Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Mickey Thompson gave me some junk ET Street Radials

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have misread that your buddy had different tires. I thought you guys purchased the same types. I'd say your fighting a loosing battle. It's a racing tire and there are many variables that can lead to abnormal wear.

I'd chaulk it up and just pick up a new set of tires. Actually, I tell my customers to consider purchasing different tires even if you were happy with one of the styles as each driver will have different experiences with similar brands. Try something else and see if you like them better.

Good luck!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if you were here in cali I would say contact the BBB (better business bureau) for some help, but I dont know if you have such a thing in Iowa???
Old 06-04-2008, 01:56 AM
12 Second Club

35 psi Is too much, Thats about what mine were at (I didnt know due to bad air pressure gauge) 25psi Is what seems like everyone recommends. Overinflation does cause premature wear and that is exactly what my tires looked like, Im telling you from experience. It sucks, In fact it really sucks, But I did the same thing last year. Spent like 350 and in less than 1000 miles mine were worthless too. But you just have to chalk it up as a lesson learned and get over it. Mickey Thompson's material is way softer than any other tire out there.... If you are looking for a tire that last longer I'd recommend the nitto's. Seems like they hook decent but are made of a harder material. Just my .02
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Man that sucks I'd be po'd too if I bought an expensive drag radial and it
went that fast.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nd4spd22
35 psi Is too much, Thats about what mine were at (I didnt know due to bad air pressure gauge) 25psi Is what seems like everyone recommends.

finally someone hit it on the head. my et streets are running 23 psi and are wearing perfectly. 35 psi is TOO much
Old 06-27-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
finally someone hit it on the head. my et streets are running 23 psi and are wearing perfectly. 35 psi is TOO much
ummmmm..... I think that has been mentioned more than a few times in this thread.

What is the conclusion from this? Did anybody take care of this situation, or did they treat is for what it was?