Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

325's 50/R15 Issue Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 325's 50/R15 Issue Need help

I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 with the moser 12 bolt rear. Extended arp studs , Just fabed up the rear to fit the tires , had to grind the calipers some to get them to clear as well.. Finally got them on and there is no scraping at all. The only Issue that im having is the Abs inoper , brake , and asr light comes on at 40 mph? Everytime i shut the car down it goes away when i start it back up. If i roll around less then 40 its fine doesnt go on .....right when i hit 40 mph it throws all three codes at once. Anything in particular that i could do or try ? i mean it kinda pisses me off that it all fits but at 40 this happens.

help me out guys really need this problem to go away thanks
Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine does that too, its just because your vehicle speed sensor is picking up that the rear tires are spinning a different speed than the front tires because you have a 28" tire in the rear, and probably a 26" in the front.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

^^ yep what he said, mine does the same thing. your better of just removing the abs, save some weight and youll stop a little better.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep. Pretty much only thing you can do is remove the abs, and I think have the light somehow turned off. Other than that, it will always come on. It doesnt hurt anything, or affect stopping.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Teching In

thanks alot guys for the feeback , thats what i thought. Just have to take out the abs then
Old 06-19-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Check with SJM Manufacturing. They make some kit *** ABS delete kits with a line lock. I know I'm getting one in about a week. My Dana does not have the ABS provisions and I will be running 28's on the back with 26's in the front after this weekend.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Check with SJM Manufacturing. They make some kit *** ABS delete kits with a line lock. I know I'm getting one in about a week. My Dana does not have the ABS provisions and I will be running 28's on the back with 26's in the front after this weekend.
Thanks for the reference.

The above comments are correct. ABS will not operate correctly when it is out of its design parameters. Even if you were to remove the lamp, your brake system will not operate correctly whereas ABS will activate when you probably DON’T want it to increasing braking distances among other problems.

To all folks that are considering different sized tires…Typically when you purchase new rear-ends, no sense in adding ABS options as they will increase costs yet ABS rendered useless on your car.

Our kits remove the entire ABS bracket and modulator with new pre-formed lines. EVERY kit includes an adjustable proportioning valve for front/rear bias adjustment needs. Previously, when your car had ABS, all bias adjustments were made with the modulator. Since ABS is not functioning, the adjustable proportioning valve takes its place.