Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What wheel looks good on your COLOR car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still trying to figure this question out for my car
Old 06-12-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think black rims
looks good on green
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing looks good on Pewter.. who would buy that color?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:22 PM

What about 2015 RedRock, which is maroon-ish with a orange hue?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
i hope this put an end to those threads,but i'm also glad that i wasnt crazy thinking about getting white wheels for my dark blue z.thanx to you and your viper for the influence
I hate to say it, but it won't. Wish it would though.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Default I think black&chrome looks good 2

@StuckItNyoAZZ lol I would have to strongly disagree especially cuz I have it lol what do you guys think? Btw any suggestions on tires for 305/40/R18 rear ?
Old 04-12-2024, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Lately, I'm not sure if some people are just new to styling a vehicle, or they maybe they were born without a taste gene. What is up with all of the "what wheels look best on my COLOR car?" threads? Do you really need to ask what wheels look good based on car color alone? I thought this stuff was simple, just plain 'ol hotrod common sense. Read enough performance car magazines and you tend to figure out what works and doesn't work when it comes to vehicle color vs wheel finishes.

I've put together a little chart for the wheel colorblind. Maybe this will help you get going in the right direction when selecting a wheel finish. Here are my 'safe' recommendations on wheel finishes for your color of vehicle. On rare occasions, venturing outside of the recommendations may work, but most of the time there are better choices to be made. For example, you may feel that your black wheels on a navy blue car look great, but I guarantee one of the other finishes would look even better to the rest of the automotive world. Do you ever wear navy blue dress pants with a black dress shirt? If so, see "taste gene is broken" statement above.

Good news if you own a red, black, or white vehicle. EVERY finish tends to look good on those colors. Your job of picking a wheel finish just got easy.

Now, as for wheel styling, you are pretty much on your own in that regard. Everyone has different taste, so selecting the "perfect" wheel will vary with every person you ask.
Would you mind updating this and adding a section for bronze wheels as they are the rage now? Appreciate you!
Old 04-14-2024, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I went with Forgeline Wheels, they are expensive, and very high quality, SARA (2001 Z28) just loves them. Forgeline | American-Made Custom Forged Wheels

Quick Reply: What wheel looks good on your COLOR car?