Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound/heat deadening on a budget...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well seeing how I leave the cutout open all the time I doubt that anyone could hear the SLP dual/dual Guessing I would have to do the whole car then to make it quiet enough. Will be doing the doors anyway.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anybody have any experience using Lizard Skin?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Frost King on just my doors this weekend(inside and out). I notice less road noise. If the noise was originally a 10, I would call it a 5 or 6 now, I'm sure doing the floor will help. The speakers sound alot better, music is much clearer. When I turn my stereo up, I usually put it at 40 on the volume. It is just as loud and clearer at 35 now. I think I will use something a little thicker on the floor and rear, then put Frost king over it.

Last edited by brapril714; 12-14-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: 5th grade spelling
Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine this weekend, minus the doors and it made a big difference. I used 6 rolls of Frost King and talk about nice now. Had to turn down the radio so I could hear my car - that is with the cutout open. When I took it out and stopped at the first light I came to I thought my car had died. Cant wait to see what doing the doors will do. Granted when I get on it I hear it. When I did mine it took me 13 hours since it was my first time and wanted to get it right the first time. I ran two rolls straight down from the front of the car all the way back to the trunk - one layer in that direction. Then went back and covered the parts from door to door - in that direction. Glad I used this stuff!!! Was easy to lay but one problem I had was that it didnt stick like I hoped. The carpet took care of that when I was put back in. Stuff molds easy to some curves but be prepared to cut a few reliefs to make it fit better. Other than that I am very impressed with it for what it is. Anyone have any questions about it, just do it. Well worth the time
Old 12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Glad I used this stuff!!! Was easy to lay but one problem I had was that it didnt stick like I hoped. The carpet took care of that when I was put back in. Stuff molds easy to some curves but be prepared to cut a few reliefs to make it fit better.
Glad to hear you had a good experience. I will be doing the rest of my car when it warms up a bit. Did you prep the surface by cleaning with a multipurpose cleaner like Windex? I noticed that it has some very very minor adhesion problems if the surface is dirty (more than a minor problem) or the ambient/material temperature is on the cool side (minor problem). And yep, I had to cut reliefs all over the place - the aluminum doesn't like to stretch too much.

Quick Reply: Sound/heat deadening on a budget...