Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Painting CCW'S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
More than anything I want to keep them how they are. When I say these spots are bad they are bad. If you guys can give me a detailed and effective process to get them off I will do it. I spen 2 hours yesterday polishing them and they still look horrible. From far away they look good and shiny but up closer they make me wanna throw up.

If you are polishing them by hand, you might have to step up to a machine. I never had much luck with the Mothers Powerball on my old 505s because of the close spoke design, but you could at least give it a try and see if it helps any. If not, you need to go a step further and get some polishing rogue (sp) and some polishing buffs for your drill. Lastly, wetsanding them back out will certainly get them out. There are certainly pros/cons with unfinished aluminum wheels...and one of the pros is that basically no matter the defect, you should always be able to repair it yourself, without having to have them rechromed/refinished etc. Maybe you could try to get a couple pics together and we could help point you in a better direction!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

ok I will do that and get you some pics.