Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Got my 315/35-17 GSD-3's today

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
Ok...now I know for sure that there is no way I would get those tires....lol....I saw how little clearance I have now even after cutting that whole bumpstop mounting thingy off, honestly, judging by those pictures, that tire would still rub against the remnants when the car is in the air.

Stick to KD....hehe.

Wuss!

-Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you was like wtf? That was my reaction when mine arrived. They are super wide.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got them mounted and balanced this morning. They arent on the car yet beause i dont have time for BFH before work. I did test fit them just now and they dont rub at all when the rear is jacked up but once i lower it down to the ground it just rubs a little bit. I dont think i will have to BFH too much. But to answer your question about the width once its mounted, it was about 13.5" unmounted, and mounted on a 17x11 it is right at 13". So it lost about 1/2". That seems about right. 1/4" on each side. Those babies are getting mounted on the car this weekend.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

post um some pics after you get them on this weekend..I have the exact same set-up sitting in my basement. Im waiting on my umi panhard and a new back tire. The tire that is on there now has a slash in it from the previous owners fender after he lowered his car. Where did you get the tires mounted and did they give you any trouble about mounting them? Tires Plus bitched about putting my bfg kdw in 275 on my 10spokes!!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheLS1Kid
I got them mounted and balanced this morning. They arent on the car yet beause i dont have time for BFH before work. I did test fit them just now and they dont rub at all when the rear is jacked up but once i lower it down to the ground it just rubs a little bit. I dont think i will have to BFH too much. But to answer your question about the width once its mounted, it was about 13.5" unmounted, and mounted on a 17x11 it is right at 13". So it lost about 1/2". That seems about right. 1/4" on each side. Those babies are getting mounted on the car this weekend.
Do you have an adjustable panhard? Is your car lowered and if so by how much/with what kit?

Update this thread when you get pics! Those are the rims (chrome) and tires in the size I want!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Tire rack lists these tires with a 12.6" section width, but as you can see they are MUCH bigger than that.
the section width they indicate is measured while it's MOUNTED on the recommended rim size that they state. All tires will measure considerably wider when not mounted....lol
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do not have an adjustable panhard rod but i am at stock ride height.

I dont think i will have to roll the fender because of my stock height. There is a good amount of distance between the tire and my fender so there is no way the body will roll that much to make the fender slice the tire.

I will definately post some pics the second i get them mounted.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ap2000z28
post um some pics after you get them on this weekend..I have the exact same set-up sitting in my basement. Im waiting on my umi panhard and a new back tire. The tire that is on there now has a slash in it from the previous owners fender after he lowered his car. Where did you get the tires mounted and did they give you any trouble about mounting them? Tires Plus bitched about putting my bfg kdw in 275 on my 10spokes!!
I got them mounted at Action Gator Tire. I dont know if they have them up there in New Jersey, but the guy did a damn good job. Took him about 30 minutes to mount and balance them. Every other place i called said it would be $30 per tire. My total today at Action Gator came out to $47.08 for both. You just gotta compare prices, make a few calls and see what they can do for you.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're going to LOVE these tires. I get so giddy everytime I see them on my car. Here are a couple of pics to let people know how they compare to other tires:

315 vs. 275:

315 vs. 245:

315 vs. my size 11 shoe:

Old 03-30-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha nice pics.

How'd your fitment go?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I do not have an adjustable panhard rod but i am at stock ride height.

I dont think i will have to roll the fender because of my stock height. There is a good amount of distance between the tire and my fender so there is no way the body will roll that much to make the fender slice the tire.

I will definately post some pics the second i get them mounted.
Hey man....what year is your car? Mine's a 98 and is at stock ride height. For some reason though, the 98 cars sit about an inch lower than 99 + cars. With My old Yokos and no adjustable panhard bar, my right rear tire got the slice and dice treatment from the fender lip. After that bar it is all good. But you are right, if you got the factory 4 x 4 look, you might not have as much in the of slicing issues as I did.

Manny
Old 03-31-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok...now I know for sure that there is no way I would get those tires....lol....I saw how little clearance I have now even after cutting that whole bumpstop mounting thingy off, honestly, judging by those pictures, that tire would still rub against the remnants when the car is in the air.

Stick to KD....hehe.
How wide were your KD's?? Mine were just over 13 in. like his, weird.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Those look amazing.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man....what year is your car? Mine's a 98 and is at stock ride height. For some reason though, the 98 cars sit about an inch lower than 99 + cars. With My old Yokos and no adjustable panhard bar, my right rear tire got the slice and dice treatment from the fender lip. After that bar it is all good. But you are right, if you got the factory 4 x 4 look, you might not have as much in the of slicing issues as I did.

Manny
My car is a 99.

LOL and yes it has that factory 4x4 look. Eventually im just going to lower the front 1", but I dont think that would make a difference with the tire fitment.

I get off work at 4:00 today so thats when the fun begins!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

My car is a 99.

LOL and yes it has that factory 4x4 look. Eventually im just going to lower the front 1", but I dont think that would make a difference with the tire fitment.

I get off work at 4:00 today so thats when the fun begins!
Yeah...leave the rear alone and just lower the front, that way the car always goes downhill which will be great for fuel economy!

Good luck putting them on....and post pics right away!

Trust,

Mine were 13.1", but after cutting the bumpstops out completely, with the car in the air and the rear end unsupported, I only had a miniscule amount of clearance between the tire and the remnants of what used to be the bumpstop mounting tab.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pics are in!!

I would like to start out by saying I'm dissappointed in the pics. They dont do the tires justice. They look MUCH bigger in person.

Also, maybe I was just lucky, but the BFH mod is nothing. Whoever says it was hard and a pain in the *** is just weak or lazy. For future people who want to put 315's on their car, dont let anyone talk you out of it because of BFH, it was a breeze. Anyway here are the pics.

Other than BFH, i took a notch out of one of my LCA's (which only took 2 minutes), not because i had to though, just for piece of mind becasue the tire was close to it.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out and gave me advice. I appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i measured my kd's and they are about 12.8" so these seem to be a tad wider. they look good. i might go that route next time.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good buddy! Maybe if I can "de-lazy" myself, I'll clean up my car and take some better pics tomorrow.

I just did my little 3000 rpm in first and dropping the hammer test.....incredible how the car just hooks, lifts the nose, and scoots. Mentally I am still ready for some sideways action, so it's still a surprise to me when the revs don't climb really fast and the car just kinda lurches forward instead of sideways

Those pretty blue and white lines won't be on the tire very long I am assuming...
Old 03-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics are in!!

I would like to start out by saying I'm dissappointed in the pics. They dont do the tires justice. They look MUCH bigger in person.

Also, maybe I was just lucky, but the BFH mod is nothing. Whoever says it was hard and a pain in the *** is just weak or lazy. For future people who want to put 315's on their car, dont let anyone talk you out of it because of BFH, it was a breeze. Anyway here are the pics.

Other than BFH, i took a notch out of one of my LCA's (which only took 2 minutes), not because i had to though, just for piece of mind becasue the tire was close to it.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out and gave me advice. I appreciate it.

Awesome!!!!

What size are your rear wheels - 17x11? Also what is the offset of the wheels your running?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Switchblade
Awesome!!!!

What size are your rear wheels - 17x11? Also what is the offset of the wheels your running?
Looks like 17 x 11 with 50mm offset to me

Quick Reply: Got my 315/35-17 GSD-3's today