Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What studs/nuts for Weld Prostars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetal
I'm not sure I will like the looks of studs sticking 2" out of my ZR1's...
this is the exact reason why i bought 2.5" for all 4.

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Will the 2.5" stud work with a 5/16 spacer up front? And can I get a 2.5" stud also in the rear with 15x10 prostars and still pass tech?
the 2.5" works in the front and is safe but its like 4 mm too short to be completley IHRA/NHRA legal (stud is suppose to come out 12mm into the hex portion of the lugnut) but i have been running them at NED with basicly no problems, one guy was like they r really close but a tiny bit too short, i was just like "dude those are 2.5" ARP's i just replaced them" he was like "oh ok" honestly i dont think u will have a problem, they just make u remove a lug nut if u have closed ended ones, but then again u might get a ******** tech guy and be screwed. but i really just cant justify having my studs stick out on my street wheels an extra 2 inches.

i will be at NED 2m and sunday july 5th and 6th if u want to come up i will show u how they look in the front... i havent gotten the rears in yet so im still running salad shooters in the rear but i have 2.5" on the way from summit for the rears.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
this is the exact reason why i bought 2.5" for all 4.

the 2.5" works in the front and is safe but its like 4 mm too short to be completley IHRA/NHRA legal (stud is suppose to come out 12mm into the hex portion of the lugnut) but i have been running them at NED with basicly no problems, one guy was like they r really close but a tiny bit too short, i was just like "dude those are 2.5" ARP's i just replaced them" he was like "oh ok" honestly i dont think u will have a problem, they just make u remove a lug nut if u have closed ended ones, but then again u might get a ******** tech guy and be screwed. but i really just cant justify having my studs stick out on my street wheels an extra 2 inches.

i will be at NED 2m and sunday july 5th and 6th if u want to come up i will show u how they look in the front... i havent gotten the rears in yet so im still running salad shooters in the rear but i have 2.5" on the way from summit for the rears.
I'm being told I need 3.25" studs out back to be legal with my 15x10. Up front I'm using 2.5" and that's fine. Now I don't know if LT1's are different than LS1's. Worse comes to worse you can get the 3.25" and just cut them down to legal size.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3.25's in the rear? are u running a spacer? if ur not running a spacer i think 2.5" in the rear would be plenty.... or at least i hope so... i run a spacer in the front and the 2.5" barely stick out of the rim... with no spacer in the rear i figured i would have plenty of stud with the 2.5"...

hmmm im ordering the 2.5" for the rear and should have them on this week i will let u kno
Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
3.25's in the rear? are u running a spacer? if ur not running a spacer i think 2.5" in the rear would be plenty.... or at least i hope so... i run a spacer in the front and the 2.5" barely stick out of the rim... with no spacer in the rear i figured i would have plenty of stud with the 2.5"...

hmmm im ordering the 2.5" for the rear and should have them on this week i will let u kno
I'm not running a spacer in the rear. I am running a 5/16 spacer up front. I want 2.5" all around but want to be able to pass tech at NED. I want the shorter ones because I want to put my show wheels on sometimes and don't want to much stud sticking out.

Quick Reply: What studs/nuts for Weld Prostars?