Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Make your OWN decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like th new classic IROC 18-20 wheels. I haven't seen those on a tricycle yet....
Old 11-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Okay wise-***. You should have been one of those that asked opinions first since your truck wheels are kinda ugly and look like Daisy flowers

I'm just saying....there are a ton of threads that I know I want no part of, and I skip over them.

BTW, You know my **** looks good....and at least it ain't a Dodge

Old 11-14-2006, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMOFO

I'm just saying....there are a ton of threads that I know I want no part of, and I skip over them.

BTW, You know my **** looks good....and at least it ain't a Dodge

Those sorta do look like a daisy.

How purty!!!

JJ
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Those sorta do look like a daisy.

How purty!!!

JJ
Get off Tony's nuts, a crowd is starting to form!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
I don't agree. I think many people choose there appearance mods based not only on their own personal opinion/tastes, but those of their friends and peers. I'm sure MANY individuals have decided to not go with a certain wheel, or hood, or decal because their friends or people here on LS1tech disagreed with his/her tastes. Sometimes you want to know what others think about your ideas. That's all.
I think there's a subtle difference between what you're suggesting and the point of this thread. FWIW, I don't personally have an issue with what you're saying - and that is bouncing an idea off of other people. That's fairly normal behavior in most circles where folks with common interest congregate (even in a professional environment).

I think the issue at hand is the "what's the BEST ______" approach, which is different in that it never seems to propose an idea in the first place. Instead its simply a cheap substitute for going out there and gathering your own ideas to begin with. Besides, the big fallacy with this approach is that in most cases there is no "best". There is only "best" for you or for a specific condition or event or rules or price range, etc., and the more opinion polls you run the more muddled the answer becomes. Ya know what I mean?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

true, but another issue that arose was that some members on here ask others to post pics of certain things, and that is also frowned upon. yes its true that you can probably search and find what u want, but isnt that the whole point of sites like these? to get help from other people? the problem here is that the people on this site that have been members for a long time, have read and answered most questions that come up, so when someone who just got an fbody joins, and they have a questions that one of the old members has already asked, they bash him and say things like, "use the search". but when an older member had the same question, they recieved answers and pictures or whatever. i agree with the whole, "what's best thing" but if someone request pics, or just needs some advice on something, shouldnt those who have the knowledge help them?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
I think the issue at hand is the "what's the BEST ______" approach, which is different in that it never seems to propose an idea in the first place. Instead its simply a cheap substitute for going out there and gathering your own ideas to begin with. Besides, the big fallacy with this approach is that in most cases there is no "best". There is only "best" for you or for a specific condition or event or rules or price range, etc., and the more opinion polls you run the more muddled the answer becomes. Ya know what I mean?
Exactly. All the "BEST" stuff is lame. Hopefully these guys have a general idea and a few choices of wheels they like. They should post pics or links to those wheels, and then gather some opinions if they wish. We don't mind offering opinions on a selection. It is just lame/vague when someone says "What is the BEST wheel for my car?" and gives no input.

Or, if someone sees a thread about wheels on white Camaros and creates a new thread asking for the same damn wheels on silver Camaros, lol. OH MY they look SO much better on silver compared to white!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

The message board is to learn and for input. But like Do ZR1's fit a 4th gen? I got a blue car does a black wheel look good.

Search and google and you can find tons of pics. Read the stickies...like my fav in handling is what shocks..has been asked 1.56 billion times to be exact lol.

good day
Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

I agree with yall, even though i have ask that question, i have search every where and i can't find pics of what i want and i was just wanting to see what my car would like with the wheels i plan on getting, i wasn 't asking for opions, before i bought my car i already had in mind the wheels i want, and i am getting the for me not other people, so i do agree with everone, get the wheel that you want not what other think look good, if you like the wheels then get the damn wheels. do it becasue its what you want, you will be more happy with the wheels you want than the wheels someone told you should get.

Sorry for asking i just couldn't find any pics of my car with the wheels im getting, plus im new at all this, thanks for correcting my mistake.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

^ No problem man, I think all of us wants to help one another out. Nine Ball is just trying to keep things fresh. You'll see what we're talking about after you log some more time on here.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
What is reason for all the threads lately that go something like this:

What is the best wheel for my blue Camaro?

1. Everyone has their own idea of "best", there isn't one "best" choice.
2. Wheel purchases are the most important thing to do if you are personalizing your car. Pick a wheel style that appeals to YOU, not your buddies. That is what "personalizing" means, it looks good to YOU.

If your taste in styling sucks, just admit it. Quit asking which wheels look better on silver Camaros, white Trans Ams, red Z28s, purple GTOs, blah blah. I mean really, will a certain type of wheel look 10x better on a navy blue Camaro SS compared to a black Z28? Nope, chances are the wheels will look damn near identical on both. Why must you see pics of this wheel on every damn color of car in order to decide if it looks good?

I can usually look at a wheel by itself, without a tire on it, and tell if it will match a car or not. Why is this so difficult? If you like a wheel, and can afford it, then BUY it. No need to ask permission from everyone else on your decision. Buy them, put them on the car, and SHOW us.

/rant
right on Tony. Can you imgaine how many threads you would have started if you wanted to know what wheels to put on each car you've owned
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Banned

Damn Nine Ball, I was wondering when someone would start this up. Anyway, I told myself that if they ever make chrome TT2's or something close (TTM), that I would get them, no questions asked forgoing perfromance mods and I'll be damned if I did. I heart my Mustang wheels, .

Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

lol. No kidding, and sometimes I've had several different sets of wheels on the same car. I think I've had almost all the wheel brands on an f-body by now!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

The problem is a lot of people are lazy and have no vision. They'd rather be told what to do than actually using their brains and figuring out what they like themselves. I find a lot of people on this website are of the "me too" crowd that would rather do something because it's popular than because it's what they like. Those that go outside the "norm" get chastised and made fun of because they went with something different. Different doesn't equal tacky though. There are some people that do things just because they can and not because they look good(eg 22's on an Fbody). I seriously think it's the way kids are being raised these days. It seems most of these types of threads are coming from the 25 or under crowd.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man thats the problem, u older guys think that all the younger guys are ****. that sums it up. people that have been with this site for a long time feel that they are above the newer members. what does "the way kids are being raised these days" have to do with, "what's the best looking rim for a TA" .**** its just a question. i agree that some people need to use the search, but if someone has a Q, they should be able to post it. im all about being unique, but seriously how many people jumped on the whole "halo lights" when that took off, how about the "whistler mod?" can u say "ceta-bumper?" thats what this site is for i think, to get help and ideaRs from people. maybe yall should start being more helpful and helping people come up with unique looks instead of saying, "do a search and do what everyone else has done"
Old 11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think some people may search, but IMO, people would like to have a response to THEIR specific question. Short of being the absolute most common questions asked, it's nice that people could help you out with YOUR specific question.

Prime example, you know those gay *** voice interaction machines when you call a credit card company or something of the likes? You keep saying YES and it's like "I'm sorry. I did not understand that. Let's try that again." You just want to press a button and get a REAL person to talk to on your issue. It's a real uplift to know that real people like you and me are able to help out someone with their problem/question. If the live person just told me "Dude, search our website. The answer is on there somewhere.", I'd be pretty discouraged. The whole point of it is that you would like to get some decent help. If I have the ability to help someone out, no matter how redundant the question, I'll try to help them out, because I wouldn't want be left hanging.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

lol!! yeah !!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

I think their is enough information/pics on this forum already to make your own decision on what kind of wheel your looking for.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by osvaldo
Man thats the problem, u older guys think that all the younger guys are ****. that sums it up. people that have been with this site for a long time feel that they are above the newer members. what does "the way kids are being raised these days" have to do with, "what's the best looking rim for a TA" .**** its just a question.
The point is that many of us who have been here for a while have seen these same questions asked, and in many cases answered, hundreds of times. Don't you find it annoying when someone asks you the same question a half dozen times? Doesn't it make you wonder what makes the next answer better than the previous ones? I don't think anybody has a problem addressing specific questions around here if the answer is out there somewhere (sometimes it just hasn't been done or the information isn't out there yet).

For example, "what's the hub bore diameter for an Fbody?" or "how is a black chrome finish applied and how durable is it?" or "should I clearcoat or powdercoat my polished wheels?", etc. I think these are solid questions that are obviously driving toward a specific outcome. On the other hand "what's the best wheel for a red Camaro" is a silly question. Maybe I like chrome 22x7's on my red Camaro, but you are drag racing the car and want Welds or maybe another guy is a road racer and thinks gunmetal Grand Sports is as good as it gets. Its all subjective past a point.

FWIW, when I was a kid I was taught to go out in the world and learn for myself. Not to just ask the people in my immediate vicinity (that probably think a lot like you do anyway). This way you not only learn what it is you are trying to learn, but you also pick up other things and skills along the way that will help when nobody has an answer for you or when folks tell you it can't be done.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed, but think for a second...think real hard! why do u think people come on here and ask Qs? To learn something, whether that something is , "whats the best rims for ______?" maybe they just want to know what everyones fav rim is on that specific subject or whatever....i agree that asking such a broad Q is pretty retarded, but maybe they're trying to get ideas.

maybe we should create a thread for the older guys with REAL Qs and one for the younger guys with DUMB Qs.......

DAMN IT! Why cant we all just get along?????

Quick Reply: Make your OWN decisions!