Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Review of AVON M500's

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Review of AVON M500's

Well guys I ordered the Avon M500's after wanting a set of Bfgoodrich kdw's but I couldnt really fork out the cash due to a divorce im going through..So I went with the Avon's after much research and finding few complaints about them...They are one of the few companies that still make their tires in the USA...I am still in the break in process of these tires but so far I couldnt be happier...Size I went with was a 275/40/17

Noise-Some folks complain of roadnoise but I have a small cam, LT's, Off road Y pipe, and a GMMG so I cant hear **** from my tires lol

Traction-These tires stick just as well as the Goodyear F1's and the Michelin Pilot that I had in the rear...not an extremely sticky tire but with the stall i have I cant get traction anyway unless I go with a dr....They are more than fine for a High Performance Summer Tire...They respond well to the road conditions and feel more stable than the F1's were...

Size-When they arrived they were really fat for a 275..they stick out nicely under my wheel well..not too much and not too little...Wider for a 275 so I cant complain about that...

Tread-Im not a fan of the really out there tread designs, I like the simple block tread design in five rows....and these are beautiful from the rear view of the car...look really nice...there tread isnt the deepest by any mean but the treadwear is 280 so there not expected to be super long lasting tires..I dont really drive the car except on weekends anyways so that wasnt a big deal for choosing the tire..money was a big part of it at this point

Price-Tirerack has been running a special on them and i got them at a really good price so that was the kicker as well..

I will update more once I get them broke in and have had them for a while..Just thought I would drop a line for anyone considering these tires

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 01-24-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

cool man, good to know, got any pics?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need to get some up..I dont have any right off hand
here is the link to them http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=Tech+M500

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 01-24-2008 at 07:05 AM.