Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG G-Force Sport vs SS A/S vs KDW

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG G-Force Sport vs SS A/S vs KDW

Time for some new tread. Right now I have the Sumo HTR 275/40/17 all around. After searching and reading through the posts it looks like everyone who has BFG KDW or Super Sport A/S are happy. I haven't heard anyone's opinion on the G-Force Sport. I have a 2000 Z28 all stock except for the TTIIs, daily driver but I take good care of her and she is beautiful. I live in Atlanta where it rarely if ever snows so all season is not a huge concern but it does occasionally rain hard. For those who have had these I have a couple questions...

1. I was told the Super Sport A/S will last longer than the G-Force Sport. Is that true?

2. Is the KDW worth the extra cost? Cost is not a huge concern, but still keeping it in mind. I think I like the looks of the tread patter best.

3. Prices I found (set of 4 installed out the door)... G-Force Sport $547. Super Sport A/S $567. KDW $739. What do you BFG experienced guys think?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately kdws. theyre amazing in every aspect and you will not regret them.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

I went with the a/s SS and have only had them on for a day but they grip well. It also looks like the newest release from bfg and they are getting really good reviews on tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...jsp?type=UHPAS

The only thing left to see is how well they hold but but things are looking good so far.

They are priced really well also.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the G force sports and since they came on the car and were nearly new I can't complain too loudly. I won't be putting them back on however when I wear these out. No complaints in the rain they do really well on wet roads so far. Dry traction isn't bad, but with bolt ons and 4.10s I just spin from a dig.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned

well i have 275/40/18 KDW tires on my car, they are the old tread pattern cause i dont like the new style. I dont like the KDW tires for hard launches, they dont grab all that great. I went out corner carving through the mountains last weekend and these tires totally redeemed themselves. They stuck to the road without any issues even towards the top of the mountain (6000ft), which settled all my nervousness. I daily drive my car and have driven cross country 2 times with these tires. I have a bit over 20k miles on them and they are 2 years old.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Well it sounds like everyone is happy with all three. The Tirerack evaluations don't sound overly favorable in the rain though. But then Brickyard said his performed well fine in the rain. I was checking out your pics. You guys have some beautiful cars. Anyone else have pics showing these tires on you cars or opinions on how these perform in the rain?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A couple of pics. of 275-40-17 BFG-KDW. I have never driven in the rain with them, but they do stick really well in the turns.
Attached Thumbnails BFG G-Force Sport vs SS A/S vs KDW-18x2.jpg   BFG G-Force Sport vs SS A/S vs KDW-17x2.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Launching!

When I got my car it had normal all season tires on it so I bought some KDW's and couldnt of been happier. They stick in the corners, catch tracton easy, hell they even dropped me .02 in the 1/4. Also, a friend told mine said he only got 6k miles in his Supra on these tires but I put right at 17k miles on them since Auguest and it was VARY HARD miles, including alot of doghnuts, burnouts, drag racing atleast 3 weekends a month and they still held up in the rain when I got raid of them last week. Best tires for the money IMO.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts

G-force Sports aren't known to be great in the wet. The A/S is better.

I haven't had KDW's, but I did have the KDWS, and I can say that the Super Sport A/S rides a lot better and does better in the wet than the KDWS. My take is that ultimate handling is going to be best with KDW, and all-around comfort and performance is best with the A/S.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Teching In

thanks for the insight! pics look great! Anyone out there have some pics with a set of the Bfg Super Sport A/S?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 912 Likes on 652 Posts

I have the older KDW tire on the rear of my car. I love them. Only complaint I have is when it's cold out they spin easy. Other than that they hook good and handle well.

I had KDWS on the front and replaced them with the newer g force sport. I mainly replaced them because I think they are an ugly tire, and the poor alignment with the sportline springs didn't help either.

I can say with the KDWS I drove in a freakin monsoon and never had a problem with them.

So far I don't have any complaints with the g force tires. I never drive in the snow but do see some rain. The A/S tires are closer to the KDWS in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on my second set(of 4) with the BFGoodrich KDW's in 245/50/R16. These are a great performance tire IMO. I have the old style tread though, which is out of production.

The KDWS are all season tires. I wouldn't consider any all season tire on your car, since it never snows where you live. A performance summer tire will give you a lot more grip.

What I like about the tire:
1. Grip in the corners. Amazing, you'll crap your pants before you run out of grip.
2. Realtively quiet. That's realitve, since I have a loud exhaust though.
3. Good traction from a dig, provided its warm.
4. Absoultely amazing in the rain, lots of traction, feels safe doing 80mph on the interstate with a wet road.
5. Drive the same with 200 miles on them, or when I wore them out with 20k miles on them.
What I don't like:
1. Grip in the cold. They suck when the temps drop below 40 degrees or so.
2. Absolutey cannot drive in the slightest bit of snow. Not an issue in Atlanta.
3. Wear- Don't expect more than 20k miles out of them if you drive hard and rotate.

Also: I bought a set of KDW's for under $600, including shipping from tire rack, about a 18 months ago.

Quick Reply: BFG G-Force Sport vs SS A/S vs KDW