Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

camaro stock speaker sizes

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring

I just installed a alpine head unit in replacement of the factory monsoon stereo in my 2002 Camaro SS. After reading a schematic of the radio harness, i only see 4 sets of speaker wires. Front left, Front right, Rear left, Rear right. my question is do the sail speakers, the speaker beside the back seat get power from the rear speakers?? all the speakers have power but the sail speakers just seem to have bass, are they more for mid and factory subwoofer??
Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The factory Monsoon amp splits the signal and has built in crossovers. The sail panel speakers are subwoofers and will only output bass.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Huskins
I just installed a alpine head unit in replacement of the factory monsoon stereo in my 2002 Camaro SS. After reading a schematic of the radio harness, i only see 4 sets of speaker wires. Front left, Front right, Rear left, Rear right. my question is do the sail speakers, the speaker beside the back seat get power from the rear speakers?? all the speakers have power but the sail speakers just seem to have bass, are they more for mid and factory subwoofer??
Please read the https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...nsoon-faq.html sticky at the top of the section.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now 7 years ago! XD

Quick Reply: camaro stock speaker sizes