Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo HTRZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sumitomo HTRZ

what are yall's guys thoughts on these tires....I like the tread design and I realize they are a low treadwear rating and they are not a top of the line tire

with that said...all i do with the car is drive it back and forth to work...I dont need something with alot of traction as I dont race the car, it rarely if ever see's the track (maybe once a year), they are a cheap tire, but I dont want them falling apart and all that in a few thousand miles..noise isnt a prob as you can see the exhaust im running...i basically just need a running around tire..just to get me back and forth..i thought about spending a ton on a good set of tires..but it just doesnt make sense too right now seeing as it really doesnt see that much action..just 14 miles to work and back at highway speeds..nothing more and nothing special..is anyone running these tires and what are yal's experience with them? just dont wanna sacrifice cheap for a cheaply made tire
Old 08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

well a quick search yielded good results..they seem like a good deal for a quick "new" tire for just regular ol driving...nothing spirited...yal throw in some things to consider as well
Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had two sets of them and for the price I like what I got out of them. I got 40,000 hard miles out of my first set with proper rotations. My new set Im sure wont last that long because I have two different wheel sizes now. But for half the price of BFG's that might last a little longer than the HTRZ's you cant beat them.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For what you want they will do fine. Keep in mind that if you get on it much they will spin like someone slathered them in oil, lithium grease and KY.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i got some eagle f1's and they do that now..with the stall hitting the tires it is kinda hard to get traction..even at a decent roll...im not expecting them to stick like dr's..just to get me back and forth and to putt around
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

I had a set of Sumitomo 315's that experienced tread seam separation. I contacted Sumitomo and they sent me to a local retailer. They refused to replace them - said I must have run over something (which wasn't true). They were kind enough to put two scratches in my quarter panel and cover my A-pillar and door panel with greasy hand prints. I contacted Sumitomo, again - and was sent to another retailer. That store said they wouldn't provide warranty coverage because they were on a Camaro - a high performance car. After several a few very hot emails to executives (and threats of legal action), I was finally sent to a third retailer who finally replaced the tires. Sumitomo customer service is among the worst in the industry, and I will never buy their garbage again.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Webz
for the price I like what I got out of them