navy blue Camaro SS compared to a black Z28? Nope, chances are the wheels will look damn near identical on both. Why must you see pics of this wheel on every damn color of car in order to decide if it looks good?

I can usually look at a wheel by itself, without a tire on it, and tell if it will match a car or not. Why is this so difficult? If you like a wheel, and can afford it, then BUY it. No need to ask permission from everyone else on your decision. Buy them, put them on the car, and SHOW us.

/rant

Hey Tony, which wheel would look better on my car? Silver 10 spokes, chrome 10 spokes, or ZR1's. I can't make up my mind?!?!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by JGKadell
BTW, your old 35th vert is here in the St Louis area. A guy my friend works with bought it last year.
Yes, he flew down here and drove it home. He opted for the stock wheels when he bought it. Glad to hear it is still around!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

LMAO. We should just start replying to these types of threads with a link to this thread
Saving this thread for that exact reason
Old 11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

He opted for the stock wheels when he bought it.
What was he thinking??? I loved it with the EVO's on it. The only person I asked if the wheels I liked would look good was my wife. I think it turned out okay. I searched (without asking) and couldn't find anyone else who had them. I didn't know if that was bad or good but, I knew they were the ones for me.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Juiced, I'm right with you, nobody has those wheels and its great. Sorry to step on your toes and get the same ones, but if its any help I have a TA!! Your car sold me on those wheels, now if they'd only get here!!!

On a side note, there has been like 5 threads in the last 36 hours that popped up, the same ones this thread is against!!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Amen to that, I think some people try to follow trends and buy whatever else thinks looks good, if you like it thats all that matters, if everyone did what everyone else liked, then all mod'd cars would look the same and there would be no personalization.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

You could always just not read the thread
Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Thats not the point, well not mine anyway. They drown out the other threads in the section. Kinda like spam drowning out important emails!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Okay wise-***. You should have been one of those that asked opinions first since your truck wheels are kinda ugly and look like Daisy flowers
Old 11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay wise-***. You should have been one of those that asked opinions first since your truck wheels are kinda ugly and look like Daisy flowers

lmao.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could u tell me if the wheels in my sig look good how they are, or if i should order replicas of them, or if i should get the same wheels but off a red 93 hawk, or heck, i could order replicas, then exchanged those with a friend for his 93 hawk wheels off a red hawk that were exchanged from a black hawk that were off a stolen hawk then traded for ones off my car....or should i just rotate them? thanks

im confused
Old 11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't agree. I think many people choose there appearance mods based not only on their own personal opinion/tastes, but those of their friends and peers. I'm sure MANY individuals have decided to not go with a certain wheel, or hood, or decal because their friends or people here on LS1tech disagreed with his/her tastes. Sometimes you want to know what others think about your ideas. That's all.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not bad that people ask, im pretty ignorant when it comes to f-bodys, but i come on here because its a place to get info and answers. another thig, i see similar threads in the appearance section all the time, "what color should i paint my car?", "what kind of badging should i get?", or "what hood?". its all the same, yes its true that it shouldnt matter what other people think, and u should personalize ur car based on ur personal opinion, but it helps getting other people's .02.

Quick Reply: Make your OWN decisions!