Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best upgrade from g-force t/a kdw?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best upgrade from g-force t/a kdw?

I'm using the BFG g-force t/a kdw tires for the rears and while they're great for all purpose driving (rain!) they don't grip as well as I'd like for them to at WOT. The whole point of my setup is to be able to take off and get a rowdy jump at WOT because of the stall and tires and I'm just not taking off fast enough because of the lack of grip and I spin too much at the track. I think I saw a newer version of the KDW and it had similar tread to the BFG drag radials. I'm trying to get the best traction without sucking in the rain, since I drive my car daily. I want to be able to just take off at WOT, like some Nitto 555Rs, but those wouldn't be too good on slick roads. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to just get some BFG drags but wouldn't they just be undriveable on slick roads, or rain? I hardly run in to rain, but when I do, I want to be able to brake and stop and not slide through a red light!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats gonna be hard to find. I run the KDWS tires year round on the back & I can get them to grip pretty good. Its kinda hard to find a good street tire thats both sticky on dry pavement & good in the rain or wet conditions. These are actually the best I have found. And they usually last me about a year.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

what tread style of kdw do you have... they have 2 versions.... one old school style looks like the comp t/a tread and a new funky style.... i can tell you from experience the old school tread is the way to good..... but a step up would be KDs... they are specific right and left.... my 2nd pick would be gs-d3 goodyears
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Yes i agree with the guy above id go with the GS-D3's from goodyear. What size tire are you looking to run on the rear?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the KDW in the 275/40/17 at 28lbs on the rear and hook on the street pretty well. Best all around tire I have had so far.