Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Make your OWN decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Lightbulb Make your OWN decisions!

What is reason for all the threads lately that go something like this:

What is the best wheel for my blue Camaro?

1. Everyone has their own idea of "best", there isn't one "best" choice.
2. Wheel purchases are the most important thing to do if you are personalizing your car. Pick a wheel style that appeals to YOU, not your buddies. That is what "personalizing" means, it looks good to YOU.

If your taste in styling sucks, just admit it. Quit asking which wheels look better on silver Camaros, white Trans Ams, red Z28s, purple GTOs, blah blah. I mean really, will a certain type of wheel look 10x better on a navy blue Camaro SS compared to a black Z28? Nope, chances are the wheels will look damn near identical on both. Why must you see pics of this wheel on every damn color of car in order to decide if it looks good?

I can usually look at a wheel by itself, without a tire on it, and tell if it will match a car or not. Why is this so difficult? If you like a wheel, and can afford it, then BUY it. No need to ask permission from everyone else on your decision. Buy them, put them on the car, and SHOW us.

/rant
Old 11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

I agree, it is getting out of hand with the number of damn threads asking these questions....Use the search, look at different wheels in the HUNDREDS of pictures on this site, and decide for yourself!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
I agree, it is getting out of hand with the number of damn threads asking these questions....Use the search, look at different wheels in the HUNDREDS of pictures on this site, and decide for yourself!

I would use the search myself.. in fact.. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes. It's broken.. again. It's down as much as.. something that's down a lot.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
I would use the search myself.. in fact.. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes. It's broken.. again. It's down as much as.. something that's down a lot.

lmao. but very true.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto. Asmodeus, I give your sig a couple of days!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Even with the search feature being worked on, you can still browse 100s of the most recent threads in this forum and see ****-tons of wheel photos. There is even a gallery at the top of the forum.

Seems like more and more people can't make their own decisions nowadays, when it comes to styling a hotrod. Is it really that difficult?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

tony do you know what the best wheels are for my red tricycle? j/k
Old 11-12-2006, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

could you guys tell me the best color to paint my car all personal opinions aside, kthxbye

Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Teching In

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a Pewter Metallic T/A with stock rims and was wondering which aftermarket rim was best for my car?...Thanks...

Just kidding boss!...
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, IMO, it seems like it's a common thing with most people in society. They want to impress OTHERS. When people look at your car, you want them to say it looks good. YOU know what will look good on your car and what YOU want, not what John Q Public thinks are hot looking rims. I see it as a status symbol in society today. Nobody wants to post a pic on here and basically have another LS1 enthusiast think their choice of rims is I really could give 2 figs less if someone don't like my rims, my car or even me for that matter. Who the **** are they?!

But FWIW, the Salad Shooters I have look damn good on my car and looked rancid on the Black WS6 that I got them from. I think if everyone had photochopping skillz, we wouldn't see a lot of these threads.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

agreed.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is worthless without pics!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Well, IMO, it seems like it's a common thing with most people in society. They want to impress OTHERS. When people look at your car, you want them to say it looks good. YOU know what will look good on your car and what YOU want, not what John Q Public thinks are hot looking rims. I see it as a status symbol in society today. Nobody wants to post a pic on here and basically have another LS1 enthusiast think their choice of rims is I really could give 2 figs less if someone don't like my rims, my car or even me for that matter. Who the **** are they?!

But FWIW, the Salad Shooters I have look damn good on my car and looked rancid on the Black WS6 that I got them from. I think if everyone had photochopping skillz, we wouldn't see a lot of these threads.
i agree, i first saw torque thrusts on a nova when i was like 8... and i wanted them ever since... when i got my camaro, guess which rims i bought? great looks, without spending 3k... i could care less that people say theyre over done...
Old 11-13-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

If we all built cars alike,how would we ever tell them apart.Everyone of has a differnet opinion on whats cool.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha i agree
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Its like with most things these days - the average person is too lazy to do research or their idea of research consists of asking three friends what they think. Problem for most is that it takes time, desire, creativity, and an ability to be outside the norm to come up with some of these things. To pick a nice set of wheels you first have to have a vision of what you want, you have to know where or if you can get something like this, and you have to spend some time understanding the numbers (wheel dimensions, tire specs, possible modifications required, etc).

I see the value in seeing pics of what others have done because often this gives you a baseline or may create new ideas. But to simply poll others for an answer is not really part of the original "hotrodder" spirit.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Veteran

I've wanted to say that exact same thing here lately.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Totaly Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

The reason people ask and I think I speak for everyone here is....

Like most people will buy rims THEY like but when they put them on their buddy's or people are like those wheels look horrible...So they come on here to see what people would like before actually getting them put on and being criticized...IMO: Who cares what other people think just buy the wheels that you like!

Quick Reply: Make your OWN decisions!