Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Got New Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got New Wheels!

Well, here they are. I know I need to polish them up, but it is just going to rain again so I didn't bother. They are Boyd Wheels -- Smoothie II's. Fronts are 17 X 8 and the rears are 17 X 10's. The picture is bad but I am getting some new headlights in next week so I will take better pictures then.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Got New Wheels!

Lookin good. They fit the style of the car a lot more then the old ones
Old 07-03-2003, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

How much do they weigh? I know you said the old ones were too heavy. Lookin' good!!!! I quess you got your tranny fixed too.

Ryan
Old 07-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Fiery Features Director

How much do they weigh? I know you said the old ones were too heavy. Lookin' good!!!! I quess you got your tranny fixed too.

Ryan
Yep, put the tranny back in last night and it is working great. The Kevlar pro series band just snapped right in half
These wheels are also pretty heavy. However, I'll just strap on the 16" ET Streets if I go out to race.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is so ill
Old 07-04-2003, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Those look much better on your car! The classic style goes well with the classic flames. Damn that car sure has changed over the years

Tony
Old 07-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Fiery Features Director

Thanks Tony. I still would much rather have your car... Wanna trade?
A few guys that knew me when I first got the car wanted me to do a before and after type deal with every step that I did to the car. However, I failed to take pictures of every single step. SO.. I just did first day to present day.
I never realized how close the paint color was to the original until now.. Don't have an "under the hood" picture. It's just too dirty under there!
Old 07-04-2003, 01:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

You might have the mirrors painted cayenne red so that they draw less attention from the flames. It would give it a more clean look IMHO.

Tony
Old 07-04-2003, 01:24 PM
Fiery Features Director

You might have the mirrors painted cayenne red so that they draw less attention from the flames. It would give it a more clean look IMHO.

Tony
The car is no longer Cayenne red. It is called something like Cranberry metallic. I am definately going to do something with the mirrors, but I need to get new ones first. After I got the car back from the paint shop, I noticed a large chip in one of the mirrors. I just have to decide now what I am going to do with the interior other than what I have already done. I already know what is going under the hood! (gotta make sure that I am always ahead of ole Brains)
Old 07-04-2003, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Interior? Check out the custom leather group purchase going on in the Sponsor forum. Awesome pricing on kits that YOU design. Maybe some charcoal gray outers, with cranberry-like center sections, and silver stitching threads? Then maybe a Z28 logo with flames behind it stitched on the headrests.

Tony
Old 07-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Fiery Features Director

Interior? Check out the custom leather group purchase going on in the Sponsor forum. Awesome pricing on kits that YOU design. Maybe some charcoal gray outers, with cranberry-like center sections, and silver stitching threads? Then maybe a Z28 logo with flames behind it stitched on the headrests.

Tony
Wow, you have some great ideas! I already have custom leather but I like the headrests logo idea. What do you think about the black carbon fiber dash kit? Sorry, I know this post has gone WAY off the subject... but I really need ideas before the Houston Autorauma rolls around. I also need to figure out how I can put a roll bar in the car that isn't going to take away from the interior or make it look bad but will be legal for the racing competitions. Any ideas? Thanks Tony.. you rock!
Old 07-04-2003, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HOLY CRAP!!! That car is awesome!!!

I need some save up so I can afford a set of those rims
Old 07-05-2003, 01:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

That black cf dash kit looks great. I really loved the way it looked in the silver ARE 8-second Camaro. As for a rollbar, get one that sits back a little, even with the back edge of the door windows. Thats how mine was. It wasn't visible from outside the car. If you are going for a show look, have it sprayed the same cranberry as your car. Then just some black harnesses on each front seat. Maybe get a helmet painted to match (with flames) and sit it on the center console for the shows.

Then you need a nitrous bottle (or two) painted to match also!

Tony
Old 07-05-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

That looks bad ****!! I love my smoothies and have been wanting flames but the $$ is not right now. Your car has the look! Nice man NICE!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

if im not mistaking the jegs weld in four point sits way back thats the one im thinking of getting also going to get painted to match
(and i thought my car was sweet )
Old 07-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Fiery Features Director

Thanks for the suggestions Tony and thank you all for the compliments. I think I am actually going to hold off on the carbon fiber. I was talked into another set up so I gotta start saving up for something new. Car will never be fast enough... You know women.. always changing their minds